Missing Since: November 22, 2003 from San Francisco, California
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: April 30, 1974
Height: 5'4"-5'6"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde (bleached)
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Pierced ears. Fair complexion.
Medical Conditions: Ann was depressed at the time of her disappearance.
Clothing: Possibly wearing a dark blue or green vinyl jacket
with a "Matt Gonzales" sticker on it, blue jeans, tan ski hat
Jewelry: Necklace with a shell on it
NCIC Number: M-843697108
Case Number: 031386037

Details of Disappearance
On November 22, 2003, a friend dropped off Ann-Marie Lawrence, 29, at her residence on the 2400 block of Fulton Street, near Stanyan, on that evening. Instead of going into her residence, Lawrence suddenly ran across the street into Golden Gate Park. Neither friends, or relatives who live in Southern California, have heard from her since that time. Lawrence was unemployed at the time of her disappearance, yet there has been no use of her bank accounts since she vanished. Police have not ruled out foul play.

Contact Information:
Investigative Agency: San Francisco Police Department
Phone: (415) 558-5508
Alternate Phone: (415) 553-1071
Investigative Case #: 031386037
NCIC #: M-843697108

NCMA PROFILE

Apologies for the lack of images but I am new to this forum and not quite sure how to post them.

There are some images here though if someone else knows how to do it -

For the past few days I have been in contact with Ann Marie's brother in law and they are at a loss as to how to search for Ann Marie. His website for her is http://anthonydomingo.com/am/

If anyone can help him, please contact him.

Woman still missing after six weeks
By Alison Soltau | Staff Writer
Published on Tuesday, January 13, 2004
URL: http://www.examiner.com/article/index.cfm/i/010704n_missing
E-mail this story | Print this page

Ann-Marie Lawrence was grieving the recent death of her mother but was determined to forge a new life in San Francisco, training to become a club DJ and preparing to open a massage-therapy business.

Then, in November, she disappeared -- leaving a promising life in limbo and sending heartbroken friends scouring The City for traces of her.

The vivacious 29-year-old was last seen the night of Nov. 22, when a male acquaintance dropped her off at home after a party.

But instead of entering her home on the 2400 block of Fulton Street, Lawrence abruptly turned and ran into Golden Gate Park, the acquaintance told police.

Inspector Pierre Martinez of the police missing-persons unit said witnesses recounted that Lawrence appeared depressed. She was acting oddly at the party -- possibly, they said, because of grief for her mother, who had tragically died of cancer within the past 12 months.

"She had been in a different frame of mind, very quiet and not herself," Martinez said.

"People who know her say she is usually an upbeat, friendly and outgoing person but it appeared during that stage, she had become paranoid about certain things."

Martinez said Lawrence's bank accounts have not been accessed since she disappeared. Police have not ruled out foul play. Dog, bike and foot patrols searched the park but have come up with no clues.

Lawrence's roommate and longtime friend Dan Fitzgerald noticed a few days later that she was missing, and he alerted police and the woman's family in Southern California.

"There are a lot of people who love her very much, who are not only worried but frantically working around the clock to find out that she is OK," Fitzgerald said.

"If anybody can just let us know she is OK and talk to her, that would be great."

Fitzgerald and a group of friends have trawled through The City's club scene, including Lawrence's favorite house-music hangout, Mission district club Liquid, but no one has seen the missing woman.

Some six weeks into the heartrending search they have plastered The City with flyers bearing her picture and have retraced their steps over all her old haunts, such as The World School of Massage and Holistic Healing, where she trained as a therapist, but to no avail.

"It's very tough," Fitzgerald said.

"It's been a long time. You go out and you catch yourself, and think, 'Is there something I could be doing? Have I given up?'

"I haven't given up, but I don't know what I can do right now."

Ann-Marie Lawrence is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds. She has a fair complexion, brown eyes and bleached blonde hair. Police urge anyone with information on her whereabouts to call Inspector Martinez of the missing-persons unit at 558-5508 during business hours or the Operations Center at 553-1071 at any other time.

