GUILTY Australia - Brendan Bernard, 32, found dismembered, Melbourne, Vic, 27 Jan 2015

PrimeSuspect

Reaction score
Distinctive tattoo could hold key to gruesome Melbourne body parts mystery

Detectives have resumed their search of a Melbourne river after a man’s remains were found floating in the water yesterday.
Around 1.30pm yesterday walkers spotted a forearm severed at the elbow and wrist floating near the jetty outside Masterchef judge Gary Mehigan’s Boathouse restaurant on the Maribyrnong River.
0602_tattoo_sp.ashx

Officers have released a photo of a distinctive devil tattoo discovered on the forearm of one of the body parts in the hope of identifying the man.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-found-in-melbourne-river#VztM0vDxjVm3yfWK.99

Creepy. I lived near there until recently and it's a pretty popular spot.

Good find! They're slightly different in that the tattoo devil is holding a spray can, and the album devil is holding what looks like flowers.
Yes it's altered a little...was wondering if the spray can reflets a Graffiti fan/artist

A third body part has been found in the Maribyrnong River on Saturday morning, as police work to identify the man whose limbs were severed and dumped in the river.

A passerby made the gruesome discovery of a leg in a plastic bag at 11.20am near Oakland Street in Maribyrnong in Melbourne's west.

Police confirmed the leg is believed to be connected to the two limbs found upstream on Thursday and Friday.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...und-in-maribyrnong-river-20150207-138izb.html

Yes it's altered a little...was wondering if the spray can reflets a Graffiti fan/artist

I was also wondering that before you pointed out that it's from an album cover. So yes I think that's a good possibility. Actually, the whole image looks like it's in graffiti style to me.

I was also wondering that before you pointed out that it's from an album cover. So yes I think that's a good possibility. Actually, the whole image looks like it's in graffiti style to me.
Yeah looks to be connected to graffiti, can't believe know one has identified him yet. Wouldn't think many people would have that type of tattoo, considering the band isn't that well known.

I only hope that LE are able to catch who are responsible for his death. They have sure done a good job on him and the way he has been disposed of may make it hard to find the killer/s

I wonder if the cops know that it's from that album cover? I presume so, but it's not really widely known so :dunno:

In one of the articles above, it says a leg was in a Harris Scarfe shopping bag. I googled Harris Scarfe in Victoria because it's not common and there are three stores -- Epping, Highpoint, and Point Cook. They're all reasonably close to Moonee Ponds but Highpoint is very close. Like just up the road.

One thing I find interesting about the way he was disposed of is that the tattoo was left in place, so I doubt the dismemberment was done to remove the identity of the victim (plus the fact all the parts were dumped together). It's all very curious.

I wonder if the cops know that it's from that album cover? I presume so, but it's not really widely known so :dunno:

In one of the articles above, it says a leg was in a Harris Scarfe shopping bag. I googled Harris Scarfe in Victoria because it's not common and there are three stores -- Epping, Highpoint, and Point Cook. They're all reasonably close to Moonee Ponds but Highpoint is very close. Like just up the road.

One thing I find interesting about the way he was disposed of is that the tattoo was left in place, so I doubt the dismemberment was done to remove the identity of the victim (plus the fact all the parts were dumped together). It's all very curious.
I reckon the police would know the tattoo was from an album cover, was reported on the news tonight and people have written it on the Vic Police fb page.

For him not to have been identified yet makes you wonder that he may not have much family or they live out of state/overseas and the Victoria media hasn't reached them yet.

I reckon the police would know the tattoo was from an album cover, was reported on the news tonight and people have written it on the Vic Police fb page.

For him not to have been identified yet makes you wonder that he may not have much family or they live out of state/overseas and the Victoria media hasn't reached them yet.

Thanks! I rarely watch the news and didn't see the fb page. I hope the police can figure out who this guy is and what happened. Victorian homicide police do a pretty good job I think. It's possible that family or friends have come forward but police are keeping it under wraps until it's confirmed.

This is a pic of the album cover Tooth and Nail by a Sydney Punk band Downtime the album was released in 1997 -obviously a huge fan having the album cover tattooed onto him- http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/downtime(australia)/tooth-and-nail

Great sleuthing, spiritualdreaming! The police (or member of public) have made the connection too, I was going to ask if you could ring it in if they hadn't. :)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/de...sydney-punk-band/story-fni0fiyv-1227211771214

A DEVIL tattoo on a limb found in the Maribyrnong River on Thursday is understood to be linked to a Sydney punk band.
Police confirmed they were aware that the tattoo on part of an arm found in the Maribyrnong river last Thursday could have been modelled on artwork from Downtime’s album Tooth and Nail.
A spokeswoman said homicide detectives were investigating any significant meaning of the distinctive tattoo after amateur sleuths pointed out the similarity on the Victoria Police Facebook page

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/news/5864-further-discoveries-in-the-maribyrnong.html

Further discoveries in the Maribyrnong

Police are investigating following the discovery of further human remains in the Maribyrnong River this morning.

A member of the public was going for her morning row in the vicinity of the Maribyrnong Road bridge when a plastic bag was located around 8am.

Upon closer inspection the woman saw what she believed to be human remains inside the bag.

Immediately after the discovery police were notified and attended the scene. The item is believed to be that of human remains.

The circumstances surrounding the discoveries are being investigated by the Homicide Squad but at this stage police believe this morning’s find is linked to human remains found in the Maribyrnong over the last few days.

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/news/5864-further-discoveries-in-the-maribyrnong.html

Further discoveries in the Maribyrnong

Police are investigating following the discovery of further human remains in the Maribyrnong River this morning.

A member of the public was going for her morning row in the vicinity of the Maribyrnong Road bridge when a plastic bag was located around 8am.

Upon closer inspection the woman saw what she believed to be human remains inside the bag.

Immediately after the discovery police were notified and attended the scene. The item is believed to be that of human remains.

The circumstances surrounding the discoveries are being investigated by the Homicide Squad but at this stage police believe this morning’s find is linked to human remains found in the Maribyrnong over the last few days.
OMG...Slowly they are piecing this poor man back together.

The person/s responsible are just totally sick, why couldn't they of just dump the body as a whole, rather than cut him up in a million pieces.

Feel sorry for this poor man's relatives where ever they are :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back