Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will happen today? :thinking: With this trial, one never knows. I do hope JSS gets on the bench and tells the defense that their motion has been denied.

Will they try and call a witness today? If I were on the jury I'd find it mighty suspicious that the defense has only presented 2 witnesses, with one incomplete.

Good morning all.

The jury should have gotten the case this week. I'm not even sure we've reached the halfway mark. This is the most frustrating and stress-inducing trial I've ever followed. Prayers and hugs for all concerned. And a big thank you to our 'tweeting' members.

I read BK notes on Taylor Searle. It sounds like he won't be able to say whether or not the computer he worked on was the computer now in dispute. But, his testimony will make several important points.

1.He will make clear that Travis did not want *advertiser censored* on his computer. Taylor should also be able to say what Travis told him about how the *advertiser censored* got there.

2. By inference,how closeted and secretive could Travis have been about what was on his computer if he hired a Mormon friend to look at everything that was there?

I think that JM may have known all along about the *advertiser censored* angle and that's why he's had Taylor on his witness list from the beginning.

I'd like to think that this was a JM trap, and that by the DT introducing the *advertiser censored* CMJA is revealed once again for the vile and unremorseful convicted murderer that she is. And just as important, that by demolishing the slimy pedo lie once and for all, Travis's name is cleared once and for all.

Good morning all. I wonder if today will be another *advertiser censored* day?? At work but will be checking in for updates. Praying that the jury can see through all this garbage.

And about Taylor. He approached BK. He knows he's on the witness list, and I very much doubt he would do anything to jeopardize this trial. I imagine then he had JM's permission to reveal what he did. I can only guess why that might be.

After all these weeks of secret testimony, hidden (but not really there) *advertiser censored*, and no proof of the DT claims that *advertiser censored* or prosecutorial misconduct are "mitigation factors" for Miss Jodi - it is time to move on. The DT had every opportunity to bring forth their "proof" and it still isn't there. If "reverse engineering" still didn't prove the *advertiser censored* was on TA's computer, and all the DT tactics to hide behind the curtain of secrecy, giving wrong HD's, unavailablity for court, and still didn't provide any evidence of anything . . . . it is time to move on.

Day 15 of the never ending trial ! :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster: :rollercoaster:

:seeya: morning all!

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Just saw the title of this thread: Day 15 ... very sad and pathetic, especially for the Alexander Family !

:thinking: Anyway, what will happen today ?

- Will trial continue today thru Thursday ?

- Who will be the defense's next witness ?

- Will Nurmi file another frivolous motion -- or a motion for mistrial -- or motion to remove the DP ?

- Will we have a decision from JSS on the "prosecutorial misconduct" motion -- which really should be the "defense misconduct motion" ?

- Will the COA issue its written decision on the "secret testimony witness" - closed courtroom ?

Anything else ?

:moo:

After all these weeks of secret testimony, hidden (but not really there) *advertiser censored*, and no proof of the DT claims that *advertiser censored* or prosecutorial misconduct are "mitigation factors" for Miss Jodi - it is time to move on. The DT had every opportunity to bring forth their "proof" and it still isn't there. If "reverse engineering" still didn't prove the *advertiser censored* was on TA's computer, and all the DT tactics to hide behind the curtain of secrecy, giving wrong HD's, unavailablity for court, and still didn't provide any evidence of anything . . . . it is time to move on.

You would think, eh? hopefully JSS does too.

I can't believe JSS will allow any more delay to establish whether or not adult *advertiser censored* was on his computer in any fashion. It would seem that only the presence of child *advertiser censored* could be remotely relevant.

I'd like to believe that she was dismayed enough by BN's shenanigans to disallow any *advertiser censored* in and to just move on. Or, at least, that she knows the pedo is all a lie and that viruses explain any description of a link to kiddie *advertiser censored* that could conceivably be found on the HD, no matter how many weeks delay the DT asks for to hunt it down.

JSS must care about the possibility of a mistrial due to juror attrition. If for no other reason than that, I'm ever so slightly hopeful that she will allow the trial to go forward today, at least in theory, since I have little doubt that however she rules, the DT won't be able to produce a witness for today.

I believe Day 15 is correct?

:desert:

:seeya: Correct, Lamby !

:thinking: But IF this court would have kept a normal schedule, we should be at appx Day 30 -- or maybe even have decision by now !

:gaah:

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Just saw the title of this thread: Day 15 ... very sad and pathetic, especially for the Alexander Family !

:thinking: Anyway, what will happen today ?

- Will trial continue today thru Thursday ?

- Who will be the defense's next witness ?

- Will Nurmi file another frivolous motion -- or a motion for mistrial -- or motion to remove the DP ?

- Will we have a decision from JSS on the "prosecutorial misconduct" motion -- which really should be the "defense misconduct motion" ?

- Will the COA issue its written decision on the "secret testimony witness" - closed courtroom ?

Anything else ?

:moo:

My best guess - no to each question. Nurmi can stall by waiting for the COA ruling and then appealing that decision - no need to tax himself with writing briefs and actual lawyering to stall the trial until he has to. And we have seen the Judge allow him to ignore her "we won't stop for this" order/suggestion/wishful thinking.

My best guess - no to each question. Nurmi can stall by waiting for the COA ruling and then appealing that decision - no need to tax himself with writing briefs and actual lawyering to stall the trial until he has to. And we have seen the Judge allow him to ignore her "we won't stop for this" order/suggestion/wishful thinking.

:seeya:

:ditto::ditto::ditto: I think you are correct !

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2h 2 hours ago

More #JodiArias excitement to come today!

Trial resumes at 9:30am MT. hWartch this spaceular region.

Good morning all.

I wonder if today will be another *advertiser censored* day??

At work but will be checking in for updates. Praying that the jury can see through all this garbage.

BBM: A day without *advertiser censored* would be like a day without sunshine for CMJA and her DT !

:gaah:

You would think, eh? hopefully JSS does too.

I can't believe JSS will allow any more delay to establish whether or not adult *advertiser censored* was on his computer in any fashion. It would seem that only the presence of child *advertiser censored* could be remotely relevant.

I'd like to believe that she was dismayed enough by BN's shenanigans to disallow any *advertiser censored* in and to just move on. Or, at least, that she knows the pedo is all a lie and that viruses explain any description of a link to kiddie *advertiser censored* that could conceivably be found on the HD, no matter how many weeks delay the DT asks for to hunt it down.

JSS must care about the possibility of a mistrial due to juror attrition. If for no other reason than that, I'm ever so slightly hopeful that she will allow the trial to go forward today, at least in theory, since I have little doubt that however she rules, the DT won't be able to produce a witness for today.

How could this trial move forward today if the DT is unable to produce a witness? I would like to know what possible options there are for JSS if DT says they have a witness but cannot put them on the stand at this time. If JSS grants a delay likely the DT will return another day with the same claim. Could judge force things to move on today and if so, how would she have to word such a ruling?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2h 2 hours ago

More #JodiArias excitement to come today!

Trial resumes at 9:30am MT. hWartch this spaceular region.

I don't know about excitement, Wild - it's more like embarrassment and revulsion, but thanks to dgc etc. I'm still here, reading your tweets.

'Morning everyone. :)

I want to see renewed vigor in JSS' earnestness to get this trial moving toward its close. She is charged with seeing to it that JA gets a fair trial, not entertain every whim of the defense to delay and disrupt the retrial of the penalty phase (not the guilt phase Nurm, in case you need reminding). Let's get this show on the road and bring it to a conclusion, it's riding off the rails and she needs to get it back on track, this morning. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni