Is there a competition in posting missing person's cases...etc?

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
I'm curious.... Is there a (possibly unspoken) competition in post cases like missing person's cases? The thought of that the other night. Do people hold grudges because of that? What do you think?

You would win ANY competition, Los. Hands down! You are the most prolific poster of initial threads on WS that I know.

Yes!! Los wins thread starting and OkieGranny wins updates!

Keep it up, guys!

:winner:

I'm curious.... Is there a (possibly unspoken) competition in post cases like missing person's cases? The thought of that the other night. Do people hold grudges because of that? What do you think?

Huh? I don't get it. ( If anyone holds a grudge, they're obviously an idiot. Jmo )

Thanks for all the threads.

Yes. dear Los, let us know what is on your mind. I don't think that we are picking up on whatever hostility/competition to which you refer.

No, I don't think there are grudges from who posts the most or whatever. :) We are all in this thing together and the important thing is we know what is going on in the world around us. It is great people bring the news here to share and keep the missing in the public eye. Every time we discuss a case...the victim's story is out there for others to see. You guys do an excellent job! Thank you.

Competition is in the heart of the poster. I suppose it's like two car drivers who find themselves beside one another at an intersection; some of those drivers will compete to be the first across, even when the other driver is completely oblivious to the competition.

So if you feel that there is a competition, then there is one, even if you have no competitors.

I'll be honest. Starting threads is not my favorite thing to do. Resizing the image and all that, it's kind of a PITA. Generally, I see a new case in MSM and I think, oh, Los will get it, and he usually does. I rarely start any new missing persons threads these days, unless a case seems so dire that it demands to be brought to you guys STAT.

There was a brief period this past summer where Los didn't seem to be posting much of anything for a while and I tried to step up and fill in. But that was hard work, man! Much harder than I prefer, lol. I'm happy and very relieved that he's back up to speed and continuing to do what he does so well.

The threads I do start are usually in other forums — Crimes in the News, Cold Cases, Missing But Not Forgotten, stuff like that.

The work I enjoy most is bringing fresh info to an existing case. I'm just a busy little worker bee, pollinating the threads, hoping conversations will grow.

Love ya, Los! No competition here. Just working side by side as far as I'm concerned.

Wow....I wasn't trying to start anything. It just kind of popped in my head and this is my first time posting here, I thought I'd ask. I hold no grudges and care about and love this site and everyone that's here. :)

This is just funny.
[video=youtube;ve39dP7KXns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve39dP7KXns[/video]

Oh, I'm sure no one took offense. I think it's great having a chance to talk amongst ourselves a little, away from a thread where we have to stay on topic. :)

I don't know if there is a competition or not, but I do know that every time I come to post a new MP article, someone has beat me to it. LOL
:floorlaugh:

Yep, that would be Los, lol. I'll search, nope, no thread yet, get my post all ready to go, picture and all, and then run one more search just to be sure before hitting the Post button (as I finally learned is a smart thing to do!), and find that Los has just posted it. Beat me by a minute, two minutes, gah...

:bowdown:

I love you all for what you do, and contribute.

Love,
Aunt Roses

I don't sense anyone holding grudges about people posting something first. But I can understand now how a reporter gets excited and could jump the gun on a breaking news story without quite having the facts together. If I find a story I cannot find a thread on here @ WS, I get excited to be the first poster. But sometimes I think it is because I am relatively new. And while I am checking my facts, you los2188, beat me to it! But that is fine, I love your threads and have learned a lot by following your example. You and Okiegranny are the best!

I'm quite new to this site and I don't know anyone...yet. Needless to say I don't particularly work on missing person cases on my own time, I'm not sure why someone would bother competing in this kind of thing, seems kind of psychotic. It is an achievement to solve cases, but like everything else, it is nothing to brag about.

I LOVE knowing that a new case will be posted pronto by Los! I'm convinced it's his full time job! I think I've only gotten there first two or three times, if that, and I was shocked! :eek: I will admit that it made my minute and I happy danced,:happydance: but no competition or grudges from me. I'm just grateful. :loveyou:

I LOVE knowing that a new case will be posted pronto by Los! I'm convinced it's his full time job! I think I've only gotten there first two or three times, if that, and I was shocked! :eek: I will admit that it made my minute and I happy danced,:happydance: but no competition or grudges from me. I'm just grateful. :loveyou:

I don't know. But i think OkieGranny is the thread starter master. Lol. She tends to have new threads on tap. Lol.

Much obliged.

I don't know. But i think OkieGranny is the thread starter master. Lol. She tends to have new threads on tap. Lol.

Much obliged.

She certainly does. But Los is the one who always gets to the cases I decide to post just ahead of me. We must read the same news. My motto: Wait and hour and Los will do it! :D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brentr
Back