Chilliwack, B.C. MELANIE THOMSON, 36, last seen Sept/2010

dotr

Reaction score
rbbm.

"MELANIE THOMSON

Thomson is classified as a missing person, but police are hoping someone has information can help track down her whereabouts or what happened.

Thompson moved to B.C. in her 30s and was last seen in September of 2010 in Chilliwack. At the time, she was 36 years old and had been living in a women’s shelter in downtown Vancouver.

Thomson had previously gone for long periods without contacting her family, but as time passed her family became concerned that something more serious had happened.

She had gone by different names, such as Bernice Wiseman, Melanie Erekosima and the nickname Kenya. She is black, 5-foot-5, with a medium build and curly black hair."

http://mediareleases.vpd.ca/2010/12/01/missing-person-2/

http://www.nampn.org/cases/thomson_melanie_joy.html

"Missing Since: Early September 2010 from Vancouver, British Columbia
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: August 31st, 1974
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Race:Black
Distinguishing Characteristics: Medium build.
AKA: Bernice Wiseman
Case Number: 10-167044

Details of Disappearance
Melanie Joy Thomson, who also uses the name Bernice Wiseman, was last seen in early September 2010 by staff of her housing program in Vancouver, who
subsequently reported her missing at the end of September 2010. Thomson has had previous long periods of no contact with friends or family in which she has travelled extensively across Canada.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Vancouver Police Department
(604) 717-2530 "

Could this be the work of the Fraser Valley killer.... ? Fits his MO... possible sex worker that was staying in Vancouver's downtown east side. There is a large time gap, maybe the killer was locked up for a different unrelated crime. Impossible to tell until she is found.

Wrong sk, thinking you might mean this unknown killer?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-believe-unknown-killer-behind-b-c-deaths-1.570133
VANCOUVER - Once again, RCMP in British Columbia's Fraser Valley are looking for a serial killer responsible for the murders of at least three sex-trade workers from Vancouver's Downtown Eastside. Robert Pickton was once thought to have been responsible for their 1995 deaths, but police have since determined he's not the one and on Tuesday asked for public help to track down an entirely different serial killer.
The bodies of Tracy Olajide, Tammy Pipe and Victoria Younker were found in remote areas of the Fraser Valley, east of Vancouver, between August and October of that year.
Investigators believe the killer may have lived or worked in the rugged areas between Agassiz and Mission where the women were dumped, perhaps visiting the region to hunt or fish, or while working in the forest industry or for corrections.

They also say the suspect's red four-by-four vehicle was likely scratched or damaged during off-road forays to dump the bodies, and he likely wrapped the victims in some type of weathered yellow rain gear before disposing of the remains.

Yes. that is the guy. Police have some DNA and a red paint chip, interviewed close to 200 suspects with nothing so far

The women in '95 were dumped on forest service roads in Mission, there are also TONS of forest service roads in Chilliwack. You can get from Mission to Chilliwack via these FSR's. (I live in Vancouver and camp in both of these areas off FSR's frequently). A lot in common going on here.

not sure if it is the same guy, but I am referring to this ..

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/police-pursue-vancouver-s-other-serial-killer-1.605357

This is intriguing, wondering if anyone can figure out what those yellowish specks could be?
Top of my head thought is could it be imprints of burlap, after reading in the LISK thread,( Long Island Serial Killer, of similarly vulnerable women) speculation, imo.

From your link..
rbbm.
But to narrow down the suspect list police need to solve certain mysteries. They want to know exactly what a set of tiny yellow flecks that were found in the crime scene are.

They want to know who had a red four by four that could have navigated the rough terrain in the Valley. McCarl says a fleck of red automotive paint is connected to the killer.

They also showed a set of zap straps that are like one the killer would have used.

On top of that, the team of detectives constantly goes over the patterns of interactions that the victims and the suspects may have had to find new leads.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 144
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...ton_not_the_killer_in_bc_cold_cases_rcmp.html
Robert Pickton not the killer in B.C. cold cases: RCMP

A tip line is launched as the RCMP create a profile of the killer responsible for three B.C. slayings dating from 1995.
VANCOUVER—Once again, RCMP in British Columbia’s Fraser Valley are looking for a serial killer responsible for the murders of at least three sex-trade workers from Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
Robert Pickton was thought to have been responsible for their 1995 deaths, but police said Tuesday he’s not the one and they’re asking for public help to track down an entirely different serial killer.
The bodies of Tracy Olajide, Tammy Pipe and Victoria Younker were found in remote areas of the Fraser Valley, east of Vancouver, between August and October of that year.
Police have long suspected the three women were killed by the same person who dumped their nude bodies in remote locations near Aggasiz and Mission, but 15 years later police are at a loss to say who that person is.

Staff Sgt. John Cater said investigators hope the renewed media coverage of the women’s deaths will prompt someone to come forward with information, particularly people connected to the sex and drug trades who may have been reluctant to speak with police 15 years ago.
rbbm.
attachment.php

Attachments

• naseria.jpg
    naseria.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 112
Intriguing for sure. That yellow material looks like some sort of tarp, but thicker... I want to look into construction materials, logging job materials etc., maybe the killer worked within those roads, or maybe he is familiar with them from camping, or hunting.

Intriguing for sure. That yellow material looks like some sort of tarp, but thicker... I want to look into construction materials, logging job materials etc., maybe the killer worked within those roads, or maybe he is familiar with them from camping, or hunting.

Have seen that type of imprint after foolishly washing small, cheap carpet in washing machine-- flakes of hardened glue maintaining weave of under carpet? speculation.

Very interesting. Very. I know exactly what you are talking about. I wonder how long the bodies were there before they were found? I also wonder if they have had those pieces tested for materials?

From the quick looking around I did it seems as though most of industrial tarps are PVC, but still have a woven like texture (see image).
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-11-23 10_46_09-18oz pvc lumber tarps-18oz pvc lumber tarps-SUQIAN XINBAO TARPAULIN CO.,LTD..png
    2016-11-23 10_46_09-18oz pvc lumber tarps-18oz pvc lumber tarps-SUQIAN XINBAO TARPAULIN CO.,LTD..png
    472 KB · Views: 104
Bumping
Assuming this is not the same MT?, but imagine the stories might be similar, imo, speculation.
Sex Trafficking Survivor Melanie Thompson On Why FOSTA-SESTA Is So Important
"Melanie Thompson is a sex trafficking survivor who helped pass laws aimed at protecting trafficking victims from being sold online.

“I was kidnapped at the age of 12. And I was brought into the sex trade, locked in an abandoned house behind a closet and forced to do everything from street prostitution to underground strip clubbing and then eventually the internet,” she explained. “For years, maybe up until this point, I struggled with feeling like I was less than, you know, dehumanized. I always lived in this constant victim state and state of paranoia and state of feeling like I didn’t amount to, you know, a lot of the people that were around me.”

75% of sex trafficking survivors since 2004 report being sold online."

The yellow flecks appear similar to the rip-stop material used for large waterproof storage bags. We have some in blue. They have zippers and handles, and now that I look at them they would be a good option for concealing and transporting a body. :( Ours are in blue and red but they might have been sold in yellow by other manufacturers.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/Queen-Mattre...459R7/ref=psdc_10671064011_t1_B01HDU7R7I?th=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back