Woman lost in Walmart lot was drunk on vanilla extract

zwiebel

Reaction score
Seneca Falls, NY state woman Carolyn Kesel was arrested after driving in a strange manner around a Walmart parking lot. She was lost, and couldn't find her way out. And had actually left another Walmart some distance away, intending to drive home, but confusingly, found her way to another store.

Macedon police breathalyzed her, at which point Kesel confessed she was drunk. On vanilla extract.

'Carolyn Kesel, 46, had consumed two hand-sized bottles of pure vanilla extract last Monday... A breathalyzer revealed her blood alcohol content was .26%, more than three times the legal limit.'

The vanilla extract had an alcohol level of 41 per cent. About the same as vodka or gin. Kesel has been charged with felony DWI and is in jail with bond set at $20,000.

My note: I had no idea extracts were alcoholic! But they're so expensive as they're only supposed to be used in tiny quantities, so this must be one of the most extravagant ways of getting drunk in the world, surely?

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2015/01/ny_woman_drunk_driving_vanilla_extract_macedon.html

I did not know extracts were alcoholic either. So I went to my pantry and read the bottles......yep, there it is right there on the bottle.

I've made my own gluten free vanilla extract.
My sister can not have gluten, and she loves to bake.
But the cost of gluten free vanilla extract is way up there.
So I made my own and gave it for Christmas presents.

The recipe is extremely easy - it just takes time to ...well...extract.

What you'll need:
Full Vanilla beans - slit and scrape seeds, keep husk
Alcohol - preferably Vodka (no flavor) - Potato Vodka for gluten free.
(any other vodka would be from grain and then it has gluten)

That's it, put the vanilla beans in the vodka bottle
(may want to take some liquid out to fit beans in)
Let sit for no less than 3 months, but longer for stronger.
More beans, stronger the vanilla. I had about 20 long beans,
put husks/hull in too. Let it sit for about 6 months.
Shake at least once a week, add more beans if need be.
You could scrape beans out and use them only, I added husks.

OMG gag me with some vanilla extract. I cannot even imagine what chugging that would taste like. Did she smell like a cookie factory??

I mean I am joking around about this story, but really, when you think about it, this is just really really sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back