GUILTY WY - Lisa Kimmell, 18, Douglas, 25 March 1988

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The flames started to subside, and Sheila Kimmell walked toward a fire truck to remove the protective yellow suit she had borrowed. She stopped to exchange a hug with Grayce Keller, who with her husband is one of Moneta's only remaining residents.

"You don't have to look at it anymore, Mayor Grayce," Kimmell said.

"That's a good thing," Keller replied.

The derelict trailer and barn stood next to where the car of 18-year-old Lisa Marie Kimmell was unearthed nearly three years ago. On Monday -- what would have been the younger Kimmell's 36th birthday -- family, friends and a host of others watched the buildings burn to the ground.
http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/2005/07/19/news/771133d85a917f1f87257043000aa164.txt

The link doesnt go anywhere for me. This sounds very interesting! could you post more of the article or direct me on how to read it.

Thanx!

Boilly said:
butterflyflty.jpg

Thank you so much for finding that. I am interested in how people find ways to cope after a tragedy and what helps them to find closure. Even though Lisa Kimmell hadn't been posted on the board before, I thought that this was worth posting. Then when I went back to the casperstar I couldn't find the article. So thank you so much for finding that!

thank you both for the links. I would like to read this book. Very sad, am glad they found who did it and he will pay.

There is a newer episode of cold case files that features her story on it. It is such a sad story.

http://kdvr.com/2014/11/21/infmaous-killer-of-co-woman-has-death-sentence-vacated-debate-rages-on/

Lisa Marie Kimmell was on her way from Denver to Cody, Wyo. to visit her boyfriend on the day she disappeared.

The 18-year-old’s body was discovered floating in the North Platte River about a week later. Her killer remained at large for 10 years, the cold case gaining infamy as the so-called Lil’ Miss murder, so dubbed because “Lil Miss” was inscribed on the vanity license plate affixed to Kimmell’s missing vehicle.

This week, that killer, Dale Wayne Eaton, who eventually admitted to brutally raping and murdering Kimmell and was sentenced to death by a jury, had his capital punishment rescinded by a writ of habeas corpus.

http://www.ktvq.com/news/wyoming-pr...nvicted-murderer-dale-eaton-returns-to-court/

After 25 years of bringing Dale Eaton's case from a cold case, to trial, and then to a death sentence, Natrona County District Attorney Michael Blonigen was not surprised by having to do it over again...

It will take even more time before the case is in a courtroom again. With the case still in the federal system, it could possibly be the end of 2015 or into 2016 before Eaton will appear in court for a sentencing hearing...

In Fremont County, local law enforcement have named Eaton as a suspect in the mid-1990s disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel.

On 10 August 2016, Eaton filed an appeal before the US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back