Has a grid search of the park ever been completed with cadavar dogs?

bumping for ann marie.
this is one of those weird cases where someone literally seems to vanish, physically, into thin air. what i want to know is why the acquaintance didn't try to follow her and find out where she went, make sure she got into the house OK. it was nighttime, she's a female, that's a no-brainer. from the description, it seems like the acquaintance just said 'huh? oh well, she just ran into the park for no reason... oh well, goin' home now...'
seems to me if you had 2 brain cells to rub together you would try and find her, especially if she didn't seem like herself that night! and,, wouldn't you either call the police or notify her friends that she didn't go into her house and she ran off and you can't find her..?? didn't the person do anything...?? why did it take several days for another friend to realize she was missing...??

A few years ago I spoke with Ann Marie's brother in law about Ann Marie. I might ask him to come and chat with us here. It is one case that has definitely stuck with me over the years.

bumping for Ann Marie.

Her disappearence boggles me. Why didn't her friend follow her into the park? I know I would think it was a little weird if one of my friends just bolted in the opposite direction of their house. I wouldn't just be like 'doh, okay' and leave.
Besides that -what the hell happened to her then? Did she just leap out into the sea?
Did she see someone or something in or around her apartment who she did not want to see or frightened her so she bolted? After the friend left whoever she ran from came and found her?
Was she drunk?
Why did the friend just leave without making sure she was okay?

Bumping for Ann-Marie. This case is baffling. I read about it on the San Francisco Missing Persons Unit site. The city is fairly small; where could Ann-Marie be?

an older article
SAN FRANCISCO
San Francisco Police ask for help in finding woman, 29
- Jason Van Derbeken
Wednesday, January 7, 2004

Police are asking for the public's help in finding a 29-year-old woman who has been missing since Nov. 22, when she was seen running into Golden Gate Park.

Ann Marie Lawrence was last seen running after being dropped off by her date in front of her Fulton Street flat, near Stanyan, police said.

Lawrence, who had been depressed since her mother died, was unemployed at the time of her disappearance, yet there has been no use of her bank accounts since she vanished.

Lawrence's friends and sister in Reseda in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles have not been in contact with her, said Inspector Pierre Martinez of the Missing Persons detail. She is 5-feet-6, 120 pounds, with brown eyes and bleached blond hair.

"We're stuck,'' Martinez said of the investigation. "At this point, we are asking for anybody's help. If she's fine, let us know. We just want to make sure she is all right.''

Page A - 16
URL: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file...BAG4L44JSE1.DTL

On November 22, 2003. A friend dropped off Ann-Marie Lawrence, 29, at her residence on the 2400 block of Fulton Street, near Stanyan, on that evening. Instead of going into her residence, Lawrence suddenly ran across the street into Golden Gate Park. Neither friends, or relatives who live in Southern California, have heard from her since that time.
When found contact:

SFPD Missing Person Unit: 415-558-5508
Operations Center: 415-553-1071
http://www.sfgov.org/site/police_index.asp?id=22056

That young woman disappeared 10 years ago. I wish they would run a newspaper article or something.

I've been wondering what happened to this girl for a long time, so this recent news of skeletal remains in Golden Gate Park leaves me hopeful:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/human-remains-found-golden-gate-park-lake/nhJp9/

If you watch the video, they say that they found clothing, including a leather jacket with the remains. When Ann Marie went missing, she was probably wearing a vinyl jacket. Pretty easy to mistake vinyl for leather, especially if you haven't taken a closer look yet!

I've been wondering what happened to this girl for a long time, so this recent news of skeletal remains in Golden Gate Park leaves me hopeful:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/human-remains-found-golden-gate-park-lake/nhJp9/

If you watch the video, they say that they found clothing, including a leather jacket with the remains. When Ann Marie went missing, she was probably wearing a vinyl jacket. Pretty easy to mistake vinyl for leather, especially if you haven't taken a closer look yet!

I'm not sure if I'm missing something - they showed the body being taken out on a stretcher. It still had the unmistakable body shape. I would think that after ten years, Ann Marie's remains wouldn't be as intact?

You know, I thought the same thing when I saw them bring the body out! But they did say it was a skeleton, and that the first thing they saw was a skull. I don't know - I have no explanation for it! I hope they're able to identify whoever it is, though. As someone who lived in SF for many years, it amazes me that someone can just run into the park and just... vanish.

Ann Marie has been missing for 10 years this month. Her pictures on the Charley Project always make me sad...she looks so fragile, depressed, vulnerable.

What happened to her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back