Found Deceased LA - Jassiah Clark, 4, Baton Rouge, 20 December 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jassiah Clark
jassiah-clarkjpg-8c007a32a9c3be24.jpg

Baton Rouge 4-Year Old Missing Since Saturday
BATON ROUGE (WVLA) - Baton Rouge Police are asking for the public's help in locating a 4-year old boy, last seen Saturday afternoon. Police say Jassiah Clark was reported missing around 11 p.m., Saturday night. Family member say Clark was last seen around 12:30 p.m. near his home in the 5600 block of Robertson Avenue, wearing grey shorts, a New Orleans Hornets jacket, and black, red & blue Adidas tennis shoes. Jassiah is 3'0'' tall, weighing approximately 40 lbs.
http://www.myarklamiss.com/story/d/...g-since-saturday/68931/kULxzefS-U2nNjZO-5Ch3Q

I seen this on my local news channel facebook. But I can't find any other info. So strange

Hi mom23boys I live in mandeville about 45 minutes away. I hope this is getting alot of attention over there. I have seen it on a couple news facebook pages.

I am local. This is the article in our local paper. I had to look for it though, I haven't seen it on FB or anything. This poor little boy has been through a lot in his short life.

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/11152063-123/police-searching-for-missing-4-year-old

ETA: This article talks a lot about his family/home life and what details are known from the day he went missing.

Oh ..... wow. This poor child. What a life he has lived already. I hope he is safe somewhere.

Hi mom23boys I live in mandeville about 45 minutes away. I hope this is getting alot of attention over there. I have seen it on a couple news facebook pages.

Hi neighbor. I live just outside of BR to the east. It takes me 5 minutes to be in BR. I haven't seen anything until I saw this post here this evening. I went and looked on FB, and I saw it posted on one stations FB page. I am pretty sure the other one isn't working right for me though, because it said the last thing posted was 12/19.

Our 2 local stations are WAFB and WBRZ. WBRZ is affiliated with (the same as?) The Advocate, which is the local paper. WBRZ is the one which wouldn't update, but it is in their paper, so I am sure they linked it.

I do know the area he is missing from is a dangerous area of town and unfortunately, that may play into lack of coverage. I hope not. I have been busy with family bc we have had a death, funeral tomorrow, so I haven't actually watched the news this weekend.

Praying this poor baby is found safe and soon. :(

I am local. This is the article in our local paper. I had to look for it though, I haven't seen it on FB or anything. This poor little boy has been through a lot in his short life.

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/11152063-123/police-searching-for-missing-4-year-old

ETA: This article talks a lot about his family/home life and what details are known from the day he went missing.

Thanks for posting this article. Such a sad story, but what an adorable little boy. it mentions he was last seen walking by a canal. I don't know how reliable that eyewitness is, but I wonder if he fell in. Hopefully there will be a (positive) update.

"The Baton Rouge Police Department has asked the public for help locating a 4-year-old boy who was last seen Saturday (Dec. 20) afternoon.

"Jassiah Clark was reported missing around 10:50 p.m. Saturday night, having last been seen near his house in the 5600 block of Robertson Avenue, BRPD spokesman Cpl. L'Jean McKneely said in a press release. "

That was a very long time to wait before calling the police.

http://www.nola.com/news/baton-rouge/index.ssf/2014/12/boy_missing_baton_rouge_jassia.html#comments

There was good reason for child protection services to remove the boy from that home before this happened. What kid should have to live in a home where adults murder each other while mother is in jail?

There was good reason for child protection services to remove the boy from that home before this happened. What kid should have to live in a home where adults murder each other while mother is in jail?

100% agree with you!

From mom23boys' link respectfully...all I can say is WOW. Our men and women overseas are exposed to all of this killing. We see how it affects them, but can you imagine how that can affect children...?
But the boy, whose disappearance has been heartbreaking for his family, already was a witness to another heartbreaking event. The boy’s uncle and mother’s boyfriend killed each other after a drunken argument in the front yard of the home where they lived, family members have said. The boy and his 10-year-old brother were only feet away.

In that tragedy, Lester Reed, 32, stabbed 19-year-old Tevin Crump, who then shot Reed in the chest outside a home on Washington Court on Nov. 23. As Reed fell to the ground with a bullet in his torso, Crump stood over Reed and tried to shoot him again — even as a knife protruded from his chest, family members have said.

But the gun jammed, and moments later, Crump fell to the ground just feet from Reed, and the two died shortly thereafter — Crump at the scene and Reed at a hospital.

Jassiah, along with his 10-year-old brother, were outside the home just feet away when the argument broke out, two family members said. He had been living at the home with his mother for a few weeks leading up to the incident.

I have my phone set to receive Amber Alerts and have yet to receive one. I am not alone, comments under this FB status on WAFB's photo/article say others haven't received them. WAFB responded saying it didn't alert the first time and they tried again.

I think I can post this. It is an official news station and the info is verified by the page (alerts not going out at first). I hope I am not breaking the rules... I am a HUGE rule follower.

https://www.facebook.com/Channel9BatonRouge/posts/10152632940158823

I thought Amber Alerts needed a description of a car or a suspect! How can an Amber Alert be issued without any information, other than he was last seen near a canal. I'm so confused. And I don't want to be angry, but this baby is 4 years old! He should be wandering nowhere on his own! And I would be 100% freaking out if my 5 year old was missing. Where is the urgency???

also from that recent article mom23boys linked (http://theadvocate.com/news/police/1...ing-4-year-old):

Jassiah was deeply affected by what he saw. In the weeks since the shooting and right up to his disappearance, Jassiah cried every day and told his mother that he missed his uncle. Though other family members still mourned both men every day, they did their best not to bring it up to Jassiah, said the boy’s aunt Lesly Reed.

Search expands for missing 4-year-old in Baton Rouge
Three days before Christmas, a family is distraught, after a four-year-old went missing Saturday evening. Jassiah Clark was last seen walking near his home in the 5600 block of Robertson Avenue in North Baton Rouge. "Today, we're out canvasing the area where the little boy was last seen," Baton Rouge Police Sgt. Mary Godawa told reporters around just noon. Godawa says there are nearly 50 law enforcement officials in the area looking for Jassiah. "We've all come together to pull our resources, and we're hoping to talk to everyone in the area who may have some information about this missing child," Godawa said. "We will follow every lead, every tip that comes in, in an effort to locate him."

Lesly Reed, Jassiah auntie, said the last time she saw him was Saturday around 5:30 p.m. Reed says she drove to Jassiah home to visit his mother, Brittni Dionne Clark. Reed says her nephew ran to her car, something he always does, when she comes over.
http://www.nola.com/crime/baton-rouge/index.ssf/2014/12/search_expands_for_missing_4-y.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back