GUILTY OH - Doyle, 88, & Lilian Chumney, 79, Tuscarawas County, 21 Jan 2015

Who kidnaps 2 really old people?!
I await more info but sounds suspicious already :thinking:

TUSCARAWAS COUNTY, OH (WOIO) - A missing adult alert has been issued by the Tuscarawas County Sheriff's Office statewide. Officials are asking residents to be on the lookout for two missing adults.

Crime scene investigators spent the day inside the couple's home on Bodmer Avenue, gathering evidence after Doyle and Lillian Chumney's daughter called police for help.

"She advised us she was at her parent's home. The house had been ransacked. Her parents weren't there. Also, the car was missing," said Chief Bob Kutcher, of the Strasburg Police Department.

Investigators spent the day collecting evidence. (Source: WOIO) Investigators spent the day collecting evidence. (Source: WOIO)

The couple's car is also missing. (Source: WOIO) The couple's car is also missing. (Source: WOIO)

Doyle Chumney. (Source: Tuscarawas County Sheriff's Office) Doyle Chumney. (Source: Tuscarawas County Sheriff's Office)

Lillian Chumney. (Source: Tuscarawas County Sheriff's Office) Lillian Chumney. (Source: Tuscarawas County Sheriff's Office)
TUSCARAWAS COUNTY, OH (WOIO) - A missing adult alert has been issued by the Tuscarawas County Sheriff's Office statewide. Officials are asking residents to be on the lookout for two missing adults.

Crime scene investigators spent the day inside the couple's home on Bodmer Avenue, gathering evidence after Doyle and Lillian Chumney's daughter called police for help.

"She advised us she was at her parent's home. The house had been ransacked. Her parents weren't there. Also, the car was missing," said Chief Bob Kutcher, of the Strasburg Police Department.
There were no signs the house had been broken into. The couple was expected to pick up their son and take him to the airport, but never showed.

Their garage door was left up, but neighbor Louisa Anne Withers says it's always that way. There was something else though, that didn't seem right to her last night.

"It seemed unusual that the whole light in the kitchen was on. Generally, there must be a sink right there, and that light above the sink is on, but last night the whole kitchen was lit up," explained Withers.

Investigators have said they don't think the couple left their home by their own free will.

Neighbors are brought to tears now just looking at the house surrounded by police tape.

"I feel so bad. I think something is wrong," added Withers as her voice trailed off.

Doyle Chumney is described as a white male, age 88, 5'6" tall, weighs 150 lbs., has gray hair and brown eyes.

Lillian Chumney is described as a white female, age 79, 5'2" tall, weighs 110 lbs., has gray hair and blue eyes.

The vehicle involved is a cream 1986 Pontiac Parisienne with OH plate number EXF9647.

Call or dial 911 if you see the adults or the vehicle.

What kind of sicko preys on the elderly?????

This doesn't look good. I hope by some miracle that they are alive and okay somewhere but I doubt it. Very, very sad.

Why? Why would somebody kidnap pensioners?

Burglary gone very wrong? Or somebody stands to make money from it?

Thank you for the updates. I've been in bed wth the flu, but this is not the updates I wanted to read.

This is so sad!!!! :(
RIP Doyle and Lillian!

There have been several recent cases on WS with elderly couples slain...
Shirley and Russell Dermond of Eatonton, Georgia
Shirley and Charles Severance of Sterling, Colorado

The Severance case, the grandson and grandson's girlfriend are on trial for their murders.
The Dermond case has not been solved yet.

I don't understand the Evilness of this.
Horrible!!!
I hope Justice is served in all these cases.

"BAKERSVILLE, Ohio -- The 1986 Pontiac Parisienne belonging to Strasburg, Ohio missing couple Doyle and Lillian Chumley has been found near Bakersville.

It was located on Adams Township Road near Route 244.

Law enforcement officials have confirmed that the Pontiac had been burned out by the side of the road.

Late Thursday, Strasburg Police Chief Robert Kutcher confirmed that the bodies of the couple were found inside the car.

Car, bodies of missing Strasburg couple found http://on.wkyc.com/1BMd0y5 via @WKYC"

Doyle & Lillian Chumley.jpg

This is very sad. I wish they would share the reason the family immediately thought kidnapping. It looks as though they lived in a modest home and drove a 28 yo vehicle so I wonder what kidnappers thought they would gain. The only reason I can even imagine is maybe the daughter believed someone in the family may have profited something by taking them. Just strange.

JMO

How awful and heartbreaking. May they rest in peace.

I think the family suspected kidnapping immediately because of the condition of the house. I'm not sure though.

This is very sad. I wish they would share the reason the family immediately thought kidnapping. It looks as though they lived in a modest home and drove a 28 yo vehicle so I wonder what kidnappers thought they would gain. The only reason I can even imagine is maybe the daughter believed someone in the family may have profited something by taking them. Just strange.

JMO

I found that to be very bizarre also.

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and village police are investigating the disappearance of Doyle and Lillian Chumney.The home of Doyle and Lillian Chumney has been declared a crime scene.The home of Doyle and Lillian Chumney has been declared a crime scene.

Joe Mizer
TimesReporter.com staff writer
Posted Jan. 21, 2015 @ 2:46 pm
Updated Jan 21, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Looking out her front door, Betty Menapace could see the yellow crime-scene tape that surrounded the home of her neighbors and friends, Doyle and Lillian Chumney.

She watched as numerous police investigators entered and exited the two-story, white frame house in the 300 block of Bodmer Avenue on Wednesday.

Police don’t know exactly what has happened to the Chumneys, except: They are missing.

“In a small town like this, it’s scary,” said Menapace, as she reflected on what she was told by police, who interviewed her Wednesday.

The disappearance of Doyle, age 88, and 79-year-old Lillian Chumney has prompted a nationwide search for the couple — and their car.

Village Police Chief Robert Kutcher said the Chumneys' house appears to have been ransacked, and police believe the couple were taken against their will.

The crime is believed to have occurred sometime between 11:15 p.m. Tuesday and 6 or 7 a.m. Wednesday.

The couple’s disappearance has Menapace extremely concerned for their safety and about their unknown whereabouts.

Regarding the Chumneys, Menapace said, “They’re very nice people, lovely people. You just

Read more: http://www.timesreporter.com/article/20150121/News/150129860#ixzz3PbXlIeBa

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back