KY - Barry Shutt for rape of 12yo girl, Louisville, Aug 2004

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
An Alabama man once charged with raping and sodomizing a 12-year-old Louisville girl was sentenced to five years behind bars on lesser charges.

In May, Barry Shutt agreed to a plea deal with prosecutors, but the agreement later was amended once the alleged victim's own words cast doubt on the case.

"There was some evidence, I believe, that would have come in at the trial that really casts her in a negative light," prosecutor Christie Floyd said.

As part of the plea agreement, Shutt agreed to serve the full five-year sentence on the tampering charge. He will not ask for shock probation, Miller reported. In return, Shutt will not have to register as a sex offender when he returns to Alabama.
http://www.thelouisvillechannel.com/news/4741433/detail.html

I don't understand this one bit. Even if the 12 year old girl presented herself as older on the internet, surely a 45 year old man would have realized upon meeting her that she was not an adult. Either way, it didn't give him the right to rape and sodomize anyone, regardless of their age.

Mabel said:
I don't understand this one bit. Even if the 12 year old girl presented herself as older on the internet, surely a 45 year old man would have realized upon meeting her that she was not an adult. Either way, it didn't give him the right to rape and sodomize anyone, regardless of their age.

Surely he could see that she was underage. I agree with you. He should not have gotten off this easy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back