LHP - Either Or

Rupert

Former Member
Reaction score
In Tricia's thread on FFJ, she provides a copy of LHP's first chapter:
http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3952&page=1&pp=12

LHP states:
"All of those Tom Clancy novels were suddenly flashing through your mind as JonBenet's body lay before you. What would a clever mystery writer have his antagonist do?"

LHP doesn't state whether or not PR is actually into "clever mystery" books or not. She kind of alludes to it. IMO the RN clearly included the mystery/kidnap/movie crime references. If PR was really into that, then I would have had my mind made up long ago. IF LHP was lying about this, it would be misleading and thus very suspect. The RN is key evidence and most agree (even the BPD) that it has those movie references. So, either or, who is being honest and who is familiar with those movie references.

Just like that statement, other key evidence presented by LHP brings us to an either or point: the whittling knife hidden in the cupboard by LHP who let PR know where it was. Apparently no one else knew where it was. IMO it would be a remote possibility that anyone else, including an intruder would happen upon it and then use it. But why would PR risk using it? Perhaps in an extreme state of stress logic would not prevail and it was made use of out of immediate convenience (just like the paint brush garrot). I have not heard PR contest LHP's accusation on this. Either PR or LHP knew where that knife was. Either it was used out of convenience or used to implicate PR.

There are more either or's. The big one is either LHP is telling the truth or by lying becomes very, very suspect. Especially when IMO the book seems ruthless. Either LHP is trying to right justice or telling a lie. Don't discard the text as just an inflated drama to sell a book.

That is funny. I remember when it first appeared. Did you know was written on Darnay Hoffman's computer? Have you ever seen LHP interviewed? I'll bet she doesn't know what a Tom Clancy novel is, let alone used the word 'antagonist.' Read LHP comments about the family before she found out it paid to slam them. She painted a very different picture.

tipper said:
That is funny. I remember when it first appeared. Did you know was written on Darnay Hoffman's computer? Have you ever seen LHP interviewed? I'll bet she doesn't know what a Tom Clancy novel is, let alone used the word 'antagonist.' Read LHP comments about the family before she found out it paid to slam them. She painted a very different picture.

When asked by LE who could have kidnapped JonBenet...Patsy named LHP.

Why would Patsy name LHP? She knew how much Linda adored JonBenet and treated her like her own child. She would make JonBenet's favorite macaroni and cheese whenever she wanted it.

I almost forgot that conversation LHP had with Patsy. Patsy was upset that she was not pleasing John in bed. She asked Linda for advise and most importantly she trusted Linda by even speaking about this subject.

The tabloids and most importantly Darnay Hoffman got to Linda. My belief is that they put all these ideas in her head about naming Patsy as the murderer....telling her that her story is very important to this case.

So....Linda was upset that Patsy named her as suspect so Linda was told by others to name Patsy as suspect.

Under these circumstances they would be crazy to not give her name to the police. If your child was kidnapped for ransom would you hold back the name of someone who fit the profile the police were asking about? Even if you thought the possibility was farfetched?

Three books - three different shadings of the same conversation.
The police are asking about possible people/motives.

DOI p 19 "Linda Arndt asks is there is anybody who might be upset with me - personally or othrwise? Anybody who has threatened me." [He mentions thinking of Jeff Merrick and their falling-out. Also calling Gary Merriman (Human Resources at Access) for names of recently fired employees. All very sensible. Then it goes on...] "The police ask Patsy these same questions about who might have been angry or acting strangely, and she begins to think about our cleaning lady. Linda Hoffmann-Pugh had called Patsy a couple of days before Christmas, very distraught and in tears. Linda said her sister, who is also her landlord, was going to evict her if she didn't come up with past-due rent. She asked Patsy if she could borrow twenty-five hundred dollars to cover it. "

PMPT p11. "Det. Arndt began questioning John Ramsey about whether he could think of anyone who might be involved in the kidnapping. Ramsey gave the names of several ex-employees of his company, Access Graphics. Patsy Ramsey, who was sitting with Rev. Hoverstock in a corner was at times confused and dazed. She mentioned to Arndt that her housekeeper, Linda Hoffmann-Pugh had asked to borrow some money just a few days before. Linda had a key to the house and had major money problems."

ST p26 "When detectives asked the parents who might be responsible for the disappearance of JonBenet, Patsy promptly gave the name of her housekeeper for the past two years.

LHP was going to get 2,500 dollar loan from Patsy....she would not even think to ask for $118,000.

People have suggested that LHP is not too bright....but bright enough to stage a kidnapping?

Toltec said:
LHP was going to get 2,500 dollar loan from Patsy....she would not even think to ask for $118,000.

People have suggested that LHP is not too bright....but bright enough to stage a kidnapping?
Oh I don't think LHP was involved directly or wittingly. However, I would like to know how deeply they investigated other family members and friends.

tipper said:
Apparently, the Tom Clancy novel was one of the books recorded by BPD on the bookcase. There wasn't much else there except the "Mindhunter" (and I recall somewhere that that was debatable). Mindhunter might have suggested some connection to crime mysteries, but there just wasn't anything else at all to indicate an obsession with kidnap/crime movies. Bottom line: LHP on Tom Clancy is irrelevant I guess.

