French military jet crashes into home for disabled

zwiebel

Reaction score
One person is dead and five injured, one critically, after an Alpha military jet crashed into a home for disabled people near Tours in the Loire valley.

The pilot and trainee pilot headed for a 'dark, uninhabited' area after having problems. They both parachuted to safety and were unharmed. A full investigation has been launched.

http://www.france24.com/en/20141210...ditorial&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter

'The dual-control plane had taken off from Air Base 705, a training centre for elite fighter pilots near the city in west central France, and was being flown by an experienced instructor and a trainee who had planned a night training mission. While flying over Tours to the south of the base, the plane reportedly suffered a technical failure. Anxious to avoid the city, the crew was said to have turned the aircraft around and sought a less built-up place to ditch the plane at around 5.30pm.

About 75 people were at the Bellangerie Medical Home situated in the middle of fields near Vouvray, when the aircraft smashed into two buildings, one of them reportedly the women’s wing. The home was reportedly preparing for the funeral of a resident, who had recently died, planned for Thursday. '

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/11/one-dead-military-aircraft-crashes-care-home-france

Attachments

• Fire-fighters-in-Vouvray--012.jpg
    Fire-fighters-in-Vouvray--012.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 23
It happened Wednesday. I thought in the middle of the night, at first. But at 5.30pm, I'd have thought there would have been lots of lights on in the home. The building has a dark roof though. That wouldn't have helped with a view from the air.

Very sad. I hope all the injured make a good recovery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back