Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Heather Elvis murder suspects' bond hearing delayed by one hour
Posted: Jan 29, 2015 7:07 AM EST
Updated: Jan 29, 2015 3:37 PM EST

CHARLESTON, SC (WMBF) – The bond hearing for Tammy and Sidney Moorer is now scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. Friday morning in Charleston.

WMBF News will have cameras in the courtroom and is live-streaming the proceedings on WMBFNews.com.

The hearing was originally scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday morning, but according to a clerk for Judge Markley Dennis, it was moved to 10 a.m. Friday morning instead.

The discovery provided not only contradicts the State's representations at the initial bond hearing, but further establishes that Sidney Moorer could not be legally convicted of the crimes charged.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27970...-suspects-bond-hearing-set-for-friday-morning

https://twitter.com/wmbfnews

WMBF News will have cameras in the courtroom and is live-streaming the proceedings on http://www.wmbfnews.com/

54c7f2994ce28.preview.jpg

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1156385#.VMt7xtLaEyJ

WPDE NewsChannel 15 ‏@CarolinaLive · 2m2 minutes ago
No phones are allowed in the courtroom so @CourtneyGriff_ will not be able to live-tweet from the #HeatherElvis hearing at 10 am (tweet 1/2)

Ok I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but how can cameras be allowed in the courtroom (live) if there is a gag order which prohibits the media from knowing things??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carolinalive.com will also be live streaming the bond hearing.

They interviewed a 'random' local defense attorney:

"In reconsideration bond, the rules of court require that there be a substantial change in circumstances from the prior denial of bond in order for a judge to consider overruling either his decisions or a previous circuit court judge decision," he said.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1156385#.VMt1AGjF_C4

DH saw this interview and was telling me about it and I was giving him that look :eek:hwow: when he knows something about this case that I didn't.

Trying to imagine what change in circumstances could have happened? Maybe a spouse has turned on the other one?

Delayed one hour, oh ok I can wait.

If I saw till Monday I would have Flipped Out.

Trying to imagine what change in circumstances could have happened? Maybe a spouse has turned on the other one?

I feel it has something to do with all the discovery that the defense attorneys have now received.

They are going to say there isn't enough evidence to convict Sidney. But Tammy's attorney may be saying the same thing.

It isn't going to work though and I think bond will be denied again.

I have always had the feeling Tammy was the murderer and Sidney helped cover it up.

I really doubt that theory any longer. It would do more harm to whoever would "turn". I think they will most likely stick to their not guilty stance. Plus, since they are married, they wouldn't have to testify against each other.

I really doubt that theory any longer. It would do more harm to whoever would "turn". I think they will most likely stick to their not guilty stance. Plus, since they are married, they wouldn't have to testify against each other.

:tantrum: Just keep them locked up! The community is safer with them behind bars.

Ok I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but how can cameras be allowed in the courtroom (live) if there is a gag order which prohibits the media from knowing things??

The gag order prohibits LE, prosecutors, and defense attorneys from talking to the media. Whatever happens inside the courtroom is fair game. Only grand juries are kept secret.

I feel it has something to do with all the discovery that the defense attorneys have now received.

They are going to say there isn't enough evidence to convict Sidney. But Tammy's attorney may be saying the same thing.

It isn't going to work though and I think bond will be denied again.

I have always had the feeling Tammy was the murderer and Sidney helped cover it up.

BBM

This may very well be the case. The only thing LE has released so far is circumstantial evidence and threatening text messages towards Heather.

Not saying that this can't prove guilt, but I surely hope they have substantial DNA or other trace evidence in their pocket.

If, and this is a big IF... IF they are granted bond, they will remain under close watch with tracking devices and LE will be monitoring all their activities. Also, the gag order would remain in place so that they cannot talk IMO.

Sorry if this has been asked, but do we know why this is in Charleston?

Do we know if the live feed will have sound?

Looks like Marshall Staton is tweeting from the hearing again. He did a great job last hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member