As to the loan, obviously LHP had stresses that PR did not have. Just think, you NEED to borrow (and pay back) $2500 from your employer who just got a bonus. You need to loan the money to pay previous rent so as not to get evicted. You will owe it now to someone who not only has a bonus, but also a fabulously rich house which you just helped decorate. And all of this at Christmas. LHP must have had a lot of character to deal with all these things, but others affected by this borrowing might not take it so well.

The sex thing bothered me. Either there was some issues or LHP was lying. Maybe it was on the computer, but LHP was the author. I guess LHP might have just been pushed by a co-writer to be so graphic. Also, LHP might have been angry to be implicated by PR. However, if it was an outright lie, then it reminds me of the tone of the RN.

If there was good evidence of the kidnap/crime movie obsession with either party, then maybe we could get somewhere.

Speaking of lies - Why did LHP lie about saying she didn't know anything about the wine cellar and then say in her "book" she'd been in it to get the Christmas trees out?

Isn't it true that Darnay's wife was a "madam" , wasn't her life about sex? Is it not true,as well, that she was the assigned ghost writer of LHP's book?

LHP wouldn't have killed JB, however, I can't clear her family or those closely associated , because,I believe whoever killed JB seemed to have the inside info only LHP could provide.

tipper said:
Sydney Biddle Barrows, the Mayflower Madam, is Darnay's wife.
And Darnay Hoffman new alot about Hauptmann in the Lindbergh Kidnapping. Funny, same name as in Hoffman-Pugh.

Rupert, in one of your other threads, someone asked if you have a source regarding FW's visitor resembling JAR. Maybe your source was the party picture? Anyone still have a link to that? But FW's guests were all at his house when the R's got there Christmas Day, correct? Might there be another JAR lookalike? Don't know if I'll ever get an answer to that.

The two guys from California were the boyfriend and husband of a couple of Priscilla's relatives. But I do think it's interesting that they reportedly belonged to a Kali group. Someone said she was supposed to be a "goddess of death", I just remember reading, no source right now.

In one of the other threads someone also asked if Barnhill was especially religious because they said he was the one that brought up Psalm 118. I'd always thought that was Father Rol, and that it might be unusual for even a clergyman to think of such an obscure Psalm.

Eagle1 said: "Rupert, in one of your other threads, someone asked if you have a source regarding FW's visitor resembling JAR. Maybe your source was the party picture? Anyone still have a link to that?"

Eagle1,
Basically I was referring back to a previous thread. That's the only source I had. I will try to look it up again.

Eagle1 said: "Might there be another JAR lookalike? Don't know if I'll ever get an answer to that."

Eagle1, could be or maybe Camper really has something there.

Eagle1 said: "The two guys from California were the boyfriend and husband of a couple of Priscilla's relatives. But I do think it's interesting that they reportedly belonged to a Kali group. Someone said she was supposed to be a "goddess of death", I just remember reading, no source right now."

Eagle1,
Witches, Wicca and Pagan. I looked at this along time ago connecting pagan Dec 26 to JonBenet:
http://www.allaboutturkey.com/gods4.htm+hades&hl=en
Hades wife, and queen of the underworld, was Persephone daughter of Zeus and Demeter. Persephone did not marry Hades willingly, but was abducted by him, because she ate a pomegranate seed while she was in the underworld even Zeus was powerless to get her out of there when Demeter told him what had happened. Eventually a deal was worked out, Persephone would spend half the year with her mother and the other half with Hades in the underworld. The Greeks believed that while Persephone was with Hades her mother, Demeter, missed her so much that she withdrew her gifts from the world and winter came.

I thought about pineapple in lieu of pomegranate. Hades carried Persephone down the spiral staircase to death. I guess you can find mysterious coincidences anywhere.

Eagle1 said: "In one of the other threads someone also asked if Barnhill was especially religious because they said he was the one that brought up Psalm 118. I'd always thought that was Father Rol, and that it might be unusual for even a clergyman to think of such an obscure Psalm."

Eagle1,
It would be interesting if it was Barnhill that did indeed bring up 118. I just thought it was the BPD and Foster.

Again, I will say this: Bill Cox remarked that Nick of Time was on TV at the Whites that night. Seriously, if you watch Nick of Time, you will see the alarm clock just strike 1:18 as the victim wakes up to prevent her murder. Maybe the message was that the victim would not wake up.

I edited with quotes and got messed up. Rupert

tipper said:

Darney Hoffman is a money hungry creep..

SisterSocks said:
I agree but at one point all the anti-Ramsey people thought he was God Almighty. Just like they thought Jann Scott was wonderful. My faith in their ability to judge people is somewhat less than solid.

tipper said:
I agree but at one point all the anti-Ramsey people thought he was God Almighty. Just like they thought Jann Scott was wonderful. My faith in their ability to judge people is somewhat less than solid.
ALL the anti-Ramsey people? That's rather a sweeping statement and I have quite a different recollection. I recall a mixed reaction from both sides! In fact, I have some threads saved which would back me up!

SisterSocks said:
Well if he supplied jameson with the tapes she SOLD to the tabloids for $40,000, he can't have been all that money hungry.

Now jameson is money hungry.

Jayelles said:
ALL the anti-Ramsey people? That's rather a sweeping statement and I have quite a different recollection. I recall a mixed reaction from both sides! In fact, I have some threads saved which would back me up!
Alright, many of the anti-Ramsey people.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back