GUILTY MI - Melissa Mitin charged in death of newborn, Okemos, Dec 2013

melissasmom

Reaction score
Melissa Mitin is scheduled to stand trial for the 2013 asphyxiation death of her newborn daughter. Mitin hid the pregnancy, gave birth in a bathroom and put the infant in a trash can where she subsequently suffocated.
While free on bond ($5000 bond?! for murder?!)Mitin became pregnant again. She was seen by her ob at 35 weeks, but did not go to any appointments after that and did not go to a hospital to give birth. She had a hearing in family court yesterday (1/13/15) regarding the status of this newborn. She showed up for the hearing, no longer pregnant, but did not have the baby with her. She said she "cannot recall" where the baby is. Testing determined Mitin gave birth about 3 weeks ago.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2015/01/14/okemos-woman-missing-infant/21754593/

Where on earth is the second baby? And she lives with her parents? The Court sure didn't anticipate this very well. 5K bond? It sure seems a lot of people have some answering to do.

There is no reason any of this should have happened. She look psychotic to me in her picture. So Sad.

I have several questions about this 1 - $5000 bond? Really... 2- if she was living with her parents how did it escape them that there was no baby and she was no longer pregnant? Given her past history wouldn't that be a topic of concern?!?!

I have several questions about this 1 - $5000 bond? Really... 2- if she was living with her parents how did it escape them that there was no baby and she was no longer pregnant? Given her past history wouldn't that be a topic of concern?!?!
Her parents were not aware of her second pregnancy,she hid it from them.

This is tragic, baffling, and ought to have been prevented. If they can chemically suppress the libidos of RSO's, surely they can mandate hormonal birth control for someone imbalanced enough to suffocate a newborn. I hope for the sake of humanity that whoever had unprotected sex with her didn't know what she had just been incarcerated for.

She should be sterilized...sorry, but she should.

It has been reported today that a 24 year old Michigan resident has been arrested in connection to the "dumpster baby".

In regards to Melissa --- LOTS of details that are not being released. After speaking to someone close to the case, I can assure you that this one is going to hit the news BIG time when it all comes out.

It has been reported today that a 24 year old Michigan resident has been arrested in connection to the "dumpster baby".

In regards to Melissa --- LOTS of details that are not being released. After speaking to someone close to the case, I can assure you that this one is going to hit the news BIG time when it all comes out.
Any word on when it might all come out? I just have sooooooo many questions about this case! It's tragic it happened once, but twice?!?!

I am getting ready to go on vacation tomorrow and will have limited internet access. If there is a major development in this case, I would appreciate someone messaging me as I will definitely check email daily even if I'm unable to access Websleuths. :tyou:

My understanding from the conversation I had with this person is that - they are currently looking for someone closely connected to her who has since relocated, she is pending a psych eval, and that several other things should come out in the next few weeks.

Saw this article today

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/woman-killed-newborn-baby-missing-cops-article-1.2079210

Quote from article: "We've never had the sex talk when they were growing up," Deborah Mitin testified last year, according to the Journal. "You know, from our church upbringing." Deborah Mitin is Melissa's mother. She is a lawyer here in the Lansing area.

Edited to add this additional comment from Deborah. Her reaction after she found the dead infant in the trash can: “ I... couldn’t grasp what my eyes were seeing,” she said, according to the newspaper. “And then I said to Melissa, ‘Did you have sex?’ And she said, ‘I was forced to. I was raped.”

Really, lady?! You find a dead newborn in a trash can in your home, and that is your first question, did she have sex? Well, DUH. What is wrong with these people?

The thing I find interesting is that both of her parents - and her sibling are very well educated. She herself was attending MSU. This isn't a "dumb" family

I agree that this isn't a stupid family. Which makes me think that they are hiding some important information.

My understanding from the conversation I had with this person is that - they are currently looking for someone closely connected to her who has since relocated, she is pending a psych eval, and that several other things should come out in the next few weeks.

I recall reading on the thread in the missing discussion that the father (or believed father of both babies) is from the Middle East & he has recently traveled back to where he is originally from. They (Melissa & the babies father) had met at MSU- as I had read (I'll go find the link). Is there any possibility that the baby is with him? I realize that taking a newborn through customs etc. would prove to be tricky, but I'm so hopeful that the baby is safe & being cared for some where...
I guess I'm wondering if the father of this baby might have anything to do with the baby's disappearance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall reading on the thread in the missing discussion that the father (or believed father of both babies) is from the Middle East & he has recently traveled back to where he is originally from. They (Melissa & the babies father) had met at MSU- as I had read (I'll go find the link). Is there any possibility that the baby is with him? I realize that taking a newborn through customs etc. would prove to be tricky, but I'm so hopeful that the baby is safe & being cared for some where...
I guess I'm wondering if the father of this baby might have anything to do with the baby's disappearance?

Apologies- I don't know where I got the info that the father was from the Middle East - I swear I read it somewhere but now cannot find it. [emoji16] I also can only find info in the missing discussion that says Melissa & father met at MSU & it is know who the sweet baby girl's father was - who has passed, but I'm not sure it is know who the father is of the missing baby boy.
Again apologies for my crazy post that has no MSM to back it up. [emoji16] I'm going back to just quietly reading & thinking...

I also read a MSM article that said the father was from Saudi Arabia
Apologies- I don't know where I got the info that the father was from the Middle East - I swear I read it somewhere but now cannot find it. [emoji16] I also can only find info in the missing discussion that says Melissa & father met at MSU & it is know who the sweet baby girl's father was - who has passed, but I'm not sure it is know who the father is of the missing baby boy.
Again apologies for my crazy post that has no MSM to back it up. [emoji16] I'm going back to just quietly reading & thinking...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back