OR - School shooting at Rosemary Anderson High School in Portland

Looks like the article I linked has been updated, and the number of shooting victims is now three. I get the sense from the scanner thread that LE is still locking down the building. Shooter still at large.

(I guess it's kind of sad that I'm all alone in this thread. School shootings and no one even blinks anymore. Not a judgement, I know everyone just gets numb.)

Portland Police @PortlandPolice · 3m 3 minutes ago
#RosemaryAHS This is NOT an active shooter situation. Incident transitioning to investigation phase.
0 replies 27 retweets 1 favorite
Reply Retweet27 Favorite1
More

Two days away from the Sandy Hook anniversary, which also occurred on a Friday.

Crawl on CNN: Rosemary Anderson HS is a non-tuition alternative school (enrollment @160) for at-risk students who have been expelled or dropped out of regular public high school.

Email alert from local (Detroit) TV station:

ClickOnDetroit.com National Breaking News

==============================
National Breaking News
==============================

Reports: At least 2 injured in Portland school shooting

A shooting in Portland, Oregon, on Friday injured at least two people, police
told The Associated Press.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/12/us/portland-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Four people were wounded in a shooting near a high school in Portland, Oregon, police said Friday. A 16-year-old girl is in critical condition, a 17-year-old boy in serious condition and a 20-year-old man is in serious condition. Additionally, a 19-year-old woman suffered a grazing wound in the shooting.

So sad! I hope they all make it.

Families identify 2 victims of shooting near Rosemary Anderson High School in North Portland (live updates)

Portland Police responded to a shooting Friday afternoon near Rosemary Anderson High School in North Portland. At least three people were taken to Legacy Emanuel Health Center.

Police are searching for suspects in the shooting.

The school is at 717 N. Killingsworth Court.

3:52 p.m.: Sgt. Pete Simpson said at a 3:30 p.m. briefing that a dispute led up to Friday's shooting, but it is unknown whether it specifically involved the shooter and the victims is unknown. Simpson said that the shooters may have gang affiliations, but it's unknown whether that had anything to do with the dispute or the shooting, and it doesn't follow that the victims had anything to do with gangs. "They are victims," Simpson said.

Police say they believe there was one shooter accompanied by two others. The suspects fled on foot, Simpson said, heading north on Borthwick and east on Killingsworth. They left the scene quickly and it's unknown whether they had a car nearby. All are at large.

read more ............... http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2014/12/shooting_reported_near_rosemar.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2014/12/killingsworth_shooting_three_s.html

Marquise D'Angelo Murphy, 16, was indicted on 27 charges, including attempted murder with a firearm, first-degree assault, four counts of second-degree assault, three counts of third-degree assault, eight counts of unlawful use of a firearm, and 10 counts of recklessly endangering another person.

Marquel Dugas, 18, was indicted on an additional charge of felon in possession of a firearm. Murphy's older brother, Lonzo D. Murphy, 22, was indicted on three additional charges, including tampering with physical evidence, hindering prosecution and one count of felon in possession of a firearm.

The 16-year-old appeared in juvenile court but will be prosecuted as an adult for the Measure 11 offenses.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/01/killingsworth_shooting_fourth.html

Geno Malique King is the fourth person arrested in connection with the shooting that wounded four students outside the North Portland alternative high school. According to court documents, police and prosecutors say King was helping Marquise D'Angelo Murphy, 16, flee the state by trying to drive him to Las Vegas...

Police had obtained a court order to track Murphy's cellphone that night. Prosecutor Eric Zimmerman said at Murphy's initial court appearance that the car was full of other young men and reeked of marijuana...

Police said they pulled the car over for "various traffic infractions,'' and King was inside. At his feet, police said they discovered a loaded black Ruger 9mm semi-automatic handgun, the affidavit said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back