Is there any chance?

armywife210

Reaction score
Is there anyone here that thinks that Darlie is innocent? Or thinks that there might be a tiny shred of possibility that she is innocent? Don't rip me apart limb by limb, but I'm curious as to what y'all think.

armywife210 said:
Is there anyone here that thinks that Darlie is innocent? Or thinks that there might be a tiny shred of possibility that she is innocent? Don't rip me apart limb by limb, but I'm curious as to what y'all think.

speaking strictly for myself, no I think Darlie is guilty. No, no tiny shred of possibility that she might be innocent.

armywife210 said:
No, I have pretty much picked this case apart and I don't see anyway she could be innocent. Even if Darin was in on it with her, it is pretty certain that Darlie handled the knife. The only mystery here is why and how the chain of events began, what triggered then to occur on the night they did.

armywife210 said:

None. However, I would like to welcome you to Websleuths and to tell you that any questions you have and any opinions would be welcome, regardless of which side of the fence you're on with regard to Darlie's guilt.

Does anyone else think that they are in this together? I think that Darin is covering for Darlie or was a participant. Either way.....it makes him as guilty as Darlie IMO.

Code:
[QUOTE=deandaniellws]Does anyone else think that they are in this together? I think that Darin is covering for Darlie or was a participant. Either way.....it makes him as guilty as Darlie IMO.[/QUOTE]

I think that if she did it, yes Darin had involvement. He had to be. And you are right to say that if he knew about it and covered up for her, helped stage, or anything else he is as guilty as she is. Wrong is wrong, no matter how much involvement he had. There is no gray area, IMO, of amount of involvement and guilt.
However, for some reason I have a really hard time with this case. I have been following it since the day it hit the news. I have read everything I can find on it, and really studied it, and I don't think she did it. I have taken many MANY college courses on criminal psychology and profiling (haven't gotten my degree in it yet because I think it's more important for me to be available for my kids right now).
I think she should be retried. If she were retried and found guilty again, I could accept that and admit loudly that I was wrong. However, even the court transcripts make it hard for her to appeal fairly because they contain so many errors that change the light of entire statements during the trial. So I say before you send people to death, atleast go the extra mile and make dang sure they got a fair shake.
I feel for those boys every day. I know they are with God in a better place, but life on Earth was stolen from them. I am not forgetting them. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about them, honestly.
But Texas is America... and America, by definition, is fair.
Well anyway, my view only.... try not to be too painful on me. I left a message on the Jonbenet Ramsey and almost got my head bit off because I asked about whether or not the bedwetting and infections were a recent developement. :)

I think a lot like you Armywife. No...I am not a head biter! :D Things about this trial bug me too. Sam Houston State University is a super criminal college. Not to mention the prison there is huge!!! My son attends college there. What speciality are you going to major in? I do understand about the kiddo thing also. It took me FOREVER to get my masters. The diapers got in the way! ;)

Here in Australia we have a new cable channel called Crime & Investigation and an hour ago I flipped it on and was greeted with a show called Crime & Punishment that was featuring this case.

I only started reading up on this case a couple of weeks ago so it was really good timing for me. I found lots of things really worriesome. Darin always seems to be smiling about the whole thing :confused: I can't believe that he can be smiling when talking about the brutal murder of his 2 sons and the fact that his 'beloved, innocent wife' is on death row!

The silly string video really did do me in! I could never, to this day, be so respectless at our sons grave and he passed away 16 years ago this year! We always go to his grave for his birthdays and sing happy birthday and let balloons go but no way, no how could I spray silly string at his resting place. Her whole demeanour was weird for a mother who lost her children 8 days prior! I noticed that she is much sadder discussing her guilty verdict than she was discussing her sons deaths.

There were lots of other things that stuck out too but even with all that being said I would like to see her get another trial and have the jury see the surveillance video of the memorial prior to silly string and clear up some of the other issues. If she is found guilty a second time get me on the next plane from Australia and I will push the plunger!

Bottom line, I believe she is guilty but I would like it clearer to her supporters so that she can be quickly forgotten once the needle has done its job!

Jayne
(just my opinion of course)

Oh I forgot to add that I taped the show and will lend it to a friend of mine who I don't think knows anything about the case and has also lost a child and I will see what her reaction to it all is.

