GUILTY MO - Alexis Kane, 14, found murdered at KC water park, 11 Jan 2015

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
99ba07ad-76b2-4626-ab71-d7ad71b476b1_zpsebc0aaa2.jpg

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article6257259.html

“She was one of those kiddos who stood out in a crowd,” said Hayet Woods, principal at the Hickman Mills district school. “She was a great kid.” Just days before the 14-year-old was found dead, she had talked to Woods about how angry and frustrated she was about violence...

Alexis was found dead Sunday afternoon behind the property of The Bay Water Park at 7101 Longview Road, just more than a mile down the road from the school...

Family members last saw Alexis Saturday night when she left with a group of friends to go to the movies on the Country Club Plaza, said her aunt, Shanaya Kane. But then she met up with other friends, and did not leave with those she had initially been with... “She never came home,” Shanaya Kane said.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/27822199/police-investigate-suspicious-death-at-kansas-city-water-park

Kansas City police were called about 1 p.m. Sunday to The Bay Water Park, 7101 Longview Road, on an ambulance call. When officers arrived on the scene, they found Alexis dead with a gunshot wound, lying face down...

Alexis was last seen at a 7-Eleven on Blue Ridge Boulevard early Sunday.

http://fox4kc.com/2015/01/15/crowd-...teens-vigil-angered-there-has-been-no-arrest/

A teenager’s body was found behind a south Kansas City waterpark Sunday afternoon, and her killer has yet to be caught...

A few minutes before the 6 o’clock vigil, a couple dozen people began to make a circle. A few minutes later, the crowd swelled to hundreds of people kept coming in waves, all to support visibly shaken and distraught members of Alexis’ family...

Alexis spent the night with friends on Saturday and they went to a convenience store where friends say she got into a car with two other men. Hours later, her body was found behind the The Bay water park in south Kansas City

Flanked by grieving family members of 14-year-old Alexis Kane, an emotional Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker on Sunday announced murder charges against three suspects in Alexis’ slaying earlier this month.

The suspects — two of them 17 and the other 18 — are accused of beating and shooting Alexis on Jan. 11 and leaving her body at The Bay Water Park in the 7100 block of Longview Road in south Kansas City, just down the road from Smith-Hale Middle School where she attended eighth grade. The defendants are all Kansas City residents. They were identified Sunday as Isaac M. Carter and Ce-Antonyo D. Kennedy, both 17, and Dominic McDaniel, 18. Each is charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article8112579.html

An 8th grader. I hope they are tried as adults and get the maximum.

Did she know them?

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article8112579.html

Affidavits filed in support of the criminal charges do not say how Alexis initially met her alleged killers.

Her friends told detectives that in the hours before she was killed, Alexis was communicating on Facebook with someone identified as “Malik.” The friends also said that they gave Alexis a ride to the 7-Eleven at 10615 Blue Ridge Blvd. after she made arrangements to meet someone there...

After arriving at the convenience store, Alexis’ friends said they told her not to get in a car with the people she planned to meet, but she did anyway. The friends said they tried to follow the car, a white four-door Chrysler that was occupied by two men with dreadlocks, but they lost sight of it.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/27949989/court-documents-possibly-link-carjacking-to-teens-murder

Kevin Moberg, 29, told police his 2013 Ford Fusion was stolen by two men with dreadlocks and an underage girl about 6:30 a.m. on Jan. 7...

Moberg didn't see the two men's faces during the carjacking. However, he saw the young girl, who he says wasn't Alexis, take his keys and drive away, while the two men held him down...

Police found Alexis' body on Jan. 11 at The Bay Water Park. This came one day after police tracked down Moberg's car. And, after a short chase, they also arrested an underage girl and 17-year-old Ce-Antonyo D. Kennedy...

http://fox4kc.com/2015/01/26/three-charged-in-murder-of-14-year-old-alexis-kane-in-court/

The family of Alexis Kane, the 14-year-old girl found assaulted and repeatedly shot in the back area of The Bay Water Park in south Kansas City says they hope prosecutors will seek the death penalty.

The three suspects charged in her murder appeared in court Monday...

“I was hurt because nobody didn’t show any sorry, they didn’t show anything,” LaShonda Kane, Alexis’ mother, said after the court appearance Monday. “In fact, one of them kind of smiled at me so that was, so that was pretty hard to deal with. I don’t see how he thought it was funny.”

:( Senseless. Why would they hurt such a beautiful young lady? I have no words. Just heartbroken for Alexis' family.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article83421227.html

One of three teens accused in the death of a middle school student at a south Kansas City water park pleaded guilty Monday, the day his trial was to begin in Jackson County Circuit Court.

