"Bizarre déjà vu time loop" traps UK man

I can't stop the feeling that I've read about this before? :waitasec:

the article says he started uni in 2007 and references his current age as 23 so was he 15 when he first went to uni or did they publish a date/age error?

anyway, I have no doubt it's his anxiety taking another form but I can see that being a viscous cycle ... deja vu is incredibly unsettling for me & having it frequently would probably land me in hospital too

I think 23 probably refers to his age in 2010 when he was assessed by the authors, not his age in 2015

A 23-year-old White British man presented with a form of persistent déjà vu in 2010, approximately 3 years since symptom onset.

We present the case of a 23-year-old White British man who presented with persistent déjà vu in 2010. He reported experiencing these symptoms since early 2007 shortly after starting university.
http://www.jmedicalcasereports.com/content/8/1/414

The article doesn't say whether he's been having these symptoms ever since 2010 or if the authors ever saw him after that so the 8 years in the article in the OP might be a journalistic addition unless they interviewed the authors for extra information. There are a couple of quotes that are not from the article so maybe they did.

Poor guy. Every day is just same old same old.

If this is caused by anxiety, I wonder if they've given him anti-anxiety medications. The article does not specify which medications were tried in 2008.

I can have deja vu several times in one day but have no history of seizures or any excessive anxiety, etc. I never felt trapped in a time loop or that the feelings last longer than a few minutes. Then I may not have it for several weeks or have one deja vu in a couple days. Strange. I never saw it as a problem, though.

Wait, did Wfgodot not post this in November, October, Aout, and June as well? Or is my memory not what it used to be?

I've told this story a couple of times before on this board, but it's always entertaining to me, and I'm sure some here haven't heard it before.

Back when I worked at the hospital pharmacy there was one night we were horrendously busy. Pharmacists were entering stacks of orders into the computers. Techs would grab the order after the pharmacist had entered it into the computer and fill it. Then another pharmacist would check the order and put it on the counter next to me I'd tube it up to each floor.

During all of this craziness a blond girl who worked there (no offense to blonds here, but she was the stereotypical blond) shouts "I'm having a menage et trois!" Everybody stops doing what their doing and stares at her quietly. I go: "OK, when?" She looks around the room at everybody staring at her and goes: "What's the word for when you've experienced something before?" All at once everyone in the room says "Déjà vu!" in unison. She says: "What did I say?" Nobody says anything and we turn around and go back to work. The girl standing next to her whispers in her ear and she says: "Ohhhhhhh!"

:laughcry:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back