SIDEBAR #38 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
I can't believe we are on sidebar number 38!!

Christmas-buffet-ideas.jpg
link

Continue discussion here...

Please continue posting here:

:winkkiss:

New thread. New thread.
:happydance:

Thank you Harmony and Lamby :blowkiss:

I have dibs on one of those tart thingys with the berry on it. :facepalm:

Sidebar 38- Wow- that number is catching up to my age really fast :groucho:

I was locked out of the old thread before I could post this in response to Curious' post- hope it's okay Lamb!

Curious! You are very wanted and your opinion counts and matters! Please, today was a really tough day, for all of us. This trial is taxing... I thought it was bad last go 'round- boy... was I mistaken! I am working hard to not get sent to bandcamp this time. I thought my head was going to explode at one point today- kidding- kind of! (((((hugs)))))) . See you back here when you feel better~ Your friend~ Frigga

Seems I get mad at myself for investing too much time and emotion into this perversion of a trial. Then, when I discover I'm out of the loop, I'm mad at myself yet again for not paying more attention. Oh...my poor self these days. :gaah:

Seems I get mad at myself for investing too much time and emotion into this perversion of a trial. Then, when I discover I'm out of the loop, I'm mad at myself yet again for not paying more attention. Oh...my poor self these days. :gaah:

I know what you mean! Damned if we do &damned if we don't! I can't be as invested this go round bc I'll either give myself a heart attack or mini stroke. I think it's SICK that overall the jury has only been in the courtroom for 19 or 20 days for this joke of a penalty phase retrial. God bless the Alexanders waiting over 6.5 years now to get #JUSTICEFORTRAVIS

Hi , I am up!! I cant sleep. Thinking of miss priss and all she stands for . I am convinced the transcripts are all about her. Now trying to figure how. If she put her dad under the bus I don't think she'd be as upset as they side she was , she seems mean to him already. I cant say what has she lied about as she lies about everything. I think the jury is really on to her. I expect a decision this time. I always say I don't hate anyone .~ I lie! :laughcry: :jail:

Just as I thought...the judge does not want to release the transcripts even after being ordered she must do so by two higher courts. The SC will hear the issues regarding the closed courtroom/constitutional stuff but in the meantime they have ordered release the the transcripts that were previously ordered released by the appellate court. Sherry will release because she can only get away with this nonsense for so long--but she will do so reluctantly and I admit to being bothered by thoughts of her attempting to come up with reasons to stall on the release.

The transcripts will be released. It's only a question of when. I am concerned about there being a $400 fee assessed to their release. I understand courts often do charge for documents to defray the cost of phtocopies and/or copying to discs. However, this is a case of documents that never should have been placed under a cloak of secrecy. The information requested is information that should have been freely available in real time--instead it was hidden until higher powers intervened and now will be released only if the requesting parties (media, acting on behalf of the public's right to know) can pony up some cash. That feels wrong to me; it feels like an attempt to dissuade peeps from requesting their copy. Expenses accrued due to wrongful rulings are now being charged back to those who stood up for their rights under the Constitution and won. I hate this type of strong-arming. I hate it a lot.

Anyone who scoffs at the constitutional rights of citizens and then ignores rulings of higher courts that uphold those rights should not remain in a position to judge anyone or anything. Sorry folks, I do not mean to offend, but I cannot in good conscience pretend to respect Judge Stephens; I will not curtsy before her simply because she is a judge.

Just as I thought...the judge does not want to release the transcripts even after being ordered she must do so by two higher courts. The SC will hear the issues regarding the closed courtroom/constitutional stuff but in the meantime they have ordered release the the transcripts that were previously ordered released by the appellate court. Sherry will release because she can only get away with this nonsense for so long--but she will do so reluctantly and I admit to being bothered by thoughts of her attempting to come up with reasons to stall on the release.

The transcripts will be released. It's only a question of when. I am concerned about there being a $400 fee assessed to their release. I understand courts often do charge for documents to defray the cost of phtocopies and/or copying to discs. However, this is a case of documents that never should have been placed under a cloak of secrecy. The information requested is information that should have been freely available in real time--instead it was hidden until higher powers intervened and now will be released only if the requesting parties (media, acting on behalf of the public's right to know) can pony up some cash. That feels wrong to me; it feels like an attempt to dissuade peeps from requesting their copy. Expenses accrued due to wrongful rulings are now being charged back to those who stood up for their rights under the Constitution and won. I hate this type of strong-arming. I hate it a lot.

