CA Hallucinatory Three Kings cake probed

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
More than forty people have out of body experiences after California serves them cake laced with drugs

⁍ Cholula's Bakery in Santa Ana was shut down Wednesday after reports started coming
...in that customers were suffering symptoms ranging from nausea to hallucinations.
⁍ Hospitals received so many reports they contacted Santa Ana police
⁍ The exact synthetic compound has yet to be identified but labs are now investigating

Story at DM link above.

How to Make Three Kings Cake (hallucination-optional)

From Patch:

Food Poisoning or Something Else? Investigators Probe Cake Illnesses
Forty people have been sickened by cake sold at 10 local markets with unusual symptoms such as hallucinations.

---
Cholula’s Bakery has a long history of problems including 32 citations over two years for everything from cockroaches and vermin to lack of handwashing supplies for employees. Orange County Health Care Agency closed it on Wednesday, citing cockroach infestation. The “Rosca de Reyes” was delivered Monday and Tuesday, and retailers and consumers were told to throw out any from Cholula’s.
---
Well, the hit single? A-side: "We Three Kings (Of Orient Are)" b/w B-side "La Cucaracha." Can become trippy seasonal favorite.

Pass the dutchie, mon.

Awesome. :lol: Makes me sad I didn't get to make a roscon this year tho. But after moving I can't find my little baby jesus to put in anyway. :(

Could have done with some hallucinogens, too, since my inlaws have been hanging around since before Xmas... :eek:hoh:

Instead of disposing of this particular batch, retailers can just go ahead and mail it to me; will conduct private investigation to get to bottom of things.

Instead of disposing of this particular batch, retailers can just go ahead and mail it to me; will conduct private investigation to get to bottom of things.

Nobody knows what was put in the cake. One idea is they used some sort of cleaning supplies instead of normal ingredients.
I guess I just don't see what exactly is so amusing about a bakery selling people an altered cakes that causes hallucinations and nausea.

Sounds like a little more than dutchie was being passed around. Not cool if you're an unwilling participant, especially if kids are involved.

But, thanks wfgodot, for the blast from the past.

well, since they've had 32 health citations in two years, one can only imagine wtfreak was in the cakes

and, I'm sorry but 32 freaking citations and it took this for the health dep't to close them down?!

Sounds like a little more than dutchie was being passed around. Not cool if you're an unwilling participant, especially if kids are involved.

But, thanks wfgodot, for the blast from the past.

There have been some "willing" participants killed by the synthetic drugs. With the bakery putting who knows what into the cake, it could have ended even worse than it did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back