Bullies disrupt and disgrace 100yr old veteran's award ceremony

Yoda

Master
Reaction score
MOO Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful!
Activists shouted down Navy veteran Dario Raschio in his moment of honor at event hosted by Oregon Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden
Crowd applauded when Raschio scolded them to 'show a little respect' but the rest of the event was canceled after 45 minutes of chaos
One protester was caught on video threatening a security guard: 'I'll break your jaw, old man!'
Wyden told group they could speak 'early on' in the meeting but leader decided to 'take over the town hall right now'
She insisted that the meeting 'belongs to the black people'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...emony-hijack-senator-s-town-hall-meeting.html

geeee......hopefully some of the protesters might just be lucky enough to have grandparents, neighbors or extended family who have served. Eventually at family dinner they will get an earful ((I have to hope!))

How disrespectful.

"I'll break your jaw old man."

Something to tell the grandkids in your old age, uh?

Honestly, with friends like that, some causes hardly need enemies.....and did anyone notice that, despite the thuggish threat, the 'old man' security guard still called the man threatening him, 'sir'? And that the man making the threats had at least a head height, significant weight and 20, 30 years youth on the security worker he was threatening?

He ought to apologise, in my opinion. That was disgraceful behaviour.

As for the 100-year-old vet standing up and asking for someone to be allowed to be heard.....

Well, I'm in Europe. Where we have big reasons to be thankful to US vets who fought for our freedom to speak freely. My Grandpa was one of them. Now that freedom is under threat again, I'm doubly grateful. Thank you for your service, sir!

"I'll break your jaw old man."

Something to tell the grandkids in your old age, uh?

Honestly, with friends like that, some causes hardly need enemies.....and did anyone notice that, despite the thuggish threat, the 'old man' security guard still called the man threatening him, 'sir'? And that the man making the threats had at least a head height, significant weight and 20, 30 years youth on the security worker he was threatening?

He ought to apologise, in my opinion. That was disgraceful behaviour.

He'll never apologize. He was just another of those "peaceful protesters" - spreading peace wherever they go. :notgood:
What a shame for this veteran to be so disrespected by one of the citizens whose right to free speech he fought to defend. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back