NM - Toddler, 3, shoots mom, dad, cops say

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
New Mexico toddler shoots pregnant mother, father, police say (Fox)

A three-year-old New Mexico boy shot both of his parents after reaching into his mother’s purse for her iPod, authorities said Saturday.

Albuquerque police say the toddler fired one shot hitting his father in the right buttock. The bullet went out of his hip and hit the woman, who is eight-months pregnant, in the arm.

The shooting occurred in a room of America’s Best Value Inn, police said.
---
more at link

http://www.abqjournal.com/534611/news/two-shot-at-ne-abq-motel.html

3-year-old shoots parents in NE Albuquerque motel
Albuquerque Journal
By Ryan Boetel / Journal Staff Writer
UPDATED: Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 8:00 pm
PUBLISHED: Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 3:05 pm

"The 3-year-old boy fired one shot, which struck his father in the right buttock. The bullet went out of his hip and then hit the woman, who is eight months pregnant, in the arm, said Albuquerque Police Department officer Simon Drobik, a spokesman.

The family, which also includes a 2-year-old girl, was living in the room at America’s Best Value Inn near Menaul and University where the shooting occurred, Drobik said. The man and woman each confirmed the story, but the two children won’t be interviewed until a later date because of their age. A 9mm handgun was found inside the motel room."

More...

I read so much more into this story & it is maddening on many levels. Two adults in the room & a kid goes into the purse for the device? The purse that also contains a loaded pistol & is within reach of small children. Toddler shoots mom & dad, there is a 2 year-old sister, mom's almost due with another child & they are living in a hotel. Gun, Ipad, ordering pizza. Girlfriend. Boyfriend. Government housing voucher? Food stamps? Temporarily down on their luck or is this a lifestyle? <modsnip> Parenting classes. And, able-bodied people working.

Rich or poor, people need to keep guns away from children !!!

Fortunately, my folks didn't keep handguns in the house. But if I had gone into my mother's purse--even when I was three--I would have needed a handgun to survive!

How does a kid mistake a gun for an ipod anyway? Parents are lucky this wasn't worse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back