OK - 'Fake joint' photo costs teacher job

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
The story at Daily Oklahoman link below.

Oklahoma teacher out of job after fake-joint photo circulates
Miami Assistant Superintendent Randy Darr declined to identify the teacher, but did acknowledge he has seen the photograph.

A first-year Miami School District teacher is no longer employed by the district after a photograph, which appears to depict him rolling a fake joint in a classroom, landed on a social networking site.

The teacher, who also serves as a coach, appears to be in a classroom at a desk with another person nearby. He is wearing a blue coaching shirt with the letter “M” visible. In the photo is an empty spice bottle with the spices scattered on a piece of rolling paper. The man is seen licking a rolled piece of paper. Also an object with the word “coach” is on the desk.
---
The image has been retweeted 1,409 times and listed as a favorite 2,439 times. The caption for the photograph is “My teacher taught us how to roll joints in class – Miami, Oklahoma.”
---

We don't smoke marijuana in muskogee

Am I the only one who totally thought this mention joint... as in body joint? :giggle:

We don't smoke marijuana in muskogee

As a true-blue Okie from Muskogee, I can assure you that smoking the "herb" has been going on it Muskogee for many decades. Now the drugs are much more hardcore.

I do love Merle's song, though. As a kid I thought a song about Muskogee was pretty darn special.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back