Fantastic new article from Alan Predergast of Westwood One

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This new article is from Alan Prendergast, one of my favorite reporters.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2014/12/jonbenet_ramsey_investigation_fleet_white.php

The Whites and Prendergast will be on Peter Boyles tomorrow 7-9 am, 710 KNUS.

Some additional posts about the Ramsey Internet subculture and DNA are going up on Thursday and Friday.

Please spread the word.

Tricia,
"You're going to sound like O.J.," Priscilla said.
LOL. At least OJ went to trial and we all heard the evidence! I'm looking forward to what FW has to say especially regarding his first look into the wine-cellar, then his second and why he felt it necessary to return for a third look?

Does anyone know what the status of forensic evidence cages are in the USofA, once a case moves beyond cold case status, since if they delete all the emails and phone call records, just what could happen to the evidence cage?

Hopefully, there is way to replay the interview later on. I missed most of it, and I am very interested!

Hopefully, there is way to replay the interview later on. I missed most of it, and I am very interested!

Hopefully someone recorded it. Radio station feeds are blocked here at work. That was a fantastic article though. Really gives some insight as to what the Ramseys were like back then. Especially the part about Fleet wanting LE to publicly stop the speculation about JAR, as he wasn't even in Boulder. The Ramesy's own attorney calls him and tells him to keep his nose out of it. If the Ramsey's were willing to throw their own son under the bus, what else were they capable of???

Sickening!

Interesting show. Loved at the end when Peter asked FW his thoughts about what happened that night and he said "read Kolar's book.

Interesting show. Loved at the end when Peter asked FW his thoughts about what happened that night and he said "read Kolar's book.

Isn't it a shame that everyone ever involved in this case whether be a witness, a detective, a reporter etc, just wants to make money one way or another, can't the truth/answers be told without it being dependant a book being bought?

Isn't it a shame that everyone ever involved in this case whether be a witness, a detective, a reporter etc, just wants to make money one way or another, can't the truth/answers be told without it being dependant a book being bought?

Kolar wasnt looking to make money off his book imo. He wanted the truth out there without actually coming out and saying it. Isnt it a shame a 6 year old girl was assualted, bashed in the head, and strangled on christmas night.

For the record, James Kolar used his own money, even dipping into his retirement funds to publish his book, and IF he manages to recoup that money, he will donate any and all profits to The Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

It is an interesting artiicle, but I find that I have tired of Fleet White's histrionics. Either come out and clearly tell us your theory or just shut up.

I know he's a popular guy in the RDI crowd and I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for years. But, frankly, he does come across as a malcontent, still whining over the way he was treated. A little girl is dead. Yes, some nutjob made false accusations against you. Yes, some people tried to throw shade at you and even imply that you had culpability in the murder. That is awful, but move on. A little girl is still dead.

There is no way on God's green earth that Fleet White doesn't have an opinion of exactly what happened. He can certainly add all the caveat's he wants to clarify that it is an opinion only.

Put up or shut up has become my view of Mr. White. And shut up works just fine.

It is an interesting artiicle, but I find that I have tired of Fleet White's histrionics. Either come out and clearly tell us your theory or just shut up.

I know he's a popular guy in the RDI crowd and I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for years. But, frankly, he does come across as a malcontent, still whining over the way he was treated. A little girl is dead. Yes, some nutjob made false accusations against you. Yes, some people tried to throw shade at you and even imply that you had culpability in the murder. That is awful, but move on. A little girl is still dead.

There is no way on God's green earth that Fleet White doesn't have an opinion of exactly what happened. He can certainly add all the caveat's he wants to clarify that it is an opinion only.

Put up or shut up has become my view of Mr. White. And shut up works just fine.

You do not stand alone in these thoughts re: FW

I learned absolutely nothing new in the broadcast nor in the westword blog. I wondered if JR listened to the discussion on the radio podcast. He had nothing to fear from the White's interview after all.

moo

elannia,
BBM: Thats pretty cryptic, since Kolar only hints at the prime suspect. Yet FW saw more than most, he also knows more about the R's than most, so is he backing Kolar's view that JonBenet wnet from the breakfast bar down to the basement?

Lets hope Tricia does an interview with him and asks him to review his steps that morning, so he tells us what he saw?

FW will be wary of Lin Wood and his litigation procedures, so maybe he cannot say stuff directly and requires indirect references and questions?

elannia,
BBM: Thats pretty cryptic, since Kolar only hints at the prime suspect. Yet FW saw more than most, he also knows more about the R's than most, so is he backing Kolar's view that JonBenet wnet from the breakfast bar down to the basement?

Lets hope Tricia does an interview with him and asks him to review his steps that morning, so he tells us what he saw?

FW will be wary of Lin Wood and his litigation procedures, so maybe he cannot say stuff directly and requires indirect references and questions?

Kolar makes it quite clear who his prime suspect is, but FW did not even begin to hint at, let alone deliver a cryptic message about, who he believes the perpetrator is. It was Alan Prendergast that made the plug for Kolar's book.

What FW and Priscilla did make clear was the interchange between them and the R's immediately following JB'S funeral was to encourage them to return to Boulder to talk to police since both JR and PR were telling them they were not going back, even though JR said he knew they should. Also Priscilla made it clear that PR was very heavily medicated at that time, but was standing firm on not returning to Boulder. This fits with JR's later comments either thru an interview or one of his books (sorry, brain fade) that he and FW did not have a big showdown, as it was printed somewhere. Rather it seems it was a serious discussion between best friends with them not coming to full agreement.

Thought it interesting that FW takes no responsibility for the CNN interview and instead suggests Westmoreland might have had a hand in that. It took someone with a good deal of networking capability to get the necessary strings pulled, that's for sure and it's clear PR wouldn't have had the mental capacity at that time due to the medicating that was involved.

Kolar makes it quite clear who his prime suspect is, but FW did not even begin to hint at, let alone deliver a cryptic message about, who he believes the perpetrator is. It was Alan Prendergast that made the plug for Kolar's book.

Mama2JML,
Very good point, well made. So what is FW doing public interviews for? Whats going on here, is it therapy for the White's or what?

FW must have an agenda, right? So having lost in the court is he turning to the media to pursue JR? That how I read it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back