NAMUS Link: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11826/0

Doe Network Link: http://doenetwork.org/cases/2763dfil.html

TABultema.jpg

Trista Ann Bultema
Missing since May 16, 1999 from Hazel Crest, Cook Co, Illinois

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 20, 1971
Age at Time of Disappearance: 27 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Left calf muscle is missing. Scars on left elbow. Fractured jaw in 1991.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Trista Bultema was last seen with her boyfriend in Hazel Crest, IL.

Tristan's sister has posted on another page I frequent. She is looking for assistance in her search. I'm sure especially those of you who have been in her shoes and have missing loved ones might be good people for her to connect with. Cubby, I know you've got experience dealing with Cook County. So I'm sending her an invite and letting her know this thread is here, and any and all input is appreciated.

The Oak Lawn Police have finally released her DNA into the NamUs database. They would like for me and my brother to submit ours, not until I see that proof it has been submitted. I seriously do not understand what gives them the right to wait 16 yrs to submit it.! I strongly do not understand why they didn't bother investigating. Opened May 26, 1999 closed in July 1999.. Attorney General will be called if that fails I'm going to get a lawyer!! I pray we find her to bring her home!!
Sincerely,
Lynn Clemens

Bump.

I do find it strange that LE seem disinterested in her boyfriend, Mike Langman. After all, he was the last person to see her and has a criminal record, including theft, drugs and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Not exactly someone whose word you would trust without close scrutiny. He also seems part of a violent wider family as his brother was booked for domestic violence and assault earlier this year. Obviously one cannot blame someone for their relatives, but in this case there seems to be a family pattern.

So why the lack of LE interest? The only explanations, other than corruption or incompetence, can be that either they know something they have not released publicly or they have an interest in keeping Langman free. Perhaps those with more knowledge can shed some light?

The Charley project states she has a history of suicide attempts, I hope she can be found. Here is a article about her when she was 15, sad.
View attachment 162551

Very interesting and good find. I want to add that this article is from 24 Sep 1986, Wed. just to get some insight.

What about her boyfriend Mike (Michael?) Langman....Was he ever asked what happened back in the days...? Isn't it strange that, being his girlfriend, somebody he supposed to care for, never added anything to any story. Or did I just missed that?

In search of the wherabouts of Trista, this was posted by her sister on Facebook in 21 september 2017.

So y'all I guess this journey will continue when I return in Nov. If anyone has been keeping up. Please encourage the ones who know any info on Trista Bultema missing since May 1999

In the POLICE report it states She was seen with her very abusive boyfriend Michael Langman in a blue Jeep at Amaaco Gas station with bruises on her face with her left ear scratched up on or around May 12-20th.....1999

He never reported her missing. May 12-June 9th 1999 She was LAST SEEN at Larry Saints in W 161st Markham IL Trista and Michael Langman got into an argument Trista Bultema was told to leave Michael. Langman went after her, returned with her bags threw them away in the trash a few mins later removed them from the trash and NEVER SPOKE OF HER NAME AGAIN.. Handed my mother Trista Bultema drivers lic on June 9 1999 and told my deaf mother she thinks she should call the police.

Any info to please Call Sgt. Jason Moran (708) 865-6244 Thank you

@Rjb2020# welcome to WS, I am so sorry it's under these circumstances, I wish you all the best in your search for answers. There are a great bunch of people here and I know some can help you. Happy to have you here

The Oak Lawn Police have finally released her DNA into the NamUs database. They would like for me and my brother to submit ours, not until I see that proof it has been submitted. I seriously do not understand what gives them the right to wait 16 yrs to submit it.! I strongly do not understand why they didn't bother investigating. Opened May 26, 1999 closed in July 1999.. Attorney General will be called if that fails I'm going to get a lawyer!! I pray we find her to bring her home!!
Sincerely,
Lynn Clemens

Yes Lynn this Randy ur brother they better find her I agree we should get a lawyer and Sue the hell out of them ofter all theses yrs wtf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back