Hot Case 1117

No Image Available
Unidentified Black Female

The victim was discovered on April 18, 1990 in Miami-Dade County, Florida
State of Remains: Recognizable Face
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 0-5 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: under 4'
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair, short, wavy; brown eyes.
Clothing: Wrapped in a hospital gown and towel.
Case History

This unidentified child was located wrapped in a hospital gown and towel in a parking lot at 14025 NW 27th Avenue in Miami-Dade County Florida on April 18, 1990.
Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Bruce Hyma
Miami-Dade Medical Examiner Department
305-545-2425
Email

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
1990-01128

NCIC Number:
U-460286347
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

FLUIDDB
Namus

Ugh...this breaks my heart...she was found under some boxes and other trash :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh all this time and so little attention. Who are you, angel?

Namus now says 0-12 months (not 0-5 years as previously) with the Nickname listed as "Stillbirth". I'm not sure about FL laws but wouldn't the child still be entitled to a name and a proper burial if stillborn?

:(0 Missing Person Exclusions” per NamUs

I’m going to believe she was given a decent, at least, burial. Too heartbreaking to imagine otherwise. I know it’s probably unlikely that someone will come forward admitting this was her child.

Maybe she delivered at home but had to seek medical care afterward. The gown could have been hers and she used it upon leaving the hospital. But to discard her child like garbage? Maybe a young mother who, for whatever reason, didn’t think she had any other choice. Tragic.

I came upon this case and will be following, although doubtful it's going to be pursued by LE after so long.

Not sure what to make of the hospital gown.
I hope she wasn't a baby born "sleeping" and later left there by hospital staff.
I hope she wasn't a newborn taken from the hospital by a relative and left there.

I came upon this case and will be following, although doubtful it's going to be pursued by LE after so long.

Not sure what to make of the hospital gown.
I hope she wasn't a baby born "sleeping" and later left there by hospital staff.
I hope she wasn't a newborn taken from the hospital by a relative and left there.
She was stillborn according to the link above.

It says: "Circumstances of Recovery: the deceased was discovered under some boxes."

Ok but where were the boxes? Very incomplete listing.
I think they were behind the plaza at the given address (on the DoeNetwork page linked below). However, in 1990, it may not have been the current businesses.

14025 NW 27th Avenue in Miami-Dade County Florida

1708623942323.png

Oh my gosh all this time and so little attention. Who are you, angel?

Namus now says 0-12 months (not 0-5 years as previously) with the Nickname listed as "Stillbirth". I'm not sure about FL laws but wouldn't the child still be entitled to a name and a proper burial if stillborn?
A stillbirth won't be given an official legal name - a child has to be born live to get a birth certificate - but of course parents can name their stillborn child informally if they wish. All stillbirths are entitled to be buried properly (although some faiths require the unbaptized - miscarriages, stillbirths, babies who die before baptism - to be buried in unconsecrated but still respectfully situated ground).

I have to wonder if this was someone told that she HAD to pay $$$$$$$ through the nose for a funeral and just...took another option. Certainly shady funeral homes have been known to coerce money out of grieving loved ones for funerals they can't afford.

Would a hospital just release a stillborn baby's body to the mother, or would the baby be sent off for autopsy/cremation/burial? It seems strange to me that they would just give the baby's body to the mother like that without any official arrangements.
I deal with fetal remains in my line of work, and usually stillborn fetuses are listed under the mother's name and medical ID. Very rarely they'll get their own medical ID and their first name is listed as boy/girl/baby with the mother's last name. We only receive very small tissue samples for the type of testing we do- To my knowledge the whole fetus goes straight to pathology, and is then (usually) cremated and returned to the family. Then again, we only deal with fetuses with known or suspected anomalies.

Rambling aside: I'm skeptical that she was born in a hospital. It's more likely that the mother had the gown from previous medical care. There's clearly a lot more to this story and I don't know enough to judge the mother at this point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back