Will let you know what she says when she sees it!

Jayne

armywife210 said:
Code:

I think that if she did it, yes Darin had involvement. He had to be. And you are right to say that if he knew about it and covered up for her, helped stage, or anything else he is as guilty as she is. Wrong is wrong, no matter how much involvement he had. There is no gray area, IMO, of amount of involvement and guilt.
However, for some reason I have a really hard time with this case. I have been following it since the day it hit the news. I have read everything I can find on it, and really studied it, and I don't think she did it. I have taken many MANY college courses on criminal psychology and profiling (haven't gotten my degree in it yet because I think it's more important for me to be available for my kids right now).
I think she should be retried. If she were retried and found guilty again, I could accept that and admit loudly that I was wrong. However, even the court transcripts make it hard for her to appeal fairly because they contain so many errors that change the light of entire statements during the trial. So I say before you send people to death, atleast go the extra mile and make dang sure they got a fair shake.
I feel for those boys every day. I know they are with God in a better place, but life on Earth was stolen from them. I am not forgetting them. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about them, honestly.
But Texas is America... and America, by definition, is fair.
Well anyway, my view only.... try not to be too painful on me. I left a message on the Jonbenet Ramsey and almost got my head bit off because I asked about whether or not the bedwetting and infections were a recent developement. :)
What bothers me is if I present someone who believes Darlie with some forensic evidence that the person has never heard and they just blow if off as nothing. That's frustrating. Anyway, I would like to know why you feel she is innocent though. Can you try not to think about the fact she is on Death Row, and just think about the evidence? I'm only saying this because many of her supporters seem simply to be against the DP and aren't concerned with alot of the evidence out there. thanks and welcome!

AussieAussie said:
Oh I forgot to add that I taped the show and will lend it to a friend of mine who I don't think knows anything about the case and has also lost a child and I will see what her reaction to it all is.
Sounds like a really cool show. I'm troubled more by her interview after the "party". She says something to the effect of "they're in Heaven now and having a big party. They wouldn't want us to be unhappy". I'm very sorry, Darlie dear, but I doubt your young sons were worried about your feelings much. It seems many people who are accused of killing a loved one and that it was perhaps premeditated, are ready to "move on" very quickly. They've already become used to the idea that person will no longer be around. I believe Darin helped with the coverup. His body language at the "party" is very awkward, at least somebody's is! Darlie maybe had been thinking about killing the boys for awhile, but Darin was shocked by it. Although he helped her coverup, he was not at the same place she was in the grieving process.

AussieAussie said:

Will let you know what she says when she sees it!

Jayne

Hey Jayne,

I'm an Aussie too (Sydney) ;) Been following this case for a few years. I had seen advertisments for that channel but not that I am living in a residential college don't have any chance of getting it ;)

I'd be keen to see that program if you were willing to post me the tape at some point in the future. I try and catch all the programs I can on Darlie (keen an eye on the Discovery Channel for the 'Medical Detectives' series... her one is called 'Invisible Intruder' and it has been on before). If you would prefer not to post the tape no probs at all :)

Good to see another Aussie around!

Dani

beesy said:
What bothers me is if I present someone who believes Darlie with some forensic evidence that the person has never heard and they just blow if off as nothing. That's frustrating. Anyway, I would like to know why you feel she is innocent though. Can you try not to think about the fact she is on Death Row, and just think about the evidence? I'm only saying this because many of her supporters seem simply to be against the DP and aren't concerned with alot of the evidence out there. thanks and welcome!
I am certainly not one to blow off anyone's input. I do just feel that the "Darlie supporters" do have some good reasons for why things look the way they do. For example, the kitchen sink. While I don't know what the heck she thought she was doing by wetting towels for the boy's wounds (remember though, she doesn't have much for education...), she does account for blood in the sink. I mean if she was bleeding all over the place, and she is wetting these towels, yea a lot of blood would go down the drain. She lost quite a bit of blood herself. I wouldn't call it a clean up when there was still quite a bit of blood there... and then there is the guy whom the cop saw when he was coming up to the house... he was running out the door, so the guy said that his wife and kids were hurt.... but when he got inside, low and behold there was Darin. Also, Darin can be heard on that portion of the 911 call. How could he have been both places? AND if what she says is true about something being placed in her mouth.... lack of oxygen does all kinds of things to the brain, as does this intensity of fear. When the brain is trying to process what happened, the story that emerges will change. Because the brain is desperately trying to remember, and "false memories" can be formed. I don't think that the boys were the object of the break in, Darlie was. Perhaps she was seen through the window, but the boys were blocked by the furniture. There was another attempted break in down the street earlier that night. Bottom line, if the boys weren't seen until after they came in.... perhaps Darlie woke up, screamed but quickly the sock went in her mouth to quiet her. The boys began waking up. They saw the faces... they were a threat. Unfortunately they eliminated that threat. Back to Darlie. Perhaps someone had every intent to sexually assault her. Maybe she came back to and got the sock out of her mouth. The killers heard a noise upstairs and instead of dealing with whomever might be upstairs, they slit her throat (hoping it was deep enough), and ran (perhaps different directions, perhaps not).
I keep going back to this scenerio. And much of the evidence could also point this direction.
There was a shoe print, as well, by one of the boys bodies... and blood had seaped into it.

Again, please don' lynch me. Disagree nicely! lol.

beesy said:
Sounds like a really cool show. I'm troubled more by her interview after the "party". She says something to the effect of "they're in Heaven now and having a big party. They wouldn't want us to be unhappy". I'm very sorry, Darlie dear, but I doubt your young sons were worried about your feelings much. It seems many people who are accused of killing a loved one and that it was perhaps premeditated, are ready to "move on" very quickly. They've already become used to the idea that person will no longer be around. I believe Darin helped with the coverup. His body language at the "party" is very awkward, at least somebody's is! Darlie maybe had been thinking about killing the boys for awhile, but Darin was shocked by it. Although he helped her coverup, he was not at the same place she was in the grieving process.
It was a good show! I have caught other stories on it and they do tend to give both sides of the argument a fair hearing. I agree totally with you that the interview after the silly string was weird. Being ready to move on takes so long with any death but the death of your own child (and in this case 2 of them) is so difficult. At 8 days after our sons death I was barely able to get out of bed and the physical ache I had in my arms (empty arms syndromw) was so intense that even breathing felt painful!

The other thing I noticed was the amount of healing that her neck had done in those precious few days, that really showed me how superficial they were. I had read how they were within 2mm of the corotid artery etc and assumed that must mean deep but I guess the corotid isn't that far from the surface after all. Wonder what Darlie's response was when she found out that she came within 2mm of really killing herself?

Jayne

Dani_T said:
Hey Jayne,

I'm an Aussie too (Sydney) ;) Been following this case for a few years. I had seen advertisments for that channel but not that I am living in a residential college don't have any chance of getting it ;)

I'd be keen to see that program if you were willing to post me the tape at some point in the future. I try and catch all the programs I can on Darlie (keen an eye on the Discovery Channel for the 'Medical Detectives' series... her one is called 'Invisible Intruder' and it has been on before). If you would prefer not to post the tape no probs at all :)

Good to see another Aussie around!

Dani
Hi Dani!

I am a Tasmanian :) I don't mind sending you the tape at all! In fact you will like what I have done. My friend doesn't get the crime channel either so when I decided to show her I have kept the tape going so it has been taping the channel all afternoon. I think it is a 4 hr tape but is probably on long play so you will end up with a good 8 hours viewing!

Not sure when I will get it to my friend but I will certainly send it on once she has finished. Thanks for the tip on the medical detectives, will keep my eye out for that one too.

I started at websleuths because of Laci Peterson (whose case I followed from the day she went missing). A few weeks back I was scanning around websleuths for something to read and came across Darlie and have spent way too many hours reading about it since! I am still having nightmares because I didn't see the graphic warning at one of her supporter sites and saw the photo's of the boys....... well to be honest I would have looked anyway but I also would never have expected something that terrible to have been posted on the internet by people who supposedly have any feelings toward these precious little boys.

I better get going and care for my 2 boys!! I don't usually type such long posts I promise lol

Jayne
PS PM me your addy for the video anytime :)

armywife210 said:
I am certainly not one to blow off anyone's input. I do just feel that the "Darlie supporters" do have some good reasons for why things look the way they do. For example, the kitchen sink. While I don't know what the heck she thought she was doing by wetting towels for the boy's wounds (remember though, she doesn't have much for education...), she does account for blood in the sink. I mean if she was bleeding all over the place, and she is wetting these towels, yea a lot of blood would go down the drain. She lost quite a bit of blood herself. I wouldn't call it a clean up when there was still quite a bit of blood there... and then there is the guy whom the cop saw when he was coming up to the house... he was running out the door, so the guy said that his wife and kids were hurt.... but when he got inside, low and behold there was Darin. Also, Darin can be heard on that portion of the 911 call. How could he have been both places? AND if what she says is true about something being placed in her mouth.... lack of oxygen does all kinds of things to the brain, as does this intensity of fear. When the brain is trying to process what happened, the story that emerges will change. Because the brain is desperately trying to remember, and "false memories" can be formed. I don't think that the boys were the object of the break in, Darlie was. Perhaps she was seen through the window, but the boys were blocked by the furniture. There was another attempted break in down the street earlier that night. Bottom line, if the boys weren't seen until after they came in, and the boys began waking up.... perhaps Darlie woke up, the sock went in her mouth to quiet her. The boys began waking up. They saw the faces... they were a threat. Unfortunately they eliminated that threat. Back to Darlie. Perhaps someone had every intent to sexually assault her. Maybe she came back to and somehow made noise again. The killers heard a noise upstairs and instead of dealing with whomever might be upstairs, they slit her throat (hoping it was deep enough), and ran (perhaps different directions, perhaps not.
It's long, sorry, but I keep going back to this scenerio. And much of the evidence could also point this direction.
There was a shoe print, as well, by one of the boys bodies... and blood had seaped into it.

Again, please don' lynch me. Disagree nicely! lol.
Of course I won't lynch you! You sound like you respect other people's thoughts and I think we can all learn from each other. That said, the blood found on the kitchen counter and sink thru Luminol was in a swirl pattern. I'm sure you know people don't bleed in a swirl pattern. There was also some blood wiped off of the sofa Darlie said she was sleeping on. Why would an intruder clean up blood? I feel Darlie cut her throat over the sink and cleaned up alot of it because she didn't want LE to know she'd been over there. She most likely also rinsed off Devon's blood from the knife. Nobody puts Darlie at the sink but Darlie. She didn't say anything about being at the kitchen sink until she saw it had been removed from the crime scene. She must have realized she didn't get all the blood. Wasn't like she was doing housework. She was probably scared and in pain at that point. Scared because she bled more than she thought she would.
And about Darin, he can be heard on the 911 tape before Waddell gets there. He cannot be heard when Waddell gets there at about 3:20 mins or so into the call. Waddell has positively ID'd Darin as the man who he saw in the front yard and Darin says it was him, that he was on his way to get Karen, the neighbor. According to the tape and transcript, Darlie was on the phone for 5:39 mins. So there was plenty of time to hear Darin, then to not hear him, then to hear him again.
Nobody but Chris Brown and some other Darlies believe there is a foot print near one of the boys. Chris published a "book" called Media Tried, Justice Denied. In it he places an overlay of a print on the carpet and says "look a boot print". I stared and stared and couldn't see it. Many Darlie supporters even think Chris is a little ahem....looney.
I hope you don't get offended by the things I've said. :)

I am still thinking about the show I watched today and may have to watch it again tomorrow and see what else I can get out of it!

One of the things that surprised me was that the prosecutor said that when they went back into court for the verdict that the photo's of both boys were sitting on the floor leaning against the jury box. Apparently the jury had requested this so Darlie had to look at her boys when looking at them. I find this a bit odd because weren't the jury only there to find on the youngest boy's murder? It seems to me that they were really finding her guilty of both. I know this is splitting hairs but it just seemed odd to me.

The reason I said above that I would like to see her get a new trial was because they interviewed one of the jury members and he said he isn't sure that he would have voted the same way if he had seen the secret cemetary surviellence and also the photo's of her arms. So a retrial would do 2 things, make those jurors believe they did the right thing and also take away the grey area for her supporters.

I am sorry if I am dredging up old stuff here, I have tried to read most of the posts but I can't guarantee I will remember what is in all of them!!

