Identified! TN - Robertson Co., Burned human remains, Feb'15 - Amy Murphy

I will be anxious to find out more about this one. They sure didn't give much information in this initial story.

What is up with so many burning of these human bodies here lately? I don't usually click on these, because they give me nightmares. :(

The Robertson County Sheriff’s Office was called to investigate. Agents with the Robertson County Sheriff’s Office did confirm it was charred human remains. Due to the nature and scope of the scene, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation was called in to assist in the investigation. The T.B.I has specialized equipment and investigators trained to deal with this kind of a situation.

A secondary scene (pictured right) near the road has also been taped off. No information has been released as to how this second area is connected to the investigation at this time. When asked if foul play was suspected police said, “It’s under investigation.”

http://www.smokeybarn.com/body-found-in-adams-sunday-morning-tbi-investigating/

Breaking News!!ring.jpg Do You know this ring?

NASHVILLE – Special Agents with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are asking for the public’s help in identifying an item found at the scene of a death investigation this week.

At the request of 19th District Attorney General John Carney, TBI Special Agents, in a joint investigation with the Robertson County Sheriff’s Office, responded to a scene where a burned body was found on February 1st. The deceased individual was found in a field off Highway 76 in Robertson County, near the Montgomery County line. During the course of the investigation, agents found a ring near the body. While the identity of the deceased individual has not yet been determined, agents are hoping someone might recognize this item found at the scene.

Anyone recognizing this ring is encouraged to call the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

https://tbinews.wordpress.com/2015/...elp-in-identifying-ring-found-at-crime-scene/

Am I understanding correctly that the witness who called for help saw actual fire? She said it looked like a burning log. Was the victim actually on fire? That means the witness came on the scene VERY soon after the fire started.

And it was so wet looking, as if it had been a drizzly early morning. The roads were wet and the grass moist. Not conducive to a burning fire. Makes me wonder if an accelerant was used on the victim's body.

Am I understanding correctly that the witness who called for help saw actual fire? She said it looked like a burning log. Was the victim actually on fire? That means the witness came on the scene VERY soon after the fire started.
It is difficult to tell if the victim had already burned and the area around the charred remains were burning when seen by the witness. However, it would seem it had not been very long between the event and the body being found.

The only thing I can imagine for the uptick would be cold temps? - IF the fires & deaths were accidental and the victims were either homeless or on hallucinogens, the latter being especially unlikely, IMO.

I can think of very few cases when a victim's body was burned out in an open area like a vacant lot or behind an industrial park. A body could lay there for years unnoticed, but if you set one one on fire and anyone sees the smoke, they almost always call fire-rescue.

Very strange.
Is there a certain victimology of those who are emolated (sp?) or whose killer(s) try to burn them?

Why do killers usually burn victims? JMO - to "erase" easily & quickly identifiable physical features (face, fingerprints, clothing); to cover up injuries, sexual molestation & actual COD; and I don't know psychological reasons.

I've just today started trying to catch up on the Chumney case -- the elderly Ohio couple who apparently were robbed and then taken from their home; their car was found burned, with their bodies inside. I've not yet caught up in the thread, but I THINK (from a peek ahead) that suspect/s are traveling around the country, at large...?* Could they have something to do with this?

WS thread about the Chumneys: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...scarawas-County-21-Jan-2015&highlight=chumney

*ETA: And not only at large, but committing crimes (armed robberies) in Georgia, South Carolina, West Virginia, and possibly Kentucky I believe.

The one (of the three on this spree) who is wanted in the Chumney murders (another suspect in that case is already in custody) is now on the FBI Most Wanted list. I hope this link will lead to his information there:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/murders/@...cted-uid=d336716f-c798-4dd1-9592-212b32c031b9

The only thing I can imagine for the uptick would be cold temps? - IF the fires & deaths were accidental and the victims were either homeless or on hallucinogens, the latter being especially unlikely, IMO.

I can think of very few cases when a victim's body was burned out in an open area like a vacant lot or behind an industrial park. A body could lay there for years unnoticed, but if you set one one on fire and anyone sees the smoke, they almost always call fire-rescue.

Very strange.
Is there a certain victimology of those who are emolated (sp?) or whose killer(s) try to burn them?

Why do killers usually burn victims? JMO - to "erase" easily & quickly identifiable physical features (face, fingerprints, clothing); to cover up injuries, sexual molestation & actual COD; and I don't know psychological reasons.
It would seem to rule out a typical arsonist I think. They like to see buildings burn and lots of destruction, imo. This would be a cold blooded killer to inflict that kind of pain on a living human. To burn a victim after death would signify covering up the initial crime by getting rid of evidence. Not as cruel, but it has it's own set of psychological warts.

Just wanting to note that I added some information about the Chumney murder suspect and his spree (with two others) of armed robberies in several states to my post #13. It may seem a little far-fetched, but I just have this hunch... May turn out to be totally unrelated, of course.

It would seem to rule out a typical arsonist I think. They like to see buildings burn and lots of destruction, imo. This would be a cold blooded killer to inflict that kind of pain on a living human. To burn a victim after death would signify covering up the initial crime by getting rid of evidence. Not as cruel, but it has it's own set of psychological warts.

this person was left beside a busy road though. they didnt care if the were found.

im thinking this is a domestic violence case.

I shared the ring to my Facebook. I wonder if it originally had a stone in the center?

It looks to me as if it did -- and maybe even still does -- have a central stone. Pretty sure I see some smaller stones around the side of the central setting? Depending on how close it was to the burning, the stones may have been blackened and/or the metal of the setting softened enough to cause some stones to fall out or maybe "drop" downward between the prongs.

Really wonder how close it WAS found...? Close enough to have actually been being worn by the victim and lost from the body as the burning progressed? (sorry) Or maybe the perp, if this was a crime, removed it from the victim at some point before the fire and dropped it?

(Of course, it could have been dropped or lost by someone else near that spot at another time altogether.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back