Identified! NC - Cleveland Co., Skeletal remains in woods, Dec'14 - James Elkins

The location is about midway between Shelby (pop. 20K) and Kings Mountain (pop. 10K), and about 20 miles outside Gastonia (pop. around 75K). The area is apparently considered a suburb of Charlotte, despite being 40 miles away.

It's also not far off I-85, though it looks like an unlikely place for somebody to find by accident.

carbuff, no they haven't but i know a couple friends of her's and i automatically think of her when a body is found.

Cleveland County is just next to where I live in Gaston County, and for locals here it seems strange to see suburb of Charlotte for location. We're a world apart from Charlotte.

I would love for this to be Jamie Fraley to finally give her mother some peace and maybe some answers. Or Asha Degree, another well known missing person in this area. She was just 9 years old when she disappeared so I would imagine even with bones you could tell if the remains are from a child or adult.

There is another missing woman from Lincoln Co (which also borders Lincoln County). Toasha Nicole Rice who went missing on May 26, 2014. Would she be in the skeletal stages in 7 months.

All JMO

Is this area in the mountains? If so, I can see them missing the remains. They found a skeletal body, five minutes from my house a couple of years ago, close to a well traveled ATV road. I never smelled it, or seen it, and I traveled that road at least twice a week by ATV. Weird, I know...

ETA, they identified that guy fairly quickly though. Drugs were involved, and he was from Tennessee.

Is this area in the mountains? If so, I can see them missing the remains. They found a skeletal body, five minutes from my house a couple of years ago, close to a well traveled ATV road. I never smelled it, or seen it, and I traveled that road at least twice a week by ATV. Weird, I know...

ETA, they identified that guy fairly quickly though. Drugs were involved, and he was from Tennessee.

It's not in the mountains but there is a good bit of wooded land around there.

Cleveland County is just next to where I live in Gaston County, and for locals here it seems strange to see suburb of Charlotte for location. We're a world apart from Charlotte.

I would love for this to be Jamie Fraley to finally give her mother some peace and maybe some answers. Or Asha Degree, another well known missing person in this area. She was just 9 years old when she disappeared so I would imagine even with bones you could tell if the remains are from a child or adult.

There is another missing woman from Lincoln Co (which also borders Lincoln County). Toasha Nicole Rice who went missing on May 26, 2014. Would she be in the skeletal stages in 7 months.

All JMO

I didn't think it looked like it was anything to do with Charlotte, but apparently the Census Bureau doesn't know that :D

Heather Elvis??? How close to Myrtle Beach?

It's about 225 miles, depending on the route: https://goo.gl/maps/QtXD6

There are a number of other people missing in closer areas as well.

There is actually another lady that went missing from Gastonia around the time Jamie Fraley did but I cannot for the life of me remember her name. She was last seen at a bar on Hwy 29/74 on a Sat night I believe. She was in a friends borrowed BMW and the car was found the next day but no trace of her. I don't believe the cases were related in any way though. Maybe one of our WS members can remember the case I'm talking about.

There is actually another lady that went missing from Gastonia around the time Jamie Fraley did but I cannot for the life of me remember her name. She was last seen at a bar on Hwy 29/74 on a Sat night I believe. She was in a friends borrowed BMW and the car was found the next day but no trace of her. I don't believe the cases were related in any way though. Maybe one of our WS members can remember the case I'm talking about.

Jennifer Rivkin? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rivkin_jennifer.html

Yes, that's the one. Thank you carbuff my poor OLD brain just couldn't pull it out. She didn't get the coverage that Jamie Fraley did and occasionally does now. Her mother will call reporters and ask them to do follow up stories. Jennifer Rivkin was also a very attractive lady just like Jamie. Oh in a perfect world all of the missing victims would be found and returned to their families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back