Ontario Mom

stay safe ♥ be kind
Reaction score
klreid.jpg

MISSING PERSON
Incident #: WA15019831
Publish Date: Feb 5, 2015
Incident Date: Jan 1, 2015

Waterloo Regional Police Service is requesting the public’s help for any information that will lead to the current whereabouts of a missing Kitchener woman. Kate Lynn REID, 51 years, was last seen in January 2015. Miss REID is White, 5’6” 110 lbs, blonde hair, blue eyes. A photo is attached to this release. Police would like to check on her wellbeing. Anyone having information is asked to call police at: 519 650 8500 ext. 8405, or Crime Stoppers 1 800 222 8477.

http://www.wrps.on.ca/major-incidents

I didn't even map it, I was just in a hurry to get her info up. We used to live in Kitchener not far from where this is, but there is something about the KW area that always leaves me unsure of where roads are (a map/gravity/directional vortex exclusive to KW, I think?) Now that I see it on the map I know exactly where it is. We used to have a weekly Bible study with some elderly folks at 212 Belmont, which is literally right around the corner, like a 2 minute walk.

This lady looks so much like my sister-in-law when I first saw her pic on twitter I actually thought it was her. Same *everything* but off by 2 years in age. Someone in KW knows her, and knows where she is!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 340
I am in this area . A few observations and questions.

- Was she last seen January 1st? Where?
- Did she attend a New Years Eve party? She is very close to the downtown scene, nightclubs. If you take the trail it is quick to get to the Stampede Corral at Courtland and Stirling. there are also train tracks which are a shortcut and more direct route. A few years ago a man was found dead in the canal near Madison Ave after leaving the Stampede.
-Video cameras at the outdoor mall, there is a Canada Trust there and a Sobey's and now a Rexall. Wonder if they were ever looked at?
-Does she have a car, job or any social media pages?
-Did Victoria Park ever get searched?

-Her picture is circulating on local Kitchener FB pages, yet I have not seen anyone post that they know her.
-I get frustrated with the WRP because so little attention is given to some that are missing.

This case from last winter still bothers me as it was so close to where I live, and this woman died of hypothermia.

http://www.kitchenerpost.ca/news/fourth-roof-youth-dies/

This whole Courtland-Mill-Stirling-Highland-Belmont Road area has gone so downhill in the past 2 years. We have abandoned factories that have turned into a place for junk cars to be stored. Homeless living under the Stirling bridge (they are cool though, just down on their luck)
The abandoned factory on Madison has been set on fire twice, and just yesterday I saw fire trucks there again.

Just wish we could get more info, on this woman.

I couldn't find any info *anywhere* saying exactly when in January she was last seen. I know the incident report says January 1st but for them to wait an entire month before releasing it to the public seems seriously off.

I cannot find her on social media, have found nothing about her car (if she has one) and haven't seen anything about a search. My hubby works in Kitchener and he shared her pic with folks at work and several of them said she looks familiar but no one mentioned if they actually know her. Very frustrating. :(

I've even tried an image search and nothing. Who reported her missing? Where did this picture come from? Is it possible she's not on social media AT ALL? Highly doubtful.

I found her address and phone number, but that doesn't really do any good :(

I've even tried an image search and nothing. Who reported her missing? Where did this picture come from? Is it possible she's not on social media AT ALL? Highly doubtful.

I just found him and the police have his last name sort of wrong. I am going to search through and see if there is any connection. Maybe name variations for her too.

Gerald Derouin and actually is De Rouin.

https://www.facebook.com/gerry.dero...t_cursor=MDpub3Rfc3RydWN0dXJlZDo3NTE2MTI1NDc=

The major incidents section is like a newsfeed, no? From what I can see, they don't usually go back to modify the incidents, they simply post them as they occur (e.g., see Missing Person Paula Burnley, Incident #: WA15018712, who is no longer missing---her Twitter account is active), whereas the missing persons section would be modified as cases are closed. At one point, KLR's case was there, and now it's not.

Gerald Derouin has been removed from WRPS's missing persons list (which appears to have been restructured in the last few days, may explain why KLR was removed) as well as the major incidents page, so I'm guessing he's been located. Unfortunately Kate Lynn Reid is still on the major incidents page (but not the missing persons list).

Gerald Derouin has been removed from WRPS's missing persons list (which appears to have been restructured in the last few days, may explain why KLR was removed) as well as the major incidents page, so I'm guessing he's been located. Unfortunately Kate Lynn Reid is still on the major incidents page (but not the missing persons list).

It's weird that there's nothing to indicate Gerry has actually been found. He was supposedly missing since late November/early December, and this CBC article was published Jan 28:

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/kitchenerwaterloo/story/1.2934825

Lived alone, apparently single, seems to have had a good job as a designer at an engineering firm, no reference to vehicle. Who goes missing from their community for 2+ months and turns up with no explanation in the media (even a snippet to say nor worries, they have been located, alive or deceased).

Hard to say with GD ... the WRPS twitter still has the Jan 28 post that he is missing but when I click on the link it takes me to the Major Incidents page where he is not shown. Further up in their tweets, they do statements when someone has been located.

https://twitter.com/wrpstoday

"Reid, who has struggled with addictions in the past according to Heinzel, was initially thought to have left Waterloo Region, but police investigators have since changed their minds. "She has relatives in other parts of the country and she may have left, but at this point, no-one among her family members in other parts of the country have seen her," he said. "

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...disappearance-now-deemed-suspicious-1.2978371

:(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821