WA - Three children found freezing in Lake Stevens home, Feb 2015

PastTense

Reaction score
Two 33-year-old parents were arrested Tuesday, four days after their three kids were found abandoned in deplorable conditions inside their Lake Stevens home, police said... Officers arrived to find the house padlocked and a 7-year-old girl just inside. Officers broke into the home and found the girl along with her 3-year-old brother, abandoned and living in deplorable conditions. Upstairs, their 11-month-old brother was locked in a room.

"The 7-year-old was taking care of the 3-year-old and the 11-month-old was locked upstairs in a room where you needed a key to get to it, so they had to take care of themselves," said Cmdr. Dennis Taylor with Lake Stevens Police.

Detectives described the house as being filled with animal feces and garbage with no heat or food present... "The condition of the home looked like it was being torn down, with drywall missing, insulation missing, water coming through the ceiling," Taylor said, adding it was about 40 degrees in the home.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...-Stevens-home-parents-arrested-290726421.html

So happy the parents didn't pay the guy they owed money. The kids may have died because no one would have noticed. This is just so messed up!

too many stories like this lately..........MOO

No food and 40 degrees. Miserable. That would be hard to handle WITH adults present. I can't imagine how helpless they must have felt on their own. That seven year old has already lived many years beyond her innocent age. Poor babies. What a blessing that they were rescued.

Parents of three young children found abandoned and locked inside a Lake Stevens home are each being held on $100,000 bail. Amanda Foley, 32, and Mark Dorson, also 32, appeared in court on Wednesday. Foley admitted using meth and said she is pregnant. Foley broke down when a judge told her to have no contact with her kids.

...The Lake Stevens school district also noticed when the oldest daughter came to school smelling so badly that the staff offered her a change of clothes. "Ongoing concerns about her health and well being, her attendance, her hygiene," said Jayme Taylor, director of communications for the Lake Stevens School District. "So they made three official reports to child protective services since October of 2014.

So why didn't the state step in? In a written statement released Wednesday night, CPS will only confirm the kids are now in state's custody. The agency says privacy laws prevent them from commenting any further.
http://www.king5.com/story/news/crime/2015/02/04/mom-of-abandoned-kids-used-meth-pregnant/22884317/

What the heck is wrong with people? I hate drugs. It destroys soooo many lives. Its weird because it looks like at one time, the house may have been pretty nice. And why lock ONE kid in a room? I just dont get it....

Thank God this lady had car issues and had this piece of trash work on her car. These babies were saved by an angel!

I hope these 2 worthless things never get these children back. I hate reading stories like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a story that stayed with me and I've checked in on it every now and then. After all these months I was happy to find some good news.
LAKE STEVENS, Wash. — A young girl who was found abandoned with her siblings in a house of filth in Lake Stevens is now in a home filled with love. And the new family hopes to adopt her brother, too
http://q13fox.com/2015/06/18/neglected-children-find-new-home/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes