OK - Mom arrested; lived in tents with 7 kids

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Daily Oklahoman:

Authorities arrest woman, who lived in tents with 7 children in Oklahoma, on child-neglect complaints

A woman who lived for several months in tents with her seven children in a wooded area of Pushmataha County was arrested on complaints of child neglect, authorities said Friday.
---
OSBI agents said Sonia Kubisak told investigators she medicated the children with cattle wormer, and used flea and tick medication for head lice.
---
The children were taken into protective custody.
more at link above, with picture

jeebus........this is a strange one....so sad for her kids. Hopefully they will be well placed.

I hate stories like this. The kids had to live this crappy *advertiser censored* life because of the parent. She treated them with cattle dewormer? Wth????? She never heard of birth control? And where are the father/fathers or grandparents?

I hate stories like this. The kids had to live this crappy *advertiser censored* life because of the parent. She treated them with cattle dewormer? Wth????? She never heard of birth control? And where are the father/fathers or grandparents?

There is housing assisstance, food and medical assisstance. No reason to live in these conditions unless she was hiding from someone.

Or mentally ill. I will never understand why kids cannot be taken away from mentally ill, neglectful, or abusive adults before the full damage was done.

She is arrested on child-neglect charges and the adult male(s) involved in this have no responsibilities at all??? That is so wrong!

I'll chime in on the mental health issue. I was severely mentally ill following the birth of my daughter. Truth of the matter is, the programs that lead us to wellness also enable us to keep our children. This woman may have not been in treatment or may not have known she was mentally ill. That's assuming she was.

That's the funny thing about it: We often don't know we're mentally ill until it's so bad it's tough for everyone to ignore.

You probably didn't mean to paint with such a wide brush, but each mental health event is unique and a child's well-being is always paramount to the sufferer, their family, and their treating physicians/programs. We can't just remove children because their parents are mentally ill. We already have more children in care than there are homes for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back