OH - Kaylee Schnurr, 18 mos, raped & murdered, Cincinnati, 20 July 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
He's accused of attacking his girlfriend's daughter in a home on Knoll Ridge on Wednesday. Police say the the rape and beating lasted 30 minutes. The toddler, named Kay, is on life support at Children's Hospital and is not expected to survive.
http://wkrc.com/breaking/story.aspx?content_id=C0BAA1C4-6D4B-487D-A4EC-CFC77D15A479

On Wednesday, medics and officers responded to Knollridge Lane on a report of a 19-month-old girl not breathing. http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/07/22/rapebeat.html

And, yes, if she dies this is murder in the first degree. Could we round up a posse? I am sick and tired of hearing about this stuff.....can't we do more? There has to be something.

They have just broken this news on TV, I am waiting on more info. If I find out this was a convicted offender- I really don't know what I will do.

I just ran his name on Ohio Sex Offender Database and he is not on it.
According to 6pm news, he tried to rape her and beat her because she screamed! :furious:Then he raped her anyway!:furious:
This has got to stop! :banghead:We have to find a way to tell who is likely to offend :banghead:

mysteriew said:
I just ran his name on Ohio Sex Offender Database and he is not on it.
According to 6pm news, he tried to rape her and beat her because she screamed! :furious:Then he raped her anyway!:furious:
This has got to stop! :banghead:We have to find a way to tell who is likely to offend :banghead:

This was a baby for Christ's sake. OK, let's get a grip. Yes, the answer is in education and it has got to start early and it has to be an open ended situation. Where children feel safe coming forward and adults feel safe telling their knowledge. Open ended at all costs or no one will do anything. It isn't about money....it is about safety.Money won't make honest people do anything, family loyalty/dysfunction will be a bigger motivator.Tell them/show them they are not crazy. Explain that their situation is unique to personality disordered families and the cycle is abusive. Talk, talk, talk and then they will listen. Quite talking about vioxx on cable news channels and do something that will prevent horrendous sexual abuse and repeat offenders.

concernedperson said:
This was a baby for Christ's sake. OK, let's get a grip. Yes, the answer is in education and it has got to start early and it has to be an open ended situation. Where children feel safe coming forward and adults feel safe telling their knowledge. Open ended at all costs or no one will do anything. It isn't about money....it is about safety.Money won't make honest people do anything, family loyalty/dysfunction will be a bigger motivator.Tell them/show them they are not crazy. Explain that their situation is unique to personality disordered families and the cycle is abusive. Talk, talk, talk and then they will listen. Quite talking about vioxx on cable news channels and do something that will prevent horrendous sexual abuse and repeat offenders.

This is the 2nd baby in Cincinnati to be raped in what 2-3 mos? This baby was old enough to try to resist so she gets beaten- probably to death! :furious:
They say the beating lasted for approx 30 min! :furious:For a baby! :sick:A baby!:sick:

I love keeping abreast of the news, but this kind I can do without! This guy, without a doubt, should be given the JDB punishment........ nail it to the floor, douse the room with gasoline and give him a knife! I am not kidding here either when I say this, I think this is exactly what they should do to these people! And then they can have their day in court!

poco said:
I love keeping abreast of the news, but this kind I can do without! This guy, without a doubt, should be given the JDB punishment........ nail it to the floor, douse the room with gasoline and give him a knife! I am not kidding here either when I say this, I think this is exactly what they should do to these people! And then they can have their day in court!

I agree. But the cycle of abuse has to stop . It has to stop before there is a baby beaten and raped to death. Let's pull together somehow on this and make our voices heard. I mean this. We can do something.

Some of the best minds in the world are on this forum. We understand victimology more than others because we have been victims ourselves. We gather and share and grieve over all these crimes.But we need to shout about what we know and we need to make it obvious. We need to take advantage of the current news and shout....yes...there are more victims out there. Yes, we don't like it and yes, we will stop it. Pretty dramatic, I know but this is the kind of thing that will make a difference. So much.......

concernedperson said:
I agree. But the cycle of abuse has to stop . It has to stop before there is a baby beaten and raped to death. Let's pull together somehow on this and make our voices heard. I mean this. We can do something.

Some of the best minds in the world are on this forum. We understand victimology more than others because we have been victims ourselves. We gather and share and grieve over all these crimes.But we need to shout about what we know and we need to make it obvious. We need to take advantage of the current news and shout....yes...there are more victims out there. Yes, we don't like it and yes, we will stop it. Pretty dramatic, I know but this is the kind of thing that will make a difference. So much.......

I don't see how something like this can be stopped. As long as there are people on this earth, there will be crueltry, hatred, etc. IMO, you make the crime fit the punishment. I think if you knew for certain that if you got caught stealing, you would get your hand chopped off, I think it would really deter thievery.

When the criminal has as much, if not more, rights than the victim, there is a real problem!!!

I'm just really angry right now with this thread.....

poco said:
I don't see how something like this can be stopped. As long as there are people on this earth, there will be crueltry, hatred, etc. IMO, you make the crime fit the punishment. I think if you knew for certain that if you got caught stealing, you would get your hand chopped off, I think it would really deter thievery.

When the criminal has as much, if not more, rights than the victim, there is a real problem!!!

I'm just really angry right now with this thread.....

Trust me, you won't get any opposition to the death penalty from me. What I am saying is recognition so more crimes can be acknowledged and prosecuted.

concernedperson said:
Trust me, you won't get any opposition to the death penalty from me. What I am saying is recognition so more crimes can be acknowledged and prosecuted.

Hey, CP, IMO, the DP is the easy way out for these perps.

Poor little baby, we need to think positively for her sake, maybe she will pull through this and have a chance at good life.

This cruel SOB can rot in jail for the rest of his life. :behindbar no parole for sex offenders.. ever!

A 19-year-old confessed to raping and beating his girlfriend's 18-month-old daughter, and the child is not expected to survive, police said.

Matthew Carovilano said he beat the child for several minutes with his hands after raping her, police said.

The police chief told News 5 it is the worst case he has seen in 27 years.

Doctors there discovered trauma throughout the child's body. They were told the baby fell from the bed, but they didn't believe that story.

The child's skull had to be cracked to relieve pressure.

The child stopped breathing twice Friday and had to be revived.
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4759730/detail.html

This guys brain needs to be removed, so they can study it. Animals like him can only serve mankind as guinea pigs for study.

Without even reading the links, reading just what you all have posted about this crime, is just so heartbreaking. It is unbearable to think about.
:(

I wish I didn't read this. I will never be able to understand how someting like this happens.

11am news. The police have been calling the toddler "Baby Kay". The family asked the media to use her name- Kaylee and to show her picture on the news. (She is a dollbaby). They want people to see her as a person, not as a nicname she got as a result of this horror.
According to the PD Chief (who was tearful, he said that he kept thinking of his grandkids). From what PD has learned Kaylee tried to fight off her attacker, when he tried to rape her. That resulted in her beating. The tried to tell PD that she fell off a two foot bed and that was how she recieved her injuries.
She has damage to her liver and her lungs, as well as the brain injury.
Kaylee has had surgery to relieve the pressure from swelling on her brain. She was shocked twice today because her heart stopped.

At some point Wed. the tried to hang himself, so he is on suicide watch at the jail. At some point the confessed to the rape and beating.

That poor sweet baby.....it makes me so mad to see this kind of stuff. The poor baby was fighting him, God Bless Her..........I hope he gets tortured somewhere

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back