New DNA phenotyping can put a face to unsolved crimes

Use of this technology...

The bodies of 25-year-old Candra Alston and her 3-year-old daughter Malaysia Boykin were found inside their home at the Brook Pines Apartments in Columbia on Jan. 9, 2011.

"We're very hopeful this composite could be the thing that prompts someone to come forward," [Mark Vinson, a cold case investigator with the Columbia, S.C., Police Department] said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/19/new-dna-technique-could-put-face-on-unsolved-double-murder/

That;s amazing, but kind of creepy too.

I think there will be more & more advancements in the realm of DNA.

This latest development in the link in post #1 is remarkable!

Let's hope it solves some unsolved murders!!!

Those composite pictures all look the same but the people are very different... But the features were pretty spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there will be more & more advancements in the realm of DNA.

This latest development in the link in post #1 is remarkable!

Let's hope it solves some unsolved murders!!!
The amounts of DNA available certain to be factor. No court admissibility but great investigative tool when have zero to go on..unidentied persons can see more help with age sex etc available .thank you defense dept hum that is curious development from intelligence agency thou.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

The technology is interesting but in its infancy. Several DNA sites predicted some of my facial traits; all were totally off. They explained that with my genome, 95% of people would have such-and-such eye color, but I was in the 5% who had a different one.

As of today, I think that the best chance for those studying the case of double murder linked here would be to find and test the remaining 50 suspects.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back