Anyone who scoffs at the constitutional rights of citizens and then ignores rulings of higher courts that uphold those rights should not remain in a position to judge anyone or anything. Sorry folks, I do not mean to offend, but I cannot in good conscience pretend to respect Judge Stephens; I will not curtsy before her simply because she is a judge.

I agree. The Judge said that they were ready for release but now suddenly we have to wait another week. Wanna bet that there will be yet another delay next week? Unbelievable!

Isn't there a motion to dismiss being heard this afternoon...I think at 1-1:30? Does anyone know if there will be any reporters in the courtroom tweeting. Trial by tweet really stinks but, oh well. Waiting for the transcripts.

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
01/09/2015 8:00 AM

01/08/2015

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY TWENTY-SIX

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that on 1/5/15 Exhibits 391-395, 397, 399-406, 408-410,
420, 431-440, 463, 481, 506, 507, 559-561, 563, 568, 572, 600, 623, 624, 633, 645, 646, 648-
652, 655, 680, 687-704, 706-709, 731-733, 736, 738, 740, 741, 758, 761-786, 786.001, 787-801,
242, 242.001, 242.002 and 233 were temporarily released to Defense and returned this date...

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that Defense Exhibit 13, previously admitted in evidence
during the Evidentiary Hearing on Defendant’s Motion to Dismiss is stipulated to be
permanently released to the Court and remarked as Trial Exhibit 802...

The State’s Motion in Limine to Preclude Witness is argued and denied...

John Smith is sworn and testifies.

Defense Exhibit 803 is marked for identification.

The Defense offers Defense Exhibit 803 and it is admitted in evidence...

Defendant’s Motion in Limine to Preclude the State From Eliciting Testimony Regarding
“Work Drives” is argued and denied...

John Smith testifies further...

IT IS ORDERED sealing the transcript of this proceeding from 2:36 p.m. – 2:45 p.m...

4:30 p.m. Court stands at recess until 1/12/15 at 9:30 a.m. in this division..

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012015/m6644902.pdf
--

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
01/09/2015 8:00 AM

01/08/2015

MINUTE ENTRY

This is the time set for Oral Argument on the Media’s Request for Transcripts...

IT IS ORDERED deferring ruling on this Request due to the pending Stay filed this week
with the Court of Appeals.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting Status Conference on this Request on 1/16/15 at
8:30 a.m. in this division.

8:55 a.m. Matter concludes....

Later:

The Court is advised that the Arizona Supreme Court has denied Defendant’s Request for
a Stay. Therefore,
IT IS ORDERED vacating Status Conference on 1/16/15..

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012015/m6644542.pdf
----------------
Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
1/9/2015 005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001) 1/9/2015
1/9/2015 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 1/9/2015

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa....rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Defendant’s Motion in Limine to Preclude the State From Eliciting Testimony Regarding
“Work Drives” is argued and denied.

Which drives are these?? Are they the originals?? Drives are driving me crazy.

Hi YesorNo. It snowing here and sooooooooo cold. Burr. I want to read those transcripts this weekend. What do you think the chances of that are?? Nil?

Just wondering if Nurmi can fight the stay, once again.

Rod Taylor, ‘The Birds’ and ‘The Time Machine’ Star, Dies at 84

Rod-Taylor.jpg

Link: http://goto.glocalnet.net/timemachine/vremeplov/Rod-Taylor.jpg
--------------------

"Rod Taylor, the Australian-born actor who starred in George Pal’s adaptation of H.G. Wells’ “The Time Machine” and in Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Birds,” then decades later made a memorable swan-song appearance as Winston Churchill in Quentin Tarantino’s “Inglourious Basterds,” died Wednesday of a heart attack in Los Angeles. He was 84..."

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/rod-taylor-dead-the-bird-the-time-machine-1201396390/
-------------

The Time Machine Official Trailer #1 - Rod Taylor Movie (1960)

[video=youtube;36UQCZEsY9g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36UQCZEsY9g[/video]

RIP :candle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members