Dad of alleged racist bullies loses his job

zwiebel

Reaction score
The father of twins who are alleged to have bullied a young, adopted African-American girl, has lost his job.

In desperation, the bullied Minnesota girl's father, Brad Knudson, posted a Youtube video asking her alleged tormentors and their father to'own' what is happening, which received over a million views. He said he adopted her 11 years ago, and that his daughter's friends had recently alerted him that his daughter had received snapchat messages calling her the n word, along with other insults about being fat etc.

Knudson did reach out to the school, then to the father of the kids he says were doing the bullying - and received a 6 minute call back from the father, Derin Puro, about being a n - lover...and other racial insults. Puro's employers, financial firm KMSP, have confirmed he no longer works for them.

' “It just dawned on me that I can’t have this hanging over us on my daughter thinking the worst and something could happen,” Knudson said in the video. “I just want him to own it … and his twins that go to high school as a freshman, they can own it, too.” '

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ged-snapchat-bullies-loses-his-job/?tid=sm_tw

seems like that just sets up for more bullying with the dad losing his job...doesn't seem like it resolves any issues between the kids or the parents.
I totally get why a contracted company wouldn't want the bad publicity or the potential for harassment at work...but again, not sure how this really resolves anything

seems like that just sets up for more bullying with the dad losing his job...doesn't seem like it resolves any issues between the kids or the parents.
I totally get why a contracted company wouldn't want the bad publicity or the potential for harassment at work...but again, not sure how this really resolves anything

Agreed.

This is horrendously complicated - the alleged bullies' dad, says he was drunk when he made the call to the dad of Dee Dee (the bullied girl). And the bullied girl Dee Dee used the N word herself in a media interview, and has really upset her parents.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...shes-child-learning-used-racial-slur-too.html

I saw this on one of the morning shows yesterday...(somehow my DVR turns itself to CBS around 2:30 am...so it must have been there) but as I recall, the young girl used the N word in one of her snap chats, but said it means something different - contextually. The dad said (in effect) no it doesn't.

Think the kids involved are about 13, 14? That is young enough for them to sort things out and really turn around, given the right guidance.

Drunken adults are unlikely to be much help though, I think.

Maybe the dad of the bully twins will have a wake up call and discipline his children. Teach them some compassion.

Doubt it though.

Beautiful family.

Surprised this is happening in Minnesota.We get up to the Twin Cities often and one thing you notice right away is how many mixed race couples and groups of young people you see out walking around. It seems like such a different place than many other areas. But there are exceptions to everything I suppose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back