CO - Colorado Springs NAACP chapter bombed

greycoupon

Reaction score
NAACP Chapter Bombing in Colorado Springs Deliberate: FBI

A homemade explosive Tuesday blew up outside the Colorado Springs, Colorado, chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) in what the FBI has called a deliberate incident, reports the Los Angeles Times.

The chapter’s offices, as well as Mr. G’s Hair Design Studios barber shop located inside the building, sustained minor damage from the explosion. No deaths or injuries have been reported.

I'm really not sure why this is not getting more press coverage. Thank g-d the bomber was apparently really inept.

Was the NAACP bombed? I thought the device was planted on the wall right outside of the Barber Shop? It was not planted outside the NAACP office. And all it did was smoke. Nothing blew up, IIRC.

I am not sure it was meant to do any damage nor meant for the NAACP office. JMO

Wow, there's a completely rational, unbiased source. :rolleyes:

And certainly, a barber shop that's been in the building since the late 60s is obviously much more of a target for an attempted bombing than the NAACP. Barber shops being a hotbed of controversy, or something.

greycoupon, thanks for posting. I considered posting it yesterday when I saw there was no thread, but figured why bother, there's a reason the media and no one else are discussing it. :furious:

Oh please. If the MSM thought for one instant they could fan the race flames with this story it would be the lead for a week.

Wow, there's a completely rational, unbiased source. :rolleyes:

And certainly, a barber shop that's been in the building since the late 60s is obviously much more of a target for an attempted bombing than the NAACP. Barber shops being a hotbed of controversy, or something.

greycoupon, thanks for posting. I considered posting it yesterday when I saw there was no thread, but figured why bother, there's a reason the media and no one else are discussing it. :furious:

Of course. Obviously this white man was very upset at the haircut he got at a black barber shop so he tried to blow the place up. Happens allll the time.

The lack of attention just depresses the hell out of me. I really shouldn't be surprised at this point.

Oh please. If the MSM thought for one instant they could fan the race flames with this story it would be the lead for a week.

Well, that sure is a flawed premise. Someone tried to BLOW UP an NAACP office and you don't think this news would fan those "race flames" you are so worried about?

Well, that sure is a flawed premise. Someone tried to BLOW UP an NAACP office and you don't think this news would fan those "race flames" you are so worried about?
Unlike your rush to judgement,my premise isn't flawed at all. The MSM has proven time and again that they savor racial tension stories. So much so that they will omit facts to conjure up such a story( Hello NBC). It creates a rating bump by playing on the fears of viewers.

If it is proven that a white racist "tried to blow up" this office I will bet you your beverage of choice it will be widely covered by MSM.

That is my premise.

If it is proven that a white racist "tried to blow up" this office I will bet you your beverage of choice it will be widely covered by MSM.

Did you even bother reading the linked Newsweek (MSM) article before commenting? It was in the article that it was revealed that the FBI's main suspect was a white man. You're the first person in this thread to use the word 'racist'. Even the NAACP representative quoted said that he wasn't prepared to say that it was a hate crime. So where is the "rush to judgment"?

Did you even bother reading the linked Newsweek (MSM) article before commenting? It was in the article that it was revealed that the FBI's main suspect was a white man. You're the first person in this thread to use the word 'racist'. Even the NAACP representative quoted said that he wasn't prepared to say that it was a hate crime. So where is the "rush to judgment"?
Did you even bother to read the original post I was referring to ? I see it has since been deleted. My point was and continues to be if it is PROVEN to be a hate crime it will be amply covered.

The original post implied it wasn't being covered for nefarious reasons. In light of the media coverage of recent police shootings I find that assumption disingenuous.

In the meantime I will wait on the facts to determine the proper outrage I should display.

Yeah,I wonder if Black Panthers ignited an explosive outside of a Tea Party Rally and FOX reported it if they would still consider it "Fanning the Race Flames"?
Actually 'reporting' is a mild word compared to the shrill cacaphony of 24 hour coverage and commentary and garish screen banners trying to whip up hysteria over 'The Left's' WAR on 'American Patriots' that would surely follow.
Im sure we could count on a tsunami of equivocation explaining why that would be COMPLETELY different.

Did you even bother to read the original post I was referring to ? I see it has since been deleted. My point was and continues to be if it is PROVEN to be a hate crime it will be amply covered.

The original post implied it wasn't being covered for nefarious reasons. In light of the media coverage of recent police shootings I find that assumption disingenuous.

In the meantime I will wait on the facts to determine the proper outrage I should display.

I don't care why or by whom it was done. I'm outraged that a person would take an action that could injure other human beings and (secondarily) destroy the private property of another.

I think it hasn't been widely covered because it is competing with a mass slaughter, while this event didn't result in even one injury. "Could have" might be more compelling if not for the horrific events and dramatic developments occurring in France.

All the news outlets I've been watching the past couple of days have covered this, btw.

I think it hasn't been widely covered because it is competing with a mass slaughter, while this event didn't result in even one injury. "Could have" might be more compelling if not for the horrific events and dramatic developments occurring in France.

All the news outlets I've been watching the past couple of days have covered this, btw.

Maybe, although the Charlie hebdo attack happened a day later than this incident. It seems like outlets only started picking the story up after news spread quickly on social media and indie media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=3]FBI releases sketch of man seen at blast near NAACP office[/h]The FBI and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms also offered a $10,000 reward for information on Tuesday's explosion, which caused only minor damage and no injuries but rattled nerves due to its proximity to the nation's oldest civil rights organization. Federal officials say they do not know whether the NAACP was targeted but are investigating the explosion as a possible hate crime.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/2...sketch-of-man-seen-at-blast-near-naacp-office

Colorado Springs Explosion Suspect: Upset With Tax Prep Business, Not Targeting NAACP
February 20, 2015 11:50 AM

"COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4)- A suspect wanted in an explosion near an NAACP headquarters in Colorado Springs last month has been arrested. The suspect told investigators he wasn’t targeting the headquarters but was upset with a tax preparation business.
Thaddeus Murphy, 44, of Colorado Springs was placed in custody on Friday."​

More...

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/02/20/colorado-springs-explosion-suspect-arrested/

I just saw this on MSNBC ---one quick sentence--that it was not targeting the NAACP.

Interesting, because back in January, I saw an entire 20 minute segment, blasting the media and the conservatives and Fox News, for not giving more air time to the attack on the NAACP. Labeling it as a racist move on societies part.

And now, they make a one sentence announcement and move on.

Yes, I saw it on MSNBC as well. I think they didn't say more because they didn't have more confirmed information to give out. Maybe they will say more later today.

Yes, I saw it on MSNBC as well. I think they didn't say more because they didn't have more confirmed information to give out. Maybe they will say more later today.

Maybe. But I doubt it. It does not fit in with their narrative at all.

Well, well, well. The obvious wasn't so obvious after all. Sad day for race hustlers everywhere .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back