TX - Waco TV meteorologist shot in station parking lot

SurfieTX

Reaction score
Patrick Crawford suffered multiple gunshot wounds

WACO, Texas - A Waco TV meteorologist was shot multiple times in the parking lot of the station early Wednesday morning.

According to KCENTV.com, Patrick Crawford exchanged words with someone before the gunman pulled shot the meteorologist with a semi-automatic handgun.

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksa...eteorologist-shot-in-station-parking-lot.html

Doctors told Crawford's friends at the hospital that he is "very lucky" and is expected to survive.

A manhunt is underway for the suspect, described as a white male, 30 to 35 years old, wearing a black hoodie and dark jeans. He has a receding hairline.

KCEN employees were gathered in an office while police and K-9 teams searched inside the station. The station remains on lockdown and employees have been told not to leave the building.

The parking lot is blocked with crime scene tape and police are patrolling outside with assault rifles.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crime/2014/12/17/shots-fired-outside-waco-tv-station/20536227/

Photos of the tv station look like there's nothing else around it, so I wouldn't think this would be a random crime.

And if the victim doesn't recognize the perp, that rules out most people having a grudge against him doing the shooting. I don't think it's very likely, but it could be some crazy who blames the meterologist for some real or perceived thing he said on tv.

Which leads me to murder for hire by someone who had a grudge against him, someone who would benefit financially, or someone who wanted him out of the way for some reason (wanted his spot as the meteorologist, wanted his wife, ????)

'He's my hero': Wife of shot weatherman tells how his quick-thinking saved his life as mystery gunman pumped him full of bullets outside TV station

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ag-help-saved-life-manhunt.html#ixzz3MJD3hgst
Excellent article with great photos of the area where he was shot. With those injuries it is a miracle he was able to get out of there for help.

Prayers for Patrick's recovery and that the perpetrator is apprehended soon.

:praying:

Sounds like a hit to me. Who wants Patrick dead?

(interesting piece Blondie, but my guess is that it shouldn't be here - it's not at all MSM.) That said, I was waiting for SOMEONE to cast doubt on the story as initially reported. There is definitely more here IMO.

Oops, thanks for the heads up Azpistonsgirl....it's too late for me to edit my post number 15 so I'll alert this one to have it removed.

if anyone wants to read the article they can google "Patrick Crawford anomalies" and it comes right up.

I wonder what the deal is with this whole incident......weird I tell Ya!

During college I was acquainted with the local weather girl, who was an old friend of a classmate of mine. She was tall and striking, and whenever we went out in a group with her, it was a given that the guy at the door would wave us all in, letting us skip the line and the cover charge. We would frequently have drinks sent over by men in the bars, and restaurant owners would visit our table bearing complimentary appetizers, or desserts, or a round of drinks on the house.

She was a big fish in a small town pond, and everybody knew her. Accordingly, there were a lot of perks to the job.

On the flip side, she had all types of nut jobs who would call the station while she was live on the air, criticizing her hair style or jewelry, demanding that she call them back during her commercial break. She got strange mail at the station, and at home, and packages of gifts, cookies and candy (never eaten.....).

My Point: The file folder of local nut jobs who are "over involved" with the local news team needs to be studied closely. Every town has them, I'm sure, but they probably have evolved from calling incessantly to posting on message boards or twitter.

The details of this story do seem strange, though. I will be interested to see how things turn out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back