Take care
Jayne

armywife210 said:
. For example, the kitchen sink. While I don't know what the heck she thought she was doing by wetting towels for the boy's wounds (remember though, she doesn't have much for education...), she does account for blood in the sink. I mean if she was bleeding all over the place, and she is wetting these towels, yea a lot of blood would go down the drain. She lost quite a bit of blood herself. I wouldn't call it a clean up when there was still quite a bit of blood there

A few problems with the kitchen sink- the blood in the sink was wiped away (ie. the luminol picked up smears from memory) and there was also blood found INSIDE the cupboard underneath the sink where all the cleaning materials were kept. What was she doing in there? I could be wrong (the sink isn't one of my strong-suits!) but I seem to remember them finding blood cleaned away under the tap as well (Goody? Mary? DP?).

... and then there is the guy whom the cop saw when he was coming up to the house... he was running out the door, so the guy said that his wife and kids were hurt.... but when he got inside, low and behold there was Darin. Also, Darin can be heard on that portion of the 911 call. How could he have been both places?

I think you have misunderstood this. Waddell met Darin out the front of the house near the fountain (Darin was exiting as he arrived). He told Darin to stop, Darin did, told him about the boys and then (according to Waddell) they turned around and went inside the house. The man on the lawn was Darin. It was not a mystery man. Of course Darin's testimony is so all over the place that he hasn't got a clue what he was doing when apparently. Also, Darin isn't on the call for the 30 seconds prior to Waddell's first comment.

I keep going back to this scenerio. And much of the evidence could also point this direction.

I disagree (nicely!). They butchered two young boys with deep stab wounds but then only just skim their targets neck with the blade and walk out leaving her alive and moving behind them (if you believe her story then they would have HAD to have seen the kitchen light go on). And what noise came from upstairs? Darin slept through the attack. But even the evidence which refutes that scenario doesn't even touch on all the other evidence that puts the knife in Darlie's hand and places the screen fibres on the bread knife in the butcher's block.

AussieAussie said:
Hi Dani!

I am a Tasmanian :) I don't mind sending you the tape at all! In fact you will like what I have done. My friend doesn't get the crime channel either so when I decided to show her I have kept the tape going so it has been taping the channel all afternoon. I think it is a 4 hr tape but is probably on long play so you will end up with a good 8 hours viewing!

Thanks so much :) Let me know when you get it back (no rush obviously!) and I will send you my addy.

I am still having nightmares because I didn't see the graphic warning at one of her supporter sites and saw the photo's of the boys....... well to be honest I would have looked anyway but I also would never have expected something that terrible to have been posted on the internet by people who supposedly have any feelings toward these precious little boys.

Yeah, I have had to put post-it notes over the photos of the boys in my copy of MTJD. I remember when I got it in the mail that I had to steel myself for a minute before I opened it because I didn't know what to expect.

I don't usually type such long posts I promise lol

LOL- don't worry... you obviously haven't seen some of my efforts!

AussieAussie said:
The reason I said above that I would like to see her get a new trial was because they interviewed one of the jury members and he said he isn't sure that he would have voted the same way if he had seen the secret cemetary surviellence and also the photo's of her arms. So a retrial would do 2 things, make those jurors believe they did the right thing and also take away the grey area for her supporters.

Hey Jayne,

On the 'rogue' juror (Charles Samford)- despite what he says now he DID see the photos of her arms. I recently went back and compared the photos in MTJD with the exhibits shown to the jury at trial and the photos showing her arms very clearly where taken right up to the jury bench and shown to each of the jurors. Literally. They all DID see those photos- unless they were taking a catnap.

What's more the photos were accompanied by around 6 nurses testimonies that clearly state that the bruises were NOT visible whilst she was in hospital. It's important to note that there are two lots of photos. The ones in the hospital bed were taken after her admission to hospital (I think on 6th June). The one's where she is standing in a T-Shirt (and these are the ones which show extensive bruising) were taken 4 days later on the 10th of June at the police station after her release from hospital. All of the nurses (and I think maybe a doctor or two?) said that the brusing in the 10th June photos was around 24 hours old and definitely no more than 48 hours- which when you do the maths means they happened AFTER she was released from hospital and NOT during the crime.

I am sorry if I am dredging up old stuff here, I have tried to read most of the posts but I can't guarantee I will remember what is in all of them!!

Not at all! Keep dredging. It keeps those of us who have been around for a while sharp and helps newcomers get a good idea of the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back