wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Guardian:

The murder that has obsessed Italy
---
On 26 November 2010, Yara Gambirasio, 13, went missing. Three months later
her body was discovered in scrubland nearby. So began one of the most complex
murder investigations in Italian history, which will reach its climax later this year

Lengthy. Great read.

That was "incredible x4." And a dyed in the wool Zanni the nanny, to boot!

Congratulations to Ruggeri & her team. One dogged investigation, no stone left unturned. Impressive determination in the face of rancor - left egg on the face of her detractors.

An overnight bump for this long one -- rare to find quantity and quality in tandem on line like this these days.

An overnight bump for this long one -- rare to find quantity and quality in tandem on line like this these days.

It is rare. Tobias Jones is a very good journalist. What an investigation! Thank you for posting the article.

Guardian:

---
murder investigations in Italian history, which will reach its climax later this year

Lengthy. Great read.
Wow!!! Thanks for posting!

Bumping, as this is a highly recommended read for anyone who missed it!

Bumping again, for, like, people with a bit of time on hand and no objection to reading a lengthy and very interesting true crime thing. You, perhaps.

Guardian:

---

Lengthy. Great read.

That was a great article. I vaguely remember my Italian teacher talking about it a few years ago but I had forgotten about it.

Massimo Bossetti ended up being found guilty and was jailed for life.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/02/yara-gamirasio-murder-massimo-bossetti-dna-evidence-italy-guilty-verdict

One of the most sophisticated murder investigations in Italian history concluded on Friday with the key suspect jailed for life after being caught through a combination of DNA evidence and the revelation of family secrets.

Massimo Bossetti, 46, was found guilty of killing Yara Gambirasio in November 2010 and dumping her body in a field where she was found three months later. The 13-year-old had been on her way home from a gym class in Brembate di Sopra, a town close to Milan, when she was abducted and suffered multiple injuries.

Bossetti, a local construction worker, was sentenced by the Bergamo court to life in prison for the girl’s murder. Judges said he would lose parental rights over his three children, though they did not grant the prosecutor’s request to put him in isolation for six months.

A fairly decent documentary of this case was made and currently is available for streaming on BBC (UK)

Murder in Italy
Storyville

On Friday, 26th November 2010, in the close-knit town of Bergamo, Letizia Ruggeri received a telephone call. It was Maura Gambirasio, a mother whose 13-year-old daughter Yara hadn't come home from the gym. Letizia, who spent years investigating mafia murders in Sicily, thought of her own daughter and promised she would find Yara.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08j8jfn

The path to find the killer by way of genetic testing was so interesting, I attempted to trace it out.
genetics.jpg

Sorry about the pic being sideways. It is upright on my computer and I don't know how to fix it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back