AL AL - Mont Highley, 33, Macon County, 28 Nov 2003

stormonster

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Missing since 11/28/03

I know some of his family and this is really strange.

"Thirty-three year old Mont Highley the Fourth was supposed to meet his father Saturday morning at their hunting cabin just off I-85. He apparently made it to the cabin Friday night, but no one has seen him since, and a number of clues left behind seem to point to foul play. "

Story here

I hope I got the link right. Any thoughts? Please keep this family in your prayers.

Thanks

My first thought was that he drove the car a little ways and left it to make people think he had been kidnapped or something. Then he took the golf cart as a getaway, maybe thinking that people wouldn't notice it missing so soon. He expected to get pretty far but got stuck and had to take off on foot. Maybe he was meeting someone? I don't know, just my first thought. There was a case a couple of months ago, where a man about the same age, with a wife and kids, just disappeared while driving home. I think he left his car somewhere along the highway where it would be found. He was eventually found wandering in a small town. Seemed as if he didn't want to be found. His family searched for weeks, I believe. I'm thinking this happened in Alabama or somewhere around there. I could be wrong. Wonder if he heard about this and got an idea...

I hope he hasn't met with foul play.

I remember that story. Seems like his name was Richard something. He was injured when they found him.

This guy's wallet and rifle were in the truck two miles from the club. His cell phone, shirt and pistol were 4 miles away with the cart.

My first thought was that he ran upon something late that night that he wasn't supposed to. I'm of course thinking he saw something drug related or whatever and then something happened to him.

The golf cart doesn't make sense though because it was kept at the hunting club not in his truck so if he were alone how did both vehicles get where they were? Did he see someone trying to steal the cart and follow them, have a confrontation, something bad happened, and then whoever drove him off in the cart?

He has no children and wasn't married.

I'm stumped and of course his family is devastated.

Could he have driven the truck, abandoned it, and walked back to get the golf cart?

I know I'm reaching but I'm trying to imagine a scenario where he might be o.k.

This is an odd story. The golf cart, to me, looks like whoever had it had to abandon it quickly (maybe because others were coming?). Since he left his shirt there. This is a very odd case.

I hope for everyone's sakes that he just needed some time alone and that he comes home soon.

Ok Storm you know this family, give us some background on Monty. Whats his history? Job history, criminal history something...there's more to the story..............

Hi,
It's been so long since I've talked to his family members that I should have said I know of the family. His dad is a highly respected Dr. and his sister and bil are really nice. I don't know anything about Mont himself. I asked my dh the same questions when I heard about it and he said that there didn't seem to be any wierdness with him.

Macon county is know for drugs and I think that he ran upon something going on.

I'm trying to get a handle on who saw him last. It is reported that he was last seen at the hunting club but I heard early on his dad said that "apparently" he beat him to the hunting club Friday night. There are too many questions but gut feeling tells me foul play.

I do doubt he was kidnapped for ransom though. Who kidnaps a 33 year old man for ransom? JMO of course. We would have heard by now.

We had a guy from work disappear last year. He was found weeks later wandering in a big city (2 hours away) with no shoes, identification, glasses, etc. He didn't k now who he was or what happened to him. He just "lost" a couple weeks. His vehicle had not been found last I heard.

Maybe Mont wandered off, doesn't seem likely though. I dunno, sorry if I seemed more "in the know" than I am. It's just a wierd case and everyone around here knows someone related to him. That's Alabama for you.:D

I'll let you know when the gossip trickles down. Have a great day.

His posterhttp://www.dps.state.al.us/public/abi/system/missing/details.asp?id=4982&type=Adult

His dadhttp://www.baptistfirst.org/Doctors/FindADoctorResults.cfm?astname=H

Unbelievable that one of the last places that he was at the Hunting Trailer is also being used for the search headquarters. So much for contamination of evidence.

I think Mont was involved in something a little more innocent than shooting a rabbit out of season.

Someone followed him out to the trailer......

Macon County, Alabama
Body May be that of Missing Man who Disappeared Last Year
Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version

Forensic tests will determine if a body found inside a silo in rural Macon County was that of a man who disappeared in the same area in late November.

Major Ken Hallford of the Alabama Bureau of Investigation said a landowner made the grisly discovery yesterday. He said the body of a white male was found in a silo near where 33-year-old Mont Highley the Fourth went missing.

Highley disappeared near his family's hunting trailer on a 300-acre site off Interstate 85 in Macon County on November 29th.

His vehicle was found abandoned two miles from the trailer with his keys and wallet inside.

Highley was the subject of a five day search by hundreds of volunteers and law enforcement officers.

Article courtesy of WTVM.com Columbus, GA

Highley Family Awaits Forensic Test Results on Body

Ever since news broke that a man's body had been found in Macon County Wednesday, investigators have wondered whether it might be that of Mont Highley IV. Highley's family tells CBS 8 News they don't want to comment on this discovery until the identity has been confirmed. In the weeks since his disappearance, his family has stopped at nothing to find him, hopefully alive. The search started in late November when Mont Highley the Fourth was last seen and hasn't stopped since. Family members and friends immediately fanned out throughout western Macon County in the hopes of finding the man many call "little Mont." His father, a Montgomery doctor, led the way. "As long as they don't find him dead, I'm going to be optimistic," Mont Highley III told CBS 8 News last month. Days have turned into weeks -- and although Highley's truck was found, there was no sign of him. Four wheelers, tracking dogs even a helicopter found no trace. That's when his family raised a reward in the case from 10-thousand, to 15-thousand to 50 thousand dollars and shifted the search from these woods to the highways. They handed pictures out to truckers to get his face out nationwide. On New Year's Eve, a prayer vigil was held at a Macon County church in the hopes that Highley would be found safe in the new year. If you have information in the case, call the Macon County Sheriff's Department or the Alabama Bureau of Investigation at (334) 242-4128
http://waka.com/

I just heard on the news that the man has been identified as Mont Highley. He was discovered in a grain bin near Tuskegee. So sad for this family.
I'd move the thread to located but I don't know how!

Mont Highley IV
December 19, 1969 - November 28, 2003

You will not be forgotten, Mont, rest in peace precious man.

Praying for justice for you and peace for your family, Lanie

This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

I think that LE believes he was murdered, blueclouds. There are some articles popping up here and there. Here is one, that is in an earlier post

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?s=1601744

Also, there are matches on yahoo, and you can check back for more as the investigation continues, it will be the same link, with more matches as news becomes available

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p="Mont+Highley+IV"&fr=fp-tab-web-t&n=20&fl=0&x=wrt

OR

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p="Mont+Highley"&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-tab-web-t&cop=mss&tab=

If the feds are investigating, chances are good they believe his to be a case of homicide. I copied the article Doyle posted, if anyone wants it, PM me.
Blessings, Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back