MO MO - Amanda Caudill, 27, St James, 15 Dec 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
bc899331-4670-4489-8f89-fe273597648d_zps50481b18.jpg

http://www.threeriverspublishing.co...n&catid=31:Crawford-County-News&Itemid=200118

Amanda Caudill, 27, of St. James, has been missing since Monday, December 15. Family members discovered a note left in her home and last made contact with her by telephone at 1 p.m. on Monday. Caudill left her wallet and vehicle at the residence.

Officials do not have a clothing description of what she was wearing, but she is 5’8”, 145 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes.

A Facebook community page “Please help locate Amanda Caudill” was formed shortly after she went missing and is also requesting any information that could help locate her. Information on the page tells that her phone was last “pinged” in the St. Clair/Pacific area before being turned off.

FB missing page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Please-help-locate-Amanda-Caudill/997575120259062

There's just so little to go on that it's hard to find a starting point. I did read that there is a guy missing from the St. Clair area, which I believe is where her phone last pinged.
The contents of the note would be helpful, not necessarily word for word, but the general gist of it. Did she say she was taking off for awhile to gather her thoughts, etc., did the note indicate suicide, was it stating she was going to meet up with friends, etc.
As I seem to be seeing often in missing persons cases, the information that could be useful is being withheld. Details indicating state of mind do provide clues. The disappearance of a person who was busy wrapping Christmas presents and left a note saying, "Hey, I'm running out to buy more wrapping paper." is going to be sleuthed differently than one that is from a person who's been depressed and leaves a note saying, "I really need to get away for awhile to clear my head."
How are the local police looking at this? An abduction scenario? An adult who has decided to walk away for awhile? Someone they need to find quickly to ensure their welfare?
I'll be watching for more details to surface. While praying she is found safe and sound.

This case definitely sounds like foul play given limited info but leaving a vehicle behind is suspicious Imo. I read thru the fb missing page and I have no say it's odd they so adamantly won't release any details regarding the letter. I can see giving no specifics but do they think it was her writing, did it say going for new life, s I cide, etc. No much unknown here.

[...] but leaving a vehicle behind is suspicious Imo. I read thru the fb missing page and I have no say it's odd they so adamantly won't release any details regarding the letter.

I think leaving a vehicle behind often indicates suicide, especially in places like Montana. Many places to wander off to and commit suicide and never be found probably.

The fact they don't say what the content of that note was also makes me think it was a suicide note.
If Amanda showed up alive (which would be beyond wonderful of course) I guess she wouldn't want that information to be public so future employers etc would find out if it could be read online.

I think leaving a vehicle behind often indicates suicide, especially in places like Montana. Many places to wander off to and commit suicide and never be found probably.

The fact they don't say what the content of that note was also makes me think it was a suicide note.
If Amanda showed up alive (which would be beyond wonderful of course) I guess she wouldn't want that information to be public so future employers etc would find out if it could be read online.

Amanda is missing from Missouri.

This whole thing is very fishy to me. I just did some reading on the FB page. When asked if LE was searching the woods, Amanda's sister replied that they'd done a fly-over but that her dad and brother (I think) were searching. Now...why wouldn't LE searching for her? Is it because of what is in the note? The sister states that she didn't read the note, just the mother did. And the sister wasn't concerned about what the note said. None of that makes a lick of sense to me. I mean c'mon. A family member is missing yet left a note. Yet you don't care what the note pertains to? There is something of an explanation in that note. Why the secrecy here? Nobody is asking for specifics, just some kind of direction. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to the family but this case will go stale very quickly if not even the tiniest of hints will be given.
This is very bizarre indeed. I can't even pull anything up on Google that is recent. There must be a reason LE isn't putting much effort into this. I'm guessing she's a walk away and the note indicates that, or there would be a lot more urgency to this. There is very little backstory that I can find as well. Is there a history of mental illness? Substance abuse? Some kind of romance angle?
Sad that there is just no information out there. Yet...the sister does seem very upset. Wondering what the family dynamics are here?
Thoughts???

This whole thing is very fishy to me. I just did some reading on the FB page. When asked if LE was searching the woods, Amanda's sister replied that they'd done a fly-over but that her dad and brother (I think) were searching. Now...why wouldn't LE searching for her? Is it because of what is in the note? The sister states that she didn't read the note, just the mother did. And the sister wasn't concerned about what the note said. None of that makes a lick of sense to me. I mean c'mon. A family member is missing yet left a note. Yet you don't care what the note pertains to? There is something of an explanation in that note. Why the secrecy here? Nobody is asking for specifics, just some kind of direction. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to the family but this case will go stale very quickly if not even the tiniest of hints will be given.
This is very bizarre indeed. I can't even pull anything up on Google that is recent. There must be a reason LE isn't putting much effort into this. I'm guessing she's a walk away and the note indicates that, or there would be a lot more urgency to this. There is very little backstory that I can find as well. Is there a history of mental illness? Substance abuse? Some kind of romance angle?
Sad that there is just no information out there. Yet...the sister does seem very upset. Wondering what the family dynamics are here?
Thoughts???

Agree! I wonder if a person leaves a suicide note behind, would it be advisable to mention that to the public, on the odd chance someone finding her might then think is okay to take advantage of her... perhaps LE advises this...

But vehicle was left behind and wallet taken. Doesn't add up. Someone on the FB page said she had plans with Amanda for the upcoming weekend. I did see she worked at a hotel which is bothersome to me. But without details of the letter, I can't make myself spend a lot of time here. Just feels like family is hiding a very important piece to the puzzle. If they want community support and help, they need to open up some honesty.

I think you must be right. If foul play was suspected or no inkling, I think efforts would be way higher.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back