MI MI - Jasmine Moody, 18, Detroit, 4 December 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jasmine Moody
Jasmine-Moody-jpg.jpg

Police: Texas student missing since visit to Detroit
Detroit police are asking for help in the search for a missing 18-year-old woman. Jasmine Moody was last seen about 7:30 p.m. Dec. 4 leaving her friend's home in the 3700 block of Baldwin. She is a student at the University of Texas and was visiting her friend in Detroit while on school break. She has not returned to Texas. She is described as a black woman standing about 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing 130 pounds. She has a light brown complexion and has black hair and brown eyes. Moody was last seen wearing a white University of Texas hoodie, blue jeans and brown boots. She has a tattoo of a flower on her stomach and a tongue piercing. She is considered to be in good physical and mental condition.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/police-texas-student-missing-since-visit-to-detroit/30157360

Is the friend she was visiting male? Was this a safe area? Did she have a car? Was it found? Why do so many college students go missing lately? Where are you Jasmine?

Not sure how to alert the mods.. can you change this to DETROIT? There is a Baldwin MI but she is missing from Baldwin St in DETROIT. Might make a difference.
Does she have a car? Or was she on foot? Where was she going? There is so little info I am suspecting the police are skeptical of the story, or have a pretty good idea what happened...

Is the friend she was visiting male? Was this a safe area? Did she have a car? Was it found? Why do so many college students go missing lately? Where are you Jasmine?

Police said the friend she was visiting was female, that she had stayed there nearly 2 weeks, and that the friend and friend's mother refused to talk to the reporter. This was on the TV news report.

http://www.fox5storm.com/story/2761...earch-for-missing-texas-student-jasmine-moody

Sounds ominous based on the fight that took place beforehand. It sounds like she and the girl she was visiting were possibly in some sort of relationship, and then got into an argument.

"The night before she is going to leave, her and my daughter got into an argument," Sonia said.

A feud, this mother says, over Facebook.

"My daughter was like, 'Who have you been on Facebook with, since you're not doing what you're supposed to,'" Sonia said. " But Jasmine said no, you can't touch my laptop, so (Brittany said) you must be hiding something."

Sonia says Brittany stormed out of the house to blow off some steam and Jasmine soon followed behind with her belongings, as if she were going to leave.

"She ran out the door and my daughter just happened to still be out here," Sonia said. "So she grabbed her clothes from her and she said where are you going, you're not from here.

"It was bad, it was late at night."

FOX 2 was told told Brittany then went back inside.

"But when she came back out, (Jasmine) was gone," Sonia said. "We haven't seen her since."

That was Dec. 4, the last time they say, they saw Jasmine.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/27644846/mother-of-missing-jasmine-moody-doesnt-buy-story-of-disappearance (article dated 12/16/2014)

Lisa Nichols just landed in Detroit, flying in from Texas to try and find her 19-year-old daughter, missing since Dec. 4.

"I need to know what happened to my daughter that's why I'm here," Nichols said. "She just wouldn't just leave and run away. She knows no one here. That does not describe her at all.

Jasmine's disappearance has been in the news for several days, police have not received any tips on where she could be. Investigators are now meeting with the violent crimes task force as well as homicide detectives.

Sources say a search warrant at the home was inconclusive as was a lie detector test given to Moody's friend, who has been hospitalized for anxiety and other medical issues since her disappearance.

http://www.fox5storm.com/story/27619467/detroit-police-search-for-missing-texas-student-jasmine-moody

Where is Jasmine Moody? Detroit police working feverishly to figure that out, searching a home on Baldwin Friday, looking for any evidence, any clues.

Sources say several items including phones and computers were taken from this house to be examined. Michigan State Police also there conducting an investigation of their own.

Hmmm.... wonder who's house this is? One of Brittany's friends since Jasmine doesn't really know anyone much in Detroit?

http://www.fox5storm.com/story/27619467/detroit-police-search-for-missing-texas-student-jasmine-moody

Where is Jasmine Moody? Detroit police working feverishly to figure that out, searching a home on Baldwin Friday, looking for any evidence, any clues.

Sources say several items including phones and computers were taken from this house to be examined. Michigan State Police also there conducting an investigation of their own.

Hmmm.... wonder who's house this is? One of Brittany's friends since Jasmine doesn't really know anyone much in Detroit?

man, I hope she is safe too, but am doubtful after this long. This is horrible and another one of those cases where there is not enough coverage or interest IMO. Young black women just don't get the same coverage grumble grumble... Add in the fact that this woman is probably a lesbian and there's even less coverage.

I hope that you are finding your way back to Texas, Jasmine... but I think we all have a bad feeling.

But also, that article has, so, many, unnecessary, commas - sheesh.

Quoting my own post... sorry.... maybe the bold is referring to Brittany's house, which is on Baldwin St... just seems like the reporter would be more specific if it were the house Jasmine were visiting... Idk.... Bad feeling.

man, I hope she is safe too, but am doubtful after this long. This is horrible and another one of those cases where there is not enough coverage or interest IMO. Young black women just don't get the same coverage grumble grumble... Add in the fact that this woman is probably a lesbian and there's even less coverage.

I hope that you are finding your way back to Texas, Jasmine... but I think we all have a bad feeling.

But also, that article has, so, many, unnecessary, commas - sheesh.

BBM:

You got that right!!

I'm having a bit of trouble sorting out who said and did what, so I've replaced all the words "she" with a name. I hope that I have it correct. The altercation over facebook suggests a possibly abusive relationship. Who on earth monitors their friend's fb? I wonder where Jasmine's laptop is. From the mother's story, it sounds like it should still be in the home.

http://www.fox5storm.com/story/27619...-jasmine-moody

"The night before Jasmine is going to leave, Jasmine and Brittany got into an argument," Sonia said.

A feud, this mother says, over Facebook.

"Brittany was like, 'Who have you been on Facebook with, since you're not doing what you're supposed to,'" Sonia said. " But Jasmine said no, you can't touch my laptop, so (Brittany said) you must be hiding something."

Sonia says Brittany stormed out of the house to blow off some steam and Jasmine soon followed behind with Jasmine's belongings, as if Jasmine were going to leave.

"Jasmine ran out the door and Brittany just happened to still be out here," Sonia said. "So Brittany grabbed Jasmine's clothes from Jasmine and Brittany said where are you going, you're not from here.

"It was bad, it was late at night."

FOX 2 was told told Brittany then went back inside.

"But when Brittany came back out, Jasmine was gone," Sonia said. "We haven't seen Jasmine since."

That was Dec. 4, the last time they say, they saw Jasmine.

So when was she last seen? At 7:30 pm, as in the missing announcement, or "late at night" according to Sonia?

So when was she last seen? At 7:30 pm, as in the missing announcement, or "late at night" according to Sonia?

Good question. Sadly, I also think the relationship sounds abusive. JMO

"Jasmine ran out the door and Brittany just happened to still be out here," Sonia said. "So Brittany grabbed Jasmine's clothes from Jasmine and Brittany said where are you going, you're not from here.

BBM: I guess it's just "all, the, comma's" in this story - but until just now, I read the bolded as "you're not [going] from here" - in an angry voice.... as opposed to it meaning "you're not FROM here" [Detroit]...:thinking: MOO

The young women have fb pages, but I haven't been able to find them ... I mean Jasmine's. Maybe a better sleuth would be more successful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back