KY - 7 year old walks away from plane crash, 4 dead

liljim

Former Member
Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-girl-survived-ky-plane-crash-27973521

Sgt. Dean Patterson of the Kentucky State Police says a disoriented 7-year-old girl walked to a home and reported that she had been involved in a plane crash. The resident called 911 and the girl was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Authorities found the aircraft a couple of hours later and confirmed that the pilot and three other passengers were killed.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-girl-survived-ky-plane-crash-27973521

Sgt. Dean Patterson of the Kentucky State Police says a disoriented 7-year-old girl walked to a home and reported that she had been involved in a plane crash. The resident called 911 and the girl was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Authorities found the aircraft a couple of hours later and confirmed that the pilot and three other passengers were killed.

Terrible how tragic the poor girl witnessing your parents and sister die. I hope they R.I.P and the young girl gets plenty of support to cope. I don't like these small planes they seem to crash quite frequently.

God bless her broken little heart. She is so brave. May she find peace and happiness in her future. Prayers for her and her family.

Oh my. :praying: for this precious, little girl.

Read this one on waking this morning. Poor lil thing. I cannot imagine the trauma. :(

Can't. Even. Imagine.
Poor, sweet, girl.
I hope she is surrounded by those that love her, and great counseling in the days/years to come.

I started following this story early today, read numerous articles, and visited her family's FBs as well. Lots of photos, videos, happy times right up to the end.

This just wasn't supposed to happen!

Father had a long history with flying...reportedly got his pilot's license before he did his automobile driver's license.

In addition to an obviously loving extended family and friends who are there for her wholeheartedly, there is perhaps some more hope for little Sailor's future. Her older sister (half-sister possibly?) has been married just two years and no children so far. Sailor also has an older adult brother (half too?). Whatever they work-out for her, I strongly believe she will receive all the love and support she needs...which provides some consolation.

RIP to the family...Mom, Dad, sister, and cousin. Sending love, strength, and support to this brave and blessed little girl.

~jmo~

This article has many pictures, one of them being the actual terrain this brave girl walked through in order to get help.

View attachment 66675

In the picture it would seem that the plane went down in the wooded area bottom right. If I eye spied correctly the home she went to is right at the turn in the road, center right. jmo

'When I opened the door there was a bloody girl': Man tells how seven-year-old plane crash survivor set a stick alight to find her way out of dark woods and to his house for help nearly a mile away

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nger-s-house-3-4-mile-away.html#ixzz3Npm1g8MQ

Little would her parents ever suspect that the survival skills they taught their young daughter would serve her so well in this traumatic situation. What a legacy they have given her.

Brave and smart. Hard to believe she stayed so composed and rescued herself. God bless her.

My heart goes out to this very amazingly strong girl of 7. She knew so much to survive. She lit a stick to see in the dark. Bless her and R.I.P. family. Very sad for her loss & terror at age 7. May her life be hopeful & promising. She's a tough one!

Terribly tragic and so heartbreaking. What a brave, strong and courageous little girl. Stay strong little one. Your family is at peace in God's loving arms.

I am so happy to hear that she has two older sibs[halfsibs]. She is going to need someone that will remind her of Mom and Dad. She is still so young. Poor baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back