Found Deceased SC - Jayden Morrison, 4, Little River, 24 Dec 2014

CarolinaAsh

Reaction score
Jayden.jpg

This just came across my alerts so not a whole lot is known yet. I will update as more info comes out. Here is a link to the news articles thus far:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27705131/missing-child-in-horry-county?clienttype=generic
http://www.wbtw.com/story/27704920/horry-county-authorities-search-for-4-year-old-boy
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1140856#.VJt5pl4AN4

Facts:

• First Name: Jayden
  • Last Name: Morrison
  • 4 Years Old
  • African American
  • Male
  • Last Seen Wearing: red and orange footie pajamas with guitars on them
  • Height: Approx. 4 ft.
  • Weight: Approx. 40lbs
  • Hair Color: Bald
  • Missing from Sultana Dr. in Little River, SC 29566
  • Missing between 5:30 and 6pm.
  • CHILD IS SPECIAL NEEDS: Autistic and Does Not SPEAK.
  • Search dogs deployed at 7pm
  • Boy is NOT a local. Family is visiting for holidays.

Got confirmation the child is NOT Caucasian, is infact African American

Oh my goodness I hope he is found quickly!

What a nightmare situation especially on Christmas Eve. Hope this little man is safe and found soon.

Update: Child is autistic and does not speak, though it's not known if he is infact mute, or just selectively mute due to his autism.

Going to head downstairs and see if by chance there's an active feed for this area. I'll ETA if so.

Officials set up command center to search for missing child in L - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather
LITTLE RIVER, SC (WMBF) - A command center has been set up after a child was reported missing from Sultana Drive in the Little River community.

According to officials, the child is a four-year-old black male named Jayden, wearing red and orange pajamas with guitars. He stands four-feet-tall, 40 pounds and bald, officials said.

Jayden reportedly went missing just before 6 p.m. Wednesday, according to North Myrtle Beach Fire Chief Billy Floyd.

Jayden has special needs and does not speak, according to police.

Horry County Police Department and North Myrtle Beach Fire and Police are helping in search efforts.
Just before 10 p.m., officials divided into groups to search the area, included wooded areas. Residents started showing up to help with the search.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27705131/missing-child-in-horry-county?clienttype=generic

:praying:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no. I bet the the sensory overload of the holiday was too much for him or someone forgot to latch the door. Unless you live with autism, or see it a lot, it's so hard to understand the seriousness of kids that elope.

Please be safe dear boy!!

I'm praying for this little one.

Please, find him tonight.

I hope he's okay and doesn't try to hide from the people trying to find him, the way my neighbor's autistic kid did when he got lost a couple of years ago. :prayer:

I could use a hand downstairs - I found 3 feeds that have active search alerts running & can only listen to one

:blushing:

BRB w/the link

ETA:

This is the link to the post downstairs:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11336549

Remember what hear there has to stay there, but we can let folks here know if something is happening so they are aware.

:tyou:

Unfortunately a LOT. We've had horrible storms today with bad flooding. :(

I deleted my stupid question. Just went on Google maps.

Praying for a Christmas Miracle!!! Wouldn't that be wonderful!

It looks like the downstairs threads have picked up on pertinent traffic / but it's not confirmed.

Wanted y'all to be aware.

:(

Was just on the news link from WBTW listed in post one that they will be ceasing searches at midnight, starting again at 7am if he isn't found. :(

This is happening way too often lately.

Praying for you Jaden. Please come home safe.

Okay I was really hoping they'd have found him by now but since no. I wanted to come give a little local perspective. I am quite familiar with this area, I even looked at houses in that subdivision when I was buying my house. I also use the main road that goes past the entrance, Hwy 111, as a shortcut a lot.

First of all, this is a mid-range subdivision. It's mostly full with a handful of empty lots. Unfortunately LOTS of water features. The road he went missing from cuts through the middle almost parallel to 111. Ergo, it doesn't dump directly onto the hwy, thank god. Unfortunately nearly every house on that road has a backyard that opens into a pond. Both ends of the road open to a bit of a wooded area. Across the hwy is a slightly ritzier subdivision with massive amounts of growth. Just up the hwy is the road my daddy warned me about. I mean that literally. He warned me not to go down it ever because it was a hotbed of gang/drug activity. Just to add credence, my work supervisor told me the same thing when we drove past it one day.

Fortunately they seem to be focusing on the southeastern end of Sultana Dr. which is farther away from 111. Unfortunately that still has lots of woods, apartment complexes, and eventually leads to the even BIGGER US-17. However I think if he did go that way there is a FAR greater chance for someone to see him! There is also less water this way! So maybe good news there. The terrain is pretty much flat, wooded with older apartment complexes scattered. It has been raining hard today and the ground was saturated from yesterday's super heavy fog all day long, so it's not the easiest terrain.

We've had odd weather today. Above average wind and precipitation, but also above average temps which is so helpful. Around the time he disappeared it was 65 out with moderate winds. Unfortunately since then we have had more rain come through, the temp has dropped to 63 and winds are fairly gusty.

How far is it from Little River to Raleigh where the other little boy is missing?
Around 2 hours and 45 mins-3 hours. I get very different feelings from these cases though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back