TransAsia flight crashes into river after clipping a bridge

Mods, can you fix? It should be TransAsia in the title. Thank you.

This is unreal. Thanks for posting RT51.

This is the third fatal crash of a TransAsia ATR-72! The last accident was just six months ago!

[video=youtube;0fWhYJNZt08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fWhYJNZt08[/video]

Wow, that is crazy video! What in the hell happened?

You can see that it clips that taxi as it comes down. I wonder if anyone in the taxi was killed.

Horrible.

That is a crazy video.......my nightmare every time I pass Newark airport on the turnpike.......yikes....sad for all.

Wow, that is crazy video! What in the hell happened?

One of the propellor engines failed that's why I would never fly on a plane without two jet engines. The poor passengers and crew on board must have been terrified.

I think it just hit the front of the taxi, I'm guessing those people are okay.

This news site has some great photos and maps, including some photos of the taxi that was clipped.

http://rt.com/news/229099-taiwan-plane-crash-landing-river/

RT51: FYI, for the first hour or two you can edit the title of a thread you created. Click on the edit icon for the first post. Once in edit you have to click on another option, I think it's "advanced" or something similar which will let you modify the title. I haven't done it in a while.

Thanks guys....since viewing the video I was sure I saw a vehicle being clipped but no new reported on it.....glad they came out ok....

I think it just hit the front of the taxi, I'm guessing those people are okay.

Thanks guys....since viewing the video I was sure I saw a vehicle being clipped but no new reported on it.....glad they came out ok....

No, they are not okay. Not dead, but not okay, at least according to JerseyGirl's link.

The plane's wing hit a taxi on the freeway, and the driver and a passenger were injured, Chen said.

'Mayday. Engine flameout': Call shortly before plane hits bridge in Taiwan

---------------------------------

Fifty-eight people were aboard the flight when it veered out of control as it flew to Kinmen, off the coast of the Chinese province of Xiamen.

The toll: 31 confirmed dead, 15 injured and 12 missing,
officials said. The search and rescue effort continues.
Two other people, who were in a car on the bridge that was clipped by the wing of the plane as it went down, also were injured.

The plane's cockpit crew were among those confirmed dead, authorities said.

------------------------

The two people in the taxi were injured but are in stable condition after being taken to a hospital, CNA said.[/B

-------------------------

Former ATR pilot: Plane likely gliding

A pilot who once flew ATRs for American Airlines said it looked like the plane was gliding when dash-cam video from several angles captured the moments of the crash.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/04/asia/taiwan-plane-crash-transasia/index.html

'I fainted the moment it hit us': Driver of taxi hit by plane as it fell from the sky and plunged into a river in Taiwan tells of his lucky escape... as locals pose for SELFIES near the wreckage

Two-year-old boy one of four children pulled from the wreckage after surviving the horror crash on Wednesday

TransAsia GE235 passenger plane with 58 people on board plunged into Keeling River in capital city Taipei

At least 31 people have been confirmed dead, according to Taiwanese Civil Aviation Authority, and 12 are missing

Three women were seen happily posing in front of the rescue operation as they took pictures

An emergency rescue operation with over 1000 personnel, including soldiers is continuing

There were 53 passengers and five crew on board, 31 of whom were tourists from mainland China

It crushed a taxi, injuring the driver, before clipping a freeway overpass and plunging into the river

Investigators are examining the plane's blackbox retrieved from the wreckage

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pose-SELFIES-near-wreckage.html#ixzz3QrmAHBOh

"I felt something was not right after the plane took off," Huang said from hospital where he was being treated for minor injuries to his chin. "I told the woman next to me that we should buckle seat belts, hold on to the seat and cover our heads. I just finished saying it and then plane went down."l

The above info came from NBC website....am trying to add the link but my IPad is fighting me lol.
here we go (finally!)

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/taiwan-transasia-crash-survivor-saved-passengers-drowning-n300631

'I fainted the moment it hit us': Driver of taxi hit by plane as it fell from the sky and plunged into a river in Taiwan tells of his lucky escape... as locals pose for SELFIES near the wreckage

Three women were seen happily posing in front of the rescue operation as they took pictures

OH GOOD GRIEF. People really suck sometimes. It just boggles the mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back