CA - Computer models favor '62 Alcatraz trio's escape bid

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Daily Mail:

Escape from Alcatraz: Researchers reveal how 1962 escapees presumed dead could have made it to freedom

⁍ It all depends on the time Clarence & John Anglin and Frank Morris set sail in their makeshift dingy made of raincoats that June night
⁍ Had they put in between 11pm and midnight--and paddled hard--a Dutch team's computer models reveal they would have made it safely to land
⁍ Any other time and the daring trio would have wound up dead in the frigid Pacific or somewhere in the San Francisco Bay

Daily Record:

Three escaped Alcatraz convicts who fled infamous island prison in 1962 may still be alive in their 80s

the story and pictures at the links

[video=youtu;NmPVSiSY1-E]http://youtu.be/NmPVSiSY1-E[/video]

Thanks for this wfgodot, I've just spent half an hour reading about Alcatraz - something I didn't know much about before.

I'd like to think these men DID escape as they were ingenious in their plan, but I'd really love to find out for sure what happened next!

Thanks for this wfgodot, I've just spent half an hour reading about Alcatraz - something I didn't know much about before.

I'd like to think these men DID escape as they were ingenious in their plan, but I'd really love to find out for sure what happened next!

Still think they got eaten by sharks. I've been there a couple of times, most recently last April at night.

(Highly recommend the movie- Escape from Alcatraz- if you haven't seen it yet).

I hope they did survive! I've always thought the odds seemed against them, given currents and water temps and sharks.

That they never "surfaced" has never been proof that they died, though. Their escape plan was brilliant and determined, and I've always hoped they just had the good sense to go underground and stay there.

(Yah, I'm cheering for the bad guys on this one).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back