Found Deceased NJ - Jordan Johnson, 24, Fort Lee, 13 January 2015 *Arrests*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jordan Johnson
jordan-johnson.jpg

Police: Fort Lee resident kidnapped; jewelry, money missing
FORT LEE — Police believe borough resident Jordan Johnson, 24, was kidnapped Tuesday evening and his apartment burglarized. Johnson’s girlfriend, Megan Faulkner, told police the couple lives together at 1275 15th St. in Fort Lee. Faulkner was supposed to meet Johnson in Harlem in the late Tuesday to early Wednesday, borough police said in a news release. But when she arrived, he was not there, the release said. She tried to contact him numerous times but he never replied.

When she returned to their home, she found the apartment ransacked and a large amount of jewelry and an undisclosed amount of money stolen, the release said.
http://www.northjersey.com/news/police-fort-lee-resident-kidnapped-jewelry-money-missing-1.1192542

They seem pretty certain he was kidnapped. I agree that the missing car and ransacked apartment suggest kidnapping, but I wonder why they're sure?

Wonder why she was meeting the person she lives with in Harlem at what some of us would call the middle of the night?

Also, I can find nothing besides versions of the article posted above (which are 50/50 between saying Jordan was kidnapped and that he was reported missing, FWIW). Nothing I can find on FB, blogs, etc. I'm kind of interested in how these two young people have such apparent means. Can any of you super sleuths find anything?

Wonder why she was meeting the person she lives with in Harlem at what some of us would call the middle of the night?

I wondered the same thing. I wonder if it could be as simple as wonky wording... like maybe "meeting" is more specifically that one of them was to pick the other up at work or from a friend's in Harlem at that time. Just speculating, because I also found the wording to be confusing or vague.

When looking at their residence, which appears to be an apt, it seems like its in a rather nice location, cannot imagine someone did not hear anything or see anything. I wonder if they have CCTV, and it also appears there is a large greenbelt right there, I would hope police are searching it. Something seems off to me, but waiting for more info before I speculate to heavily....IMHO

I wondered the same thing. I wonder if it could be as simple as wonky wording... like maybe "meeting" is more specifically that one of them was to pick the other up at work or from a friend's in Harlem at that time. Just speculating, because I also found the wording to be confusing or vague.

The way its worded to me, it sounds like she left the apartment to pick him up in Harlem at a prearranged time. He was not there so she tried to contact him and returned home to find it burglarized and a mess....Perhaps she is lucky she was not there. IMHO

When looking at their residence, which appears to be an apt, it seems like its in a rather nice location, cannot imagine someone did not hear anything or see anything. I wonder if they have CCTV, and it also appears there is a large greenbelt right there, I would hope police are searching it. Something seems off to me, but waiting for more info before I speculate to heavily....IMHO
I've also seen the building described as a high-rise, so it's curious how these alleged robbers/kidnappers got in and out, AND how they weren't noticed by someone.

Not sure I am buying her story

I'm not using my computer and cannot seem to find any information which is really strange, not even the link posted. I will look once I switch back. Additional info from that link

Police are looking for information about Johnson’s car, a black 2013 BMW model 550 Gran Turismo with the license plate X81DYR.

He’d left in that car the night before.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Fort Lee police detective bureau at 201-592-3510.

Not the actual vehicle

2013-bmw-5-series-gran-turismo-1.jpg

Not sure I am buying her story

I'm not either. Just seems really unlikely that two things would have happened on the same night: 1. Her boyfriend was not where he was supposed to be meeting her, away from her apartment, and 2. While she was at that meeting place, he was....what....back home getting kidnapped??

When reading about their building, it seems the walls are concrete between apts, and you hear nothing of your neighbors, however you can hear the people above you....so the only hope of someone hearing something would be the neighbor below hearing something and reporting it. I hope the police speak to the neighbor directly below their apt and see if they hear anything....IMHO
http://www.apartmentratings.com/nj/fort-lee/carriage-house-luxury-apartments_201224421107024/

Their building also has a 24-hour doorman..
This case is hinky for so many reasons. I'm just going to sit on my hands for a bit.

Sorry if I missed it-- do we know what Mr. Johnson's job is? He is young but seems to be doing quite well financially... (But I know things are not always as they appear financially).

Sorry if I missed it-- do we know what Mr. Johnson's job is? He is young but seems to be doing quite well financially... (But I know things are not always as they appear financially).

I was wondering the same thing.. haven't been able to find anything yet..

Hmmmm...... Not sure I'm buying her version (IF it is her version and not just sloppy reporting). The whole Harlem but missing from Ft. Lee thing is hinky.

Hmmmm...... Not sure I'm buying her version (IF it is her version and not just sloppy reporting). The whole Harlem but missing from Ft. Lee thing is hinky.

It's so frustrating that often-times we cannot tell whether a person's story doesn't make logical sense or the reporting of the story doesn't make logical sense...

New Jersey Woman Reports Boyfriend Missing, Apartment Ransacked
Johnson's sister, Jacqueline Taylor, said the messages said things like "meet me here" and "ride with me," but they didn't seem like they were coming from Johnson. "Whatever it was, she knew it wasn't him," Taylor said. "She didn't feel like it was him." After waiting in Harlem, Faulkner told police her boyfriend was nowhere to be found. She said she tried unsuccessfully to contact him several times.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...issing-Apartment-Theft-Police--288586191.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back