Dominic McDaniel... pleaded guilty to the lesser charges of voluntary manslaughter and armed criminal action. As part of the plea agreement, McDaniel admitted he acted in concert with others.

No sentencing date has been set.

KC man guilty in girl’s 2015 shooting death at water park - March 9th

A Jackson County jury has found a 20-year-old man guilty of involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action in the 2015 death of a middle school student at a south Kansas City water park.

Isaac M. Carter, of Kansas City, was one of three men charged in the slaying of Alexis Kane, a 14-year-old eighth-grader at Smith-Hale Middle School. The verdict Thursday ended a trial that began last week in Jackson County Circuit Court.

One of the other defendants in the case, Dominic McDaniel, 20, pleaded guilty last year to voluntary manslaughter and armed criminal action.

McDaniel and Carter are both scheduled to be sentenced on April 28th.

Jury recommends 25-year prison sentence for KC man convicted of killing girl, 14 - April 12th

A Jackson County jury recommended up to 25 years in prison for Ce-Antonyo D. Kennedy, one of three defendants in the 2015 Bay Water Park death of a 14-year-old girl.

On Friday, Kennedy, 19, was found guilty of murder in the death of Alexis Kane, a 14-year-old eighth-grader at Smith-Hale Middle School. The jury recommended a 15-year sentence for second-degree murder and 10 years for armed criminal action.

A judge will sentence Kennedy on May 31. Prosecutors said they will request that the sentences run consecutively.

Man sentenced in killing of teen at Kansas City water park

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article147436654.html

Isaac M. Carter was sentenced in Jackson County Circuit Court, where a jury in March found him guilty of involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action in the death of Alexis Kane.

A judge sentenced Carter to seven years in prison on the manslaughter charge and three years for armed criminal action. The sentences were ordered to run consecutively.

Dominic McDaniel, 20, pleaded guilty last year to voluntary manslaughter and armed criminal action. He was also scheduled to be sentenced Friday, but the hearing was continued.

7 years? Disgusting. Alexis' family must be so angry. And he'll likely kill again when he's out.

Has a motive been given for this senseless killing?

Her friends were right in their gut feeling, warning Alexis before she got into the car, and then trying to follow the car.

Such a sad case.

Final suspect in Alexis Kane killing sentenced to 15 years

Ce-Antonyo Kennedy apologized to Alexis Kane's family in court, saying that he's sorry for the poor decisions that he made, and telling them that he's "not a bad person," that he's "not a killer, not a murderer."

A jury recommended 15 years for his conviction of 2nd degree murder and 10 years for armed criminal action, which a prosecutor sought to be served consecutively. The judge instead set those sentences to run concurrently, meaning Kennedy would only be in prison for 15 years.

Kane's mother declined to comment following the sentence, as did Kennedy's family. Although he did not get the maximum penalty, Kennedy's sentence is the longest of the three convicted. Issac Carter received only 10 years and Dominic McDaniel got 5 years behind bars for what prosecutors called a brutal killing.

This whole thread is sickening!!!!! first of all I rarely miss news esp. in the 4 state area of AR, OK, MO, and KS and I have nothing of this UGG!!!! and 7-15 years is that all she's worth to our crappy JUSTICE system ..... I'm going to go cry for several hours now at the whole injustice and then I'm going to cry another hour for the next girl they are going to murder because they will!

This whole thread is sickening!!!!! first of all I rarely miss news esp. in the 4 state area of AR, OK, MO, and KS and I have nothing of this UGG!!!! and 7-15 years is that all she's worth to our crappy JUSTICE system ..... I'm going to go cry for several hours now at the whole injustice and then I'm going to cry another hour for the next girl they are going to murder because they will!
I don't understand this, either, Sloane. Is the justice system partially blaming a 14-year-old for making a poor decision by getting into a car with 3 h00dlums? That is not right! Those young men will be out of prison before they're 40 and, yes, they will most likely offend again, as happens so often in cases like this. I feel so sorry for Alexis's family, also. They must be heartbroken for their loved one all over again.

Our country seems to be rapidly losing so many things. Judges are so liberal that they turn loose violent offenders while someone selling pot literally gets 50 years. There is a guy that was shot and killed last night here in Nashville, and you should see what he was arrested for in the last couple of years, one was for attempted murder and it was dismissed because the victim stopped cooperation etc... he should never had been on the streets period.

This poor child's mother must be full of so much sadness, anger, bitterness and hatred, I can't even imagine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back