Magnotta files Appeal, Hearing for Appeal on Feb. 18th, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

No_Stone_Unturned

Reaction score
MAGNOTTA TO APPEAL - NEW TRIAL:

**Please shoot me now**

tumblr_mhqqy7mXMo1qbq6hyo1_500.gif

The documents filed by Toronto-based lawyer Luc Leclair state Quebec Superior Court Justice Guy Cournoyer erred in a number of instances.

"The verdicts are unreasonable and unsupported by the evidence and the instructions," one of two motions filed by Leclair read.

-------------------

ETA:

I'm so upset I forgot the darned link:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/newsalert-magnotta-appeal-convictions-seek-trial-202501683.html
Documents made public by the Quebec Court of Appeal on Monday outline several reasons for Magnotta's attempt to have the five convictions annulled , including the one for killing Lin.

One motion is a direct appeal of the convictions based on questions of law and could take many months to be heard.

tsar-bomb-o.gif

In the second, Magnotta is seeking leave to appeal on questions of "mixed fact and law" which will require the authorization of the province's highest court to go forward.

Why am I not in the least bit surprised ?? :rolleyes:

MONTREAL - Convicted killer Luka Rocco Magnotta wants a new trial for the murder of Chinese student Jun Lin, saying his conviction was "unreasonable and unsupported by the evidence."
In his appeal request, Magnotta said Cournoyer "(confused) the issue of intent, planning and deliberation in relation to first-degree murder."

Really Luka ???

vimeo_1lunatic1icepick_15thMay2012.jpg

Magnotta also claims the judge failed to properly instruct the jury about the insanity defence and wrongly limited questions Magnotta's lawyer could ask in response to Crown rebuttal witnesses.

Magnotta accused Cournoyer of refusing to dismiss juror 14 despite "a reasonable apprehension of bias."

*The juror worked for a meat company co-owned by a Montreal police officer.
The officer's boss is married to Det.-Sgt. Claudette Hamlin, a lead investigator in the Magnotta case.*

:thinking: ......................................... :scream: :gaah:

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2015/01/20150119-153933.html

i would have thought the only grounds for appeal he'd go with would have been "ineffective counsel". :giggle:

What a farce.

MOO

This is beyond disgusting. Another Jodi Arias narcissist.
What is this appealing? He killed J.L. all on a very disturbing video for the world to see
that he was the producer, director
sound editing peron of.

What is there to appeal?

Go to general population in jail and there will be no appeals.

He's not appealing to get out. He's appealing to get the NCR designation. He just doesn't want to be in prison. He wants to be in a psychiatric facility. It's apparent from the things we researched and the doctors who took the stand why.

Anyone know where he is right now? It's been less than a month and he's already appealing so I can imagine how much he hates his new digs.

But I really see LeClair's hand in this. He's a "different" sort himself. Who is paying him? I thought a convicted felon had to apply for funding for an appeal?

MOO

Of course he wants NCR. I asked when the verdict came down where is was placed. I think one person said he'd still be in Riviere des Prairies?????????? But really, who knows? He-he.....I guess his "roommates" know!:jail:

If this gets NCR.......I really will have lost faith in our system. Geez Louise.....:tantrum:

Come to think of it - why is his whereabouts being kept so quiet? We all knew/saw on the TV Bernardo being taken to Kingston.

What a mess!!

:lol: Sorry.....no consolation! :lol: :lol:

:floorlaugh:

I thought one item in that article was interesting.

At one point after his arrest, Dobson was asked by a psychiatrist if he would have carried out the murders if there was a police officer standing in the room.

At least in that one it appears that the psychiatrists questioning him had the right idea. Probably because he didn't invoke his right to remain silent. Which makes it even more obvious that LM was quite aware of what he did and that it was wrong.

Anyway...LeClair and the judge had an "unusual" relationship during the trial. No doubt this appeal is more of an attack by LeClair on the judge than LM's idea. LeClair was obviously taking a running total of the appeal issues he was going to raise right through the trial.

I'd still like to know who approved the funding for LeClair to launch this appeal? Who is paying him?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member