28,000 year old penis unearthed in cave

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A sculpted and polished phallus found in a German cave is among the earliest representations of male sexuality ever uncovered, researchers say. The 20cm-long, 3cm-wide stone object, which is dated to be about 28,000 years old, was buried in the famous Hohle Fels Cave near Ulm in the Swabian Jura.

laun.jpg

The prehistoric "tool" was reassembled from 14 fragments of siltstone.

Its life size suggests it may well have been used as a sex aid by its Ice Age makers, scientists report.

"In addition to being a symbolic representation of male genitalia, it was also at times used for knapping flints," explained Professor Nicholas Conard, from the department of Early Prehistory and Quaternary Ecology, at Tübingen University.

"There are some areas where it has some very typical scars from that," he told the BBC News website.

Researchers believe the object's distinctive form and etched rings around one end mean there can be little doubt as to its symbolic nature.

"It's highly polished; it's clearly recognisable," said Professor Conard.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4713323.stm

20 centimeters = 7.87 inches long

3 centimeters = 1.2 inches wide

No big deal :hand:

Casshew said:
20 centimeters = 7.87 inches long

3 centimeters = 1.2 inches wide

No big deal :hand:

Hmmmm, they ran small back then!

I see they found the The Hohle Fels bird that used to get tossed at one another in anger. I think it's the first recorded evidence of being flipped the bird.

Do I need to :slap: myself again?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back