WA - Christina E. Booth, 29, Stabs her Three Young Kids

PastTense

Reaction score
A Washington state woman accused of stabbing her three small children may have been overwhelmed by the demands of caring for a 2-year-old toddler and 6-month-old twins while her soldier husband was frequently deployed, police said Monday.

Christina E. Booth, 29, was arrested early Sunday at her home on suspicion of attempted murder, said Lt. Jim Costa of the Police Department in Olympia, Washington's capital. Her children were stable after surgery at a hospital a half-hour away in Tacoma, he said.
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...e-mother-accused-stabbing-3-kids-was-stressed

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview....sed-of-slashing-throats-of-her-three-children

A Washington state mother is facing attempted murder charges after she slashed the throats of her six-month-old twins and their toddler older sibling, all of whom were expected to survive, Olympia police said on Monday.

The mother, 28-year-old Christina Booth, told police in an emergency call on Sunday that her twins and two-year-old were crying and she could not get them to calm down, Olympia Police Department spokesman Jim Costa said.

Her husband, a U.S. Army soldier based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, then came onto the phone and told police the children were bleeding from their necks and needed medical assistance at their home in the state capital, Costa said. The father has not been implicated in the attack, Costa said.

The U.S should have child care programs for single mothers of 3 young babies whom husbands are fighting for this country. Because 3 kids that age while hubby is away or about to be sent away can be very stressful. Jmo

The U.S should have child care programs for single mothers of 3 young babies whom husbands are fighting for this country. Because 3 kids that age while hubby is away or about to be sent away can be very stressful. Jmo

I agree. I have a 4 year old, 2 year old, and 1 year old. The younger two are only 363 days apart. I'm on my own in the Spring and Fall when my husband is farming around the clock. It's hard now, but it was impossible when I had a newborn and a 12 month old. I get chills just remembering it. I cried all of the time. The youngest wasn't planned. I was in a very ugly place. It's still not easy. Two babies are really hard. This lady basically had 3. The twins were only 6 months old. Postpartum psychosis, without a doubt.

Poor kids. Poor family. :-(

I agree. I have a 4 year old, 2 year old, and 1 year old. The younger two are only 363 days apart. I'm on my own in the Spring and Fall when my husband is farming around the clock. It's hard now, but it was impossible when I had a newborn and a 12 month old. I get chills just remembering it. I cried all of the time. The youngest wasn't planned. I was in a very ugly place. It's still not easy. Two babies are really hard. This lady basically had 3. The twins were only 6 months old. Postpartum psychosis, without a doubt.

Poor kids. Poor family. :-(
Iam glad to hear that you are hanging in there. Baby swings and alvin and the chimpmunk cartoons will keep your little ones occupied all day long. They just love the singing of the chimpmunks. This will buy you some time to do you. Hopefully once your 4 year old starts pre school, you will have more time too. Good luck.

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/cr...accused-of-trying-to-kill-daughters/22393181/

Police said Booth told them she cut her daughters' throats with a kitchen knife. Investigators said Christina Booth repeatedly said, "They will be quiet now."

Detectives also said Booth told them her husband, Thomas Booth, is annoyed by the crying and rarely helps care for the children.

Thomas Booth told an Olympia police investigator his wife is stressed and is on medication for postpartum depression.

http://www.wnem.com/story/27945957/court-papers-mom-says-she-stabbed-kids-to-keep-them-quiet

Booth said he and his wife had watched a movie at home Saturday night and each had two large glasses of wine. He described his wife as sufficiently intoxicated that she was slurring her words...

In talking with the woman's husband and neighbors, detectives have been getting a picture of a family in stress, Olympia police Lt. Jim Costa said earlier. Neighbors told investigators that Booth had a "bubbly" personality, but she had no break in dealing with her little ones.

"I'm sure there probably was frustration, friction in the household," Costa said. "A lot of dynamics pushed her over the brink."

She was part of our local Buy Nothing Olympia group, a group in which neighbors give gifts of items they no longer have a need for. One of my friends, an admin of the group was actually Facebook friends with her and had met her and her husband before. She said they both seemed very nice and upbeat. It just shows you don't truly know what happens behind closed doors. This is very sad, stress, alcohol and antidepressants are a terrible mix. It makes me wonder if the husband *made* her remove the crying children like she stated, or if that was a perceived annoyance and she was making her job harder on herself. If dad truly cannot handle them crying, it makes me wonder what the permanent placement for the kids will be?

I'm surprised at all the comments in support of this woman. Yes, parenting is hard and some situations even harder than normal, but what she did is wrong and unforgivable. Stress is not an excuse for murder (which is what I believe she intended to do.)

February 2015:

The 28-year-old Olympia woman accused of cutting her three children’s throats pleaded not guilty to three counts of attempted child murder in Thurston County Superior Court on Tuesday morning.

Christina E. Booth was arrested in the early hours of Jan. 25 and is being held at the Thurston County Jail in lieu of $3 million bail. Judge Anne Hirsch set her trial for the week of March 30 at the hearing.
http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/crime/article26107630.html#storylink=cpy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back