Will our ability to edit the content we see on New Posts ever be restored us?

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Much more 'Political Pavilion,' for instance, and the nightmares return, lol.

But seriously. Loss of this key benefit lessened my -- and others' -- enjoyment. I love WS. But still.

We used, under the ancien regime, to be able to block a goodly number of forums and threads. More! again! soon? please!

I know we've improved greatly in other areas. And the mods are fully resurgent for the common good. But this one matters to me and others, judging from PMs, this ability to edit content. Several posters have offered up temporary solutions and to them, again, much sincere thanks. But a permanent solution would be appreciated.

I'm right there with you, Woofy, although I'm violently allergic to politics and therefore the Pavilion would be one I'd choose to hide from New Posts.

I'm right there with you, Woofy, although I'm violently allergic to politics and therefore the Pavilion would be one I'd choose to hide from New Posts.
Oh, me too on the PP, O.G. It'd be gone like a freak snowfall in Kansas in late May if my druthers are returned.

I mean, I'm glad, actually, that we have a PP -- for one, issues of controversial political yawpings can be relegated there without loss of the thread itself. Bravo for that. It's just that I'm not here for that sort of thing. For one reason primarily, PP-wise: one cannot argue with ignorance.

Thanks SS. What I'm looking for, though, is system like the old one, easily done, one source, no-multiple-clicking convenience. I and several others lobbied hard for just that sort of thing years ago -- I was criticized for having done by someone now evidently departed, but an easy fix and voila! we had it in place and in place it remained till the switchover -- said switchover can tend now to remind of the "New Coke"'s introduction in 1985. I'd like to see a WS mod -- DaveAHFB, a real personality gain around here, and also a tech plus too -- speak to this issue and restore the old system, which I'm fairly sure ought able to be done. (And, again, Dave's a HUGE step forward; great guy.)

I'd seen the excellent KateB's solution you linked to, and thanks again for it.

Oops, sorry, Woof, I misread your meaning, initially. :doh:

(Little known fact: I was once a political blogger, back in the early 'aughts.)

Anyway, I imagine we each have our different WS habits, but I don't visit the Forums page very often; just New Posts all day long and losing the ability to hide certain forums from it was painful.

Keep in mind this was due to change of software and not by a decision by admins to remove the ability.

At this point in time this is beyond my control. There are currently other issues in play which must be sorted before even beginning to looking into any issues which may not be "game changers". This is not to say that your thoughts and opinions do not matter to us, just that things must be prioritized and the direction set. No sense turning on the right turn signal if we may just be turning left ;)

Dave

Keep in mind this was due to change of software and not by a decision by admins to remove the ability.

At this point in time this is beyond my control. There are currently other issues in play which must be sorted before even beginning to looking into any issues which may not be "game changers". This is not to say that your thoughts and opinions do not matter to us, just that things must be prioritized and the direction set. No sense turning on the right turn signal if we may just be turning left ;)

Dave
Thanks Dave!

Oops, sorry, Woof, I misread your meaning, initially. :doh:

(Little known fact: I was once a political blogger, back in the early 'aughts.)
Back when I was 14 in '68 I was co-chair in my county for Minnesota's liberal Dem. Sen. Gene McCarthy for prez; heady times! lol. Main part of job was doing lit drops door to door and store to store in those decidedly low-tech times. Youth and shoe leather!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back