GUILTY NC - Brayden Ray, 15 mos, dies of head trauma, Leland, 15 Jan 2015 *Arrests*

LAMARQ

Reaction score
http://poststar.com/news/local/form...cle_c1112aca-9e7c-11e4-93ac-6b9378f00a8c.html

A four-time felon who formerly lived in the Glens Falls area and his girlfriend were jailed in North Carolina on Friday after the woman's child was seriously hurt, according to police and media reports.

Albert D. Morgan III, 35, formerly of Fort Edward and South Glens Falls, and Angel M. Ray, 33, formerly of South Glens Falls, were arrested in Brunswick County, North Carolina after Ray's 16-month-old son suffered severe head injuries, according to media reports in North Carolina.

Morgan is accused of assaulting the child, and Ray is accused of lying to police when she told them the infant was hurt when he fell off a bed, according to a report in the Star-News newspaper of Wilmington, N.C.

The child has since died. The mother is pregnant. Ties to my area and family posting the mother didn't lie to police, was just telling them what her boyfriend told her happened. I just don't understand why women knowingly leave their children with known felons. I'm assuming murder charges will come.

Did you hear the 911 call at link?

Also the first thing this guy posted on facebook after being released from jail is "they let the animal out the cage!"

RIP little Brayden.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Biological father speaks out:

As soon as he learned Braydon was seriously injured, Brown drove down to North Carolina — and he made it there in time.

“I was lucky enough that God gave me the opportunity to get down there and be with him. To hold him, just one more last time,” he said.

Brayden died from his injuries on Saturday. An autopsy is pending, and North Carolina police said more charges may be pending.

“The way he just constantly smiled. Such an easy-going little boy. The hardest part is just knowing that he just started walking, never got the chance to learn how to walk. And I’ll never be able to throw a baseball with him or take him fishing or do the things that dad’s do with their children,” said Brown.

More at link: http://news10.com/2015/01/20/father...r-alleged-abuse-in-north-carolina-speaks-out/

sbm

See comments at ^ link. Name w initials VV, works at BB, posted ~ 8 hrs ago.

FWIW, says she was at hosp when baby was brought in, describes mom's & bf's actions there.

RIP, little baby. Sad, sad, sad.

After that breach of confidentiality, she has volunteered her last day, I would say.

Obituary. Calling hours 1/30/2015. RIP Little Angel.

SOUTH GLENS FALLS — Brayden Christopher Ray, 15 months, was taken away and placed in the arms of the Lord unexpectedly Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015.

Born Oct. 19, 2013, in Glens Falls, he was the son of Craig Christopher Brown of Stillwater and Angel Marie Ray of North Carolina.

Brayden was a happy baby who loved his dog, Lance.

He enjoyed waving and smiling to everyone with his little open hand.

Brayden also loved John Deere farm tractors.

http://poststar.com/lifestyles/anno...-bc2c-6f64a02b4797.html#.VMbv0whkGAM.facebook

May 2016:

Trial likely later this year in murder case that involves former South Glens Falls man

http://poststar.com/news/blotter/trial-likely-later-this-year-in-murder-case-that-involves/article_1afc3e30-e888-5acc-bba2-806557f0b2ea.html

The former South Glens Falls man who was arrested last year for allegedly killing his girlfriend’s 15-month-old son in North Carolina is expected to stand trial later this year.

Albert “Dave” Morgan III, 36, remains in jail in Brunswick County, North Carolina, charged with first-degree murder and intentional child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury in connection with the Jan. 17, 2015 death of Brayden C. Ray.

Brunswick County Assistant District Attorney Lee Bollinger, who is prosecuting the case, said he anticipated a trial would be held by the end of the year, though no date had been set as of late last week.

“We have had some plea discussions, but I think we are too far apart. A trial is my expectation,” Bollinger said.

I'm not sure if a trial date has been set at this time.

Still no trial date in former local man's murder case

http://poststar.com/news/local/still-no-trial-date-in-former-local-man-s-murder/article_e94b0e13-ae69-5ef3-b4d8-3827ba6327fa.html

Albert “Dave” Morgan II, 37, remains in the county jail in Brunswick County, North Carolina, charged with first-degree murder for the January 2015 beating death of 15-month-old Brayden Ray.

Morgan, who was on parole, was living with Brayden’s mother, Angel Ray, at the time, and allegedly killed the boy when the mother was not home.

Angel Ray was charged because she lied to police as they investigated her son’s injuries. She pleaded guilty to accessory after the fact to child abuse, a felony, in September 2015, and agreed to testify against Morgan.

There has been no trial date set in Morgan’s case, but the Brunswick County District Attorney’s Office was ready for trial when the court directed that the case be tried, said Lee Bollinger, the Brunswick County assistant district attorney who is prosecuting the case.

Morgan’s lawyer, Michael Ramos, is one of just a few court-appointed lawyers in eastern North Carolina who has been designated to handle first-degree murder cases, and he has been assigned a number of them around North Carolina, Bollinger said. That caseload has, in part, resulted in the delays to bring Morgan’s case to trial, Bollinger explained.

He said there had been no recent discussions to resolve the case without a trial.

Where the case is headed has been unclear for months. Repeated calls to the Brunswick County District Attorney’s Office and Morgan’s lawyer have not been returned. The prosecutor who was handling the case for more than two years is no longer with the office. He had said last spring that a trial would be held by the end of 2017.

But Morgan, 38, has no court dates set going forward.

http://poststar.com/news/local/more...cle_acb7e29a-0530-50f7-91c1-a25c9b1b0076.html

Trial date set for former local man accused of killing child, fund set for father

https://poststar.com/news/local/trial-date-set-for-former-local-man-accused-of-killing/article_b54ebddf-0d53-5e23-a2b9-6087cdbfb032.html

More than three years after a former South Glens Falls man was charged with beating his girlfriend’s son to death, family members finally know when a trial will take place in the eastern North Carolina town where the killing occurred.

Albert D. “Dave” Morgan is scheduled to stand trial in Brunswick, North Carolina District Court starting on Aug. 27 for the murder of 15-month-old Brayden Ray, who prosecutors have alleged was viciously assaulted before he died in January 2015. Morgan has pleaded not guilty to felony charges of first-degree murder and intentional child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury.

Man pleads guilty in Leland infant's death
Morgan pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree murder and one count of intentional child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury, according to the release. Special Superior Court Judge J. Stanley Carmical sentenced Morgan to between 30 years, five months and 37 years, six months in state prison.

In an interview days after Brayden died, Brian Ray, the boy’s uncle, said doctors compared the child’s injuries to “the damage ... equivalent to a 10-mph car accident.” During Friday’s sentencing hearing, according to the district attorney’s office release, prosecutors presented a report from Dr. Sharon Cooper stating Brayden was a victim of Battered Child Syndrome.

NC man pleads guilty to murder in death of girlfriend's toddler
Angel Ray previously pleaded guilty to accessory after the fact and will have a sentencing hearing in